App Ownership

rcazador

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
EDIT: I tried reinstalling it and chose buy. After that it went to payment confirmation and then suddenly said I already own the app and that I can install without paying. So its just a misunderstanding sorry.

I recently deleted a few apps to male space for a game, and when I tried to reinstall them I was asked to pay for them. Originally I had snagged these apps on sale for free. The app in question is Plex. So do we have to pay for apps everytime we download them? My understanding was once an app is associated to an account it could be reinstalled as and when required. So what's the deal with the Plex app? Have I erred somehow?

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Yep, like you said in the Edit, you need to tap Buy and it will then say, you have purchased this before and it lets you install it for free. The other way you can do it, is log into windowsphone.com, click Purchase History, you'll see all the apps you have installed and from there you can send your purchased apps down to your phone remotely :)

rcazador

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Yep, like you said in the Edit, you need to tap Buy and it will then say, you have purchased this before and it lets you install it for free. The other way you can do it, is log into windowsphone.com, click Purchase History, you'll see all the apps you have installed and from there you can send your purchased apps down to your phone remotely :)
thanks man, useful info.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb