Box - Limitations vs Android/web version

himmatsj

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
The Box app on WP8 is absolutely pathetic. I have been using it as my go-to cloud storage for files between my iPad, Android tab and PC/laptop.

However, the WP8 doesn't even do basic stuff like save files locally, select multiple files to be saved locally etc. Why!?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Hard to tell whats going on here. Either Box developers are uninterested in building a complete product for this device, ( as I suspect they are ) or some limitation in the OS prevents it. (Which is seriously doubt) Box wants to have a presence everywhere but it knows it competes with Skydrive so I expect they do the bare minimum. Contact Box and ask them what the devil is going on.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Apparently it's the OS. You can't download via Skydrive either! :(
Not so sure that's completely true. I put my eBooks and PDF stuff in folders on my Skydrive and download them with my eBook reader, BookVisor. Freda can download them as well.

Markham Ranja

Banned
Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Not so sure that's completely true. I put my eBooks and PDF stuff in folders on my Skydrive and download them with my eBook reader, BookVisor. Freda can download them as well.

Not the same thing. WP8 allows apps to hook into Skydrive and upload/download files, but the same is not true for other storage clouds like Box or whatever. Even if the Box app downloads files locally, it can only write files to it's own private storage, except for image, audio and similar files which are integrated into the appropriate libraries. That is to say, BookVisor can download from Skydrive, but can it download from Box, or can it access epub files downloaded by the Box app?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Markham Ranja;2330316[B said:
]Not the same thing. WP8 allows apps to hook into Skydrive and upload/download files[/B], but the same is not true for other storage clouds like Box or whatever. Even if the Box app downloads files locally, it can only write files to it's own private storage, except for image, audio and similar files which are integrated into the appropriate libraries. That is to say, BookVisor can download from Skydrive, but can it download from Box, or can it access epub files downloaded by the Box app?

It is exactly the same thing I just said. lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes