Lets Make an Official Facebook app for WP.

Rum 007

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi, by now i think everyone who love windows phone 8 is really disappointed with the lack of Facebook for WP, and no i am not talking about the Facebook app that is developed by Microsoft! I am talking about a real app like the ones android and ios users are getting straight from Facebook (the company) i am really pissed that my lumia 1520 with its crazy specs runs Facebook like its a $200 android phone. The app is slow, featureless, horrible old design, missing lots of things.

This post was created to get Facebook to develop a app just like instagram. If we got together we could force Facebook to make an app for us and we will change their thoughts about windows phone market share.

First we must get a way to talk to big names at facebook like Mark Zuckerberg that we are disappointed in the work they are doing with Microsoft and how they are miss treating us just because wp market is small. We will remind them that windows phone users are in millions right now and nearly every smartphone user use's Facebook on their phone.

Please guys work with me to make this post bigger and get our voices heard because having a smartphone like 1520 wont be enjoyable and Facebook app is stuck in the early 2000. That's what Facebook looked like as an app when it was launched on ios laggy as hell. Microsoft have done a good job but we can't keep up with this app most of us are using the browser to view the news feed just because its richer and isn't laggy.

We made instagram develop an app so it wouldn't be hard to make its parent company make one as well. We don't want facebook Home we don't want facebook Paper and we don't want Facebook Poke, we just want a decent Facebook app just like the ios one.

Thanks
A windows phone lover and user😊

Rum 007

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft calls it official, but its not. Facebook won't allow Microsoft to access its important areas like settings. Most important the app needs redesign and make it useful like the IOS one.

Kaushik Dash

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
What I really think is Facebook and Microsoft should work together to bring a total Facebook integration to Windows Phone. What I mean is, you can literally do anything on your phone's FB integration that you can do on facebook.com on PC.

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft calls it official, but its not. Facebook won't allow Microsoft to access its important areas like settings. Most important the app needs redesign and make it useful like the IOS one.

and you cant go now and buy and android or iphone if you need facebook so much and they are the "super useful" facebook apps, people cant live without?
would those apps make your profile interesting?, have a fried chicken? give you tickets to zoo or a game? they make you coffee? they make your status look prettier? or something?

You could also learn how to program and bring your own facebook app, dont you think if you want a "better" one, you could. just like Rudy, he brought alot of apps and he is in a good place now among WP developers, because he is good now.
hmm but I guess people like you are here only to complain and ask? what about m.facebook.com? or thats not at your level either?

and what if facebook released something and its still crap? (its not like Windows 8 app is the best thing on earth either.)
will you keep complaining? or you would just love the app only because it would say "developer: facebook" even if its worse?

funny funny, just funny.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb