The Woes of Viber

MilkyTee

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Ever since Viber updated on the 29/01 of last month, the service has been totally ****ed for me.

I open the app after getting a notification and get the "Ooops, an error has occurred" message. I hit ok, and it happens upwards of ten more times.. Needless to say, I can't actually view my messages, even after opening and closing the app and/or resetting the phone. They appear to have done NO testing whatsoever on the last two updates and sent them into the wild, hoping for the best. Awful show.

The latest update (10/02) did little to mend any problems, and I daresay it could have made the experience even worse. I've heard a clean re-install could help, but that means losing my messages on the phone, which I'm not willing to do. Any other way around this?

tl;dr Viber is an unoptimsed, unstable, unreliable and infuriating piece of **** on Windows Phone 8.

ViberTeam

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,
I'm sorry to hear you're having issue with our app.
We'll need more info in order to investigate the issue, pls open a support ticket here: Viber | Email Us our support team will be happy to help you!

MilkyTee

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply at least. Ill give the ticket thing a go, but I doubt Ill get anywhere.

Itd probably be better for you to pass on complaints to the relevant team, namely; Viber doesn't work anymore.Period.

This is clearly reflected in recent reviews on the store, a flood of painfully negative reviews have poured in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss