Skype back end fixed! - Windows Phone 8 app works.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I accidentally noticed this. May be most of you know this already.

If you read a message on Skype app for Windows Phone - it instantly clearly away unread notification now on your Skype for desktop app!

I was on a remote access with someone on my PC and I started getting messages on my Skype. My instincts made me pick up my phone and reply them via Skype app and it accidentally worked! The messages started coming to my phone instead of my PC and cleared all the notifications right in front of my eyes.

I am in the UK - in case this is regional roll out.

Can anyone confirm this on PC Skype as well as Windows 8 modern app?

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I accidentally noticed this. May be most of you know this already.

If you read a message on Skype app for Windows Phone - it instantly clearly away unread notification now on your Skype for desktop app!

I was on a remote access with someone on my PC and I started getting messages on my Skype. My instincts made me pick up my phone and reply them via Skype app and it accidentally worked! The messages started coming to my phone instead of my PC and cleared all the notifications right in front of my eyes.

I am in the UK - in case this is regional roll out.

Can anyone confirm this on PC Skype as well as Windows 8 modern app?

At best it only works one way, you read the message on phone, the message may clear on your pc. I can confirm that it does not work the other way: you read the message on PC, the message is still unread on phone.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
At best it only works one way, you read the message on phone, the message may clear on your pc. I can confirm that it does not work the other way: you read the message on PC, the message is still unread on phone.

Most likely because the app is super rubbish on the phone? :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss