GAMELOFT: World At Arms NOW AVAILABLE!

Xarok

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Yes it seems to be online only... As I am constantly stuck on the main loading screen; "Checking for updates".

Its fairly good once you can defeat the loading screen boss.

Euphorion

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Holy cow. I mean the game is great - but the Ingame Shop - O.M.G.

If you play this you have to be aware of one fact: The items that can be purchased for real money are so extremly more powerful than the "normal" ones, that sooner or later in the game you will only meet those players who have invested heavily. And heavily really means heavily. "Newbie buildings" already can cost €6-7 per piece. Or you can right away buy the (apparently) most powerful airplane for about €40. And even that you will probably lose one day or another during the fights.

And once you have purchased anything you better be careful as hell not to be "tricked" into spending the goldstars on stuff you didn't even want to buy. There are no "safeties" built in - so once you click on something it's purchased if you got the goldstars. And sometimes you buy something for goldstars when you expected to pay with normal gold: - sometimes the first building costs a little gold - and if you buy another it costs goldstars. Or you can click on something that is free - if you got itchy fingers and click again you may miss the tiny pricetag in goldstars the same action now has.

That's not bad as long as you didn't really buy the goldstars. But I basically lost all of the very few goldstars I got during gameplay due to such "tricks".

Anyway: great game, great graphics - but how I wished to have such a game at a high one-time-pricetag and then with a level playing field for everybody.

Xarok

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
That's not bad as long as you didn't really buy the goldstars. But I basically lost all of the very few goldstars I got during gameplay due to such "tricks".

I have also spent gold stars when I didn't mean to. Need to be very careful and know what you are pressing =S

Euphorion

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Oh yeah...while playing I repeatedly got a quote from Cloud Atlas in my mind: "The weak are meat the strong do eat.".

Once you are around lvl 10/11 you (or at least me) will probably get a ton of attacks from players who attack you with planes. Funny thing is that by normal gameplay you cannot have planes for yourself until you are lvl 13 (or better 14-15 as you first probably have to go through the lengthy process of building new energy buildings and an airport).
Well of course .... you CAN buy planes before. All you need is "a little" real money investment to buy some planes (which you will lose no matter what after a couple of fights).

But once you yourself are lvl 14/15 you will probably do the same to the lower levels as you get a task that asks you to increase your "fame" drastically ;-)

The same probably awaits you when you get into the area where underwater warfare gets available - just that it will probably take much longer to get through the "dangerous" levels and make underwater units available to yourself.

For sure, kudos to gameloft - from an economical point of view this is really well developed. Where Dungeon Hunter 4 was mainly annoying with reminders that you should buy something for "real money", this game used every chance to tell you "Don't be meat - be strong! Get the good stuff...".

Oh, how much I "despise" everybody who made this annoying trend in the gaming industry possible....

Euphorion

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Is there any way to reset your progress? I tried deinstalling the app - but afterwards all the stuff was again there.

For everybody playing the game: pay good attention to the little information you get early in the game. I ignored one - or better deemed it to be only the usual "chitchat" from the storyline you get all the time - but I fear I screwed up badly by doing so. Will take me probably 3-4 weeks to fix that mistake (if that's even enough)...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720