Podcasting apps from the perspective of a developer (plus crowdfunding)

kylejwx1

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello Windows Phone Fans,

If you are like me, you are probably missing a great podcasting app for windows phone. I currently use pocketcasts (Pocket Casts by Shifty Jelly) on android because I couldn't find a comparable app on windows phone. I started wondering about what it would take to get a dev like Shifty Jelly (creator of pocketcasts ) to make a windows phone version of the app. I started a thread about this over on another forum that I participate in (Surface Geeks - A Microsoft Surface and Windows 8 Enthusiast Site : Surface Geeks) and the developer jumped in and commented as well. Feel free to check it out at Crowd Funding Windows Phone App Development - General Discussion -.

Part of the discussion involves community interest in crowdfuding the app development, and I was also wondering what WPCentral users thought about crowdfunding as well.

Would you be willing to to put money towards crowd funding an app?
Would you fund pocket casts?
Do you have any experience using kickstarter, indiegogo, or other crowd funding sites and would like to contribute ideas or suggestions?
I think that an average donation of $20 would be a good place to start, but what do you think?

-Kyle

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa