New Applications For Windows Phone

Luigi Vampa

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: New Application For Windows Phone

GCSE Maths Quiz for Windows Phone 8

One of the best maths apps in the windows store, the GCSE Maths Quiz randomly generates questions over a range of subjects.
There is a scientific calculator added to the app for help along the way.
Sound effects allow monitoring of progress and there is a special boo in place for alerting when tests are quit. All are configurable in the settings and can be turned off.

Topics Covered
Trigonometry
Pythagoras
Indices
Fractions
Percentages
Addition
Subtraction
Division
Multiplication

Future Developments
I originally intended on adding the app to the lock screen forcing my niece to answer a question in order to open the phone but unfortunately this isn't possible. I am still exploring workarounds to make this happen and would to add it in a future release.
If there are any features you think would make a good addition to the app please contact me and likewise if you find any bugs in the app. It was a speedy development process in order to get my niece revising sooner so please forgive any shortcomings that this app may have.

Known Issues
Internal rounding error. Intermittent issue relating to the use of Pi and the trigonometry functions. Will be fixed for the next update. Current workaround - all quiz answers can be rounded to 1 decimal point without issues.

Download for free from the Windows Phone store
gPi5pfC.png
tXvj7mZ.png
Msba14J.png

Crispin Parker

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site

pLogger | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Plogger - The restroom break salary calculator

image.jpg

My first WP app, just a little fun and toilet humour.

Pred & Prey | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Pred & Prey - Evolution simulator

image.jpg

A little tech demo. The little fish pass on their characteristics to their offspring with a chance of mutation. Over generations the fish become better suited to their environment. You'll notice that sight, size and speed change over time. The change isn't scripted, evolutionary pressures drive the changes.

It's just for watching and doesn't accomplish anything, but I find it fascinating to see!

Crispin

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

Hi everyone!

I have created the Magnetic field detector. It's an app to check objects on their metallic, magnetic and electrical skills.

Check it out: Magnetic field detector

View attachment 58245 View attachment 58246 View attachment 58247

I would be very pleased to receive a short feedback.

my feedback: doesn't work on 520 for lack of compass :p isn't there any other way to get the magnetic readings ? Some other sensor which is on 520 too ?

proflo

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site

Hi everyone!

I have created the Magnetic field detector. It's an app to check objects on their metallic, magnetic and electrical skills.

Check it out: Magnetic field detector

MetalldetectorLink.png wp_ss_20140102_0005~1.png wp_ss_20140102_0013~1.png

I would be very pleased to receive a short feedback.

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

No there is no other way to measure the magnetic field on the device. Are you sure that your device hasn't magnetic sensors?

i know Lumia 520 doesn't have a compass (sounds stupid ! :p), that often translates to lots of missing apps :p, but they really needed to bring the price down :p. Anyway, i guess the magnetic sensors you're talking about are the same ones which give compass directions to the phone, so I'm (and 30-40% wp users) are gonna miss out on your app :p good luck still !

ARatcliff

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site

Cryptex | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store

Cryptex is a professional password manager with category related background animations. It comes with a password generator, shortcut to URLs and backup/restore capability to OneDrive. It uses Microsoft?s database encryption algorithms as provided by Microsoft so can be said to be as secure as any other Microsoft offering.

Teaser video:

Viktor Sze

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site

Realarm | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Realarm is powerful alarm app with stunning repeat options. Bored of waking up on the same ringtone every day? Simply assign more sounds to alarm and sounds will change randomly!

Key features:

- Powerful recurrence options
- Random sounds
- Custom repeat period
- Fixed/Flexible day in weekly recurrence
- Calendar preview of all (single) alarm occurrences
- Custom or system theme

02_1000x519.png

07_240x400.png 02_240x400.png 03_240x400.png 04_240x400.png

download:
Realarm | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre