No screenshot on 6snap

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Does anybody know why taking screenshots is blocked on 6snap?
Its allowed on the genuine one as you get an notification when someone does it.

I ask this because I wanted to screenshot a funny picture from a friend of mine, but ever since this is the only app that I can actually log in with I have no other means of saving that pic:(

Rudy why u block dis?

I mean, Rudy, why did you block this?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
There is no API for him to know if the user takes a screenshot or not, so he decided to just block it. This way it does not create an uproar and Snapshot asks him to take it down. Its for your own good.

And I think we all know what you mean by "funny picture" ;)

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
There is no API for him to know if the user takes a screenshot or not, so he decided to just block it. This way it does not create an uproar and Snapshot asks him to take it down. Its for your own good.

And I think we all know what you mean by "funny picture" ;)
oh It weren't nudes or something like that 😃 .
It was a picture of me and some friends being way to drunk 😅

Anyway I was just wondering, I'm just hoping for a official app coming (not to insult Rudy, but official apps bring more WP users)

xenogodusa

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
The answer is posted in the 6snap FAQ

Is it possible to make screenshot?
No, it's one of the key feature of snapchat and its purpose: be able to send private pictures (you understand ;-)). Snapchat makes all its possible to prevent screenshots, but on some platforms, they are no solution to remove them totally so they send a notification to picture sender.But to be clear, they hates screenshots and they make all their possible to eradicate them. 6snap is a unofficial app, so to respect snapchat, I need also to make all my possible to prevent screenshots, it's the only way to collaborate with snapchat team and respect them. I expect you understand

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes