Gameloft games updated for new high end devices?

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
As you can see from the video link posted below, NOVA3 (and I imagine other Gameloft games such as Modern Combat 4) looks to be missing effects and graphical features found on other OS. I imagine this was due to the other operating systems supporting higher end hardware earlier. So with the lumia 1520 and now Icon out now, does Gameloft have any plan to update games to take better advantage of the new hardware? If the older games won't be updated, would new games yet to be released support the new high end hardware better? I know we have a Gameloft rep visit these forums at times, so hopefully he can provide some information. If anyone else knows or has read anything, it would be awesome to have them chime in as well.

Video below:
NOVA 3 Graphics Comparison on iPhone 5S, Nvidia Shield, Nokia Lumia 1520 - YouTube

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
That's more than fine with me. I think the games look great even without the extra layer of gloss. I was more concerned of them ignoring high end window phones with their future releases. Ryan previously said Modern Combat 5 was also coming to WP, I'm hoping they take advantage of the 1520/Icon/whatever-they-announce-at-build with these games.

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
That's more than fine with me. I think the games look great even without the extra layer of gloss. I was more concerned of them ignoring high end window phones with their future releases. Ryan previously said Modern Combat 5 was also coming to WP, I'm hoping they take advantage of the 1520/Icon/whatever-they-announce-at-build with these games.

Our Dev teams will definitely be doing their best to optimize games we bring over to Windows for all devices. I can't say why there is a discrepancy between platforms because I've been told by our Devs that the whole build is being ported over and nothing is being reduced/taken out for older games. Not sure if this has to do with different hardware capabilities, drivers, etc. on the Windows platform compared to Android or iOS. However, we definitely make it a priority to get the most out of the hardware and will have more Windows development experience for each game coming out in the future!

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Our Dev teams will definitely be doing their best to optimize games we bring over to Windows for all devices. I can't say why there is a discrepancy between platforms because I've been told by our Devs that the whole build is being ported over and nothing is being reduced/taken out for older games. Not sure if this has to do with different hardware capabilities, drivers, etc. on the Windows platform compared to Android or iOS. However, we definitely make it a priority to get the most out of the hardware and will have more Windows development experience for each game coming out in the future!

Will you guys update old games when the new games come out? Because I feel it is right for you guys to still support your old games.

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

Hey, thanks for the taking the time to post in here, much appreciated. It's likely your team was telling the truth and nothing was reduced or taken out when the games were initially ported. It may just be possible that the other versions have just been updated for newer chips since the hardware was available on the other platforms earlier than WP. The 1520 came out last November, while the Icon just came out on the 20th of this month. Before these two phones launched, pretty much every WP ran off the older S4 chip, so it's understandable that the WP version of these games don't match up.

Was just curious on port quality with future games and you make it sound like it'll be great. So thanks!

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Will you guys update old games when the new games come out? Because I feel it is right for you guys to still support your old games.

We definitely believe in supporting our old games, especially ones we just ported over. Our team that works on Windows will be monitoring feedback and the store for possible updates that can help performance and anything else they feel is necessary. We want to support gaming growth on Windows, not just port a few games over and leave them alone.

Six guns was updated on 20/2/2014 after update the game has become laggy on my lumia 520 before update it was working smoothly.

Hmm...I'm not sure what would have caused that. I'll have to check and see what was included in that update. If it continues definitely post a review in the store mentioning. I know for a fact our Devs look at the Windows Store reviews on a daily basis. If anyone else is having this issue, definitely post and let me know. Include what device you're playing on and I'll do my best to see what's going on.

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
How about fixing the bugs in the earlier games first! I avoid GL games like the plague they always crash they never fix bugs and the worst support ever...

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
How about fixing the bugs in the earlier games first! I avoid GL games like the plague they always crash they never fix bugs and the worst support ever...

I mentioned this in my post directly above yours. We do support our old games and work on fixing them. However, we do need feedback from the community in terms of reviews on the store or through our support team. I'm really sorry if you've had a bad experience with our support staff. I know they are working hard to improve the support-customer communication and also how we continually improve our existing games.

If you have specific issues I am more than happy to look in to them and see if there are fixes in the works. Feel free to PM me or post here and I'll share any information I have.

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I mentioned this in my post directly above yours. We do support our old games and work on fixing them. However, we do need feedback from the community in terms of reviews on the store or through our support team. I'm really sorry if you've had a bad experience with our support staff. I know they are working hard to improve the support-customer communication and also how we continually improve our existing games.

If you have specific issues I am more than happy to look in to them and see if there are fixes in the works. Feel free to PM me or post here and I'll share any information I have.

No fix for IA it's been a long and tedious process of neglect on GL's part. The game was so bad I had to quit playing due to crashing, just like tapped out a year ago. But EA fixed alot of the bugs and actually listen to their bread & butter customers. I appreciate the concern but there is nothing you can do.

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
No fix for IA it's been a long and tedious process of neglect on GL's part. The game was so bad I had to quit playing due to crashing, just like tapped out a year ago. But EA fixed alot of the bugs and actually listen to their bread & butter customers. I appreciate the concern but there is nothing you can do.

Are you talking about Ice Age Village? If so, I think there is something I can do. I can take your concerns to our Dev team and say "Hey, what's going on? This stuff needs to be looked at." However, I can't do that unless I hear from players, like yourself, who have experienced problems. My job is to do something, especially when it's coming straight from our community.

Nicomario

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't think I'll buy another Gameloft title again. I got MC4, the Batman game and the Spiderman game for $7 each. That's alot of money.
And yet, IAP's are everywhere. You can't get a decent gun for multiplayer in MC4 without spending more money on top of the $7 you bought it for or grinding away half your life force.
I deleted them and haven't played them since. Now when I see a game I like, the first thing I do is check the screenshots and if there is more than one currency at the top of the screen(signaling "premium" currency) I don't even bother downloading it. Its incredibly frustrating and irritating. I'd buy the full game(I thought I did for $7 dollars) buti just feel used and abused when that happens. This is not directed against you Ryan, you're doing good here engaging the community, but Gameloft shouldn't do that to us. I'm sure they don't need to hang us by our pockets.

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't think I'll buy another Gameloft title again. I got MC4, the Batman game and the Spiderman game for $7 each. That's alot of money.
And yet, IAP's are everywhere. You can't get a decent gun for multiplayer in MC4 without spending more money on top of the $7 you bought it for or grinding away half your life force.
I deleted them and haven't played them since. Now when I see a game I like, the first thing I do is check the screenshots and if there is more than one currency at the top of the screen(signaling "premium" currency) I don't even bother downloading it. Its incredibly frustrating and irritating. I'd buy the full game(I thought I did for $7 dollars) buti just feel used and abused when that happens. This is not directed against you Ryan, you're doing good here engaging the community, but Gameloft shouldn't do that to us. I'm sure they don't need to hang us by our pockets.

Understandable and this is a big point that I'm working on since joining Gameloft, along with my coworkers. We are trying to explain that setups like this aren't ideal and it's great to get feedback like this. This is the best type of market research I can provide for GL. I appreciate the rant because at the end of the day it'll only help us improve!

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Are you talking about Ice Age Village? If so, I think there is something I can do. I can take your concerns to our Dev team and say "Hey, what's going on? This stuff needs to be looked at." However, I can't do that unless I hear from players, like yourself, who have experienced problems. My job is to do something, especially when it's coming straight from our community.

Yes sorry I should have put in the "v" ryan you sound like a good guy I appreciate the response's but i quit playing a year ago. The really bad part about this game is there is no way to save it unless your on iOS. If anything I'm sure the GL forums would appreciate your input there. Alot of angry people that put way more time and money than I would really appreciate a real answer instead of the old canned response of sending in a ticket. And the follow up on GL's part is nothing is ever addressed.

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes sorry I should have put in the "v" ryan you sound like a good guy I appreciate the response's but i quit playing a year ago. The really bad part about this game is there is no way to save it unless your on iOS. If anything I'm sure the GL forums would appreciate your input there. Alot of angry people that put way more time and money than I would really appreciate a real answer instead of the old canned response of sending in a ticket. And the follow up on GL's part is nothing is ever addressed.

Yeah, IAV is only saved on the device, so even with iOS, if you delete the game or an issue happens the progress is lost. It's the downside to offline games but we are working on integrating server sync for our new releases and future games. I mainly deal with outside forums but I am working with our team internally to improve communication on our own boards. Hopefully the environment will improve in the near future!

Nicomario

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Understandable and this is a big point that I'm working on since joining Gameloft, along with my coworkers. We are trying to explain that setups like this aren't ideal and it's great to get feedback like this. This is the best type of market research I can provide for GL. I appreciate the rant because at the end of the day it'll only help us improve!
I don't think this was the right place to post that but thanks for acknowledging that that practise is out of wack. It's nice to see that at least one person at GL cares about how their customers feel. I don't know how much swaying power you and your colleagues have,but good luck with that.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site

I would gladly pay like 10-20 bucks for an actual console-like game in which I don't have to keep pouring in money to enjoy the game. I feel there is so much potential in mobile gaming but it just gets ruined with this pay-to-progress model :(

For example I love games like diablo and torchlight etc... So when I saw Dungeon Hunter 4 I thought it was gonna be absolutely amazing... But after playing 30 minutes I realized that I either had to start paying or start grinding for eternity...

I hate to see all this potential for great games get wasted :(

Nicomario

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I would gladly pay like 10-20 bucks for an actual console-like game in which I don't have to keep pouring in money to enjoy the game. I feel there is so much potential in mobile gaming but it just gets ruined with this pay-to-progress model :(

For example I love games like diablo and torchlight etc... So when I saw Dungeon Hunter 4 I thought it was gonna be absolutely amazing... But after playing 30 minutes I realized that I either had to start paying or start grinding for eternity...

I hate to see all this potential for great games get wasted :(

Exactly! I'm willing to buy a complete game. I thought I did for 7 bucks.
I didn't even last 5 minutes with Dungeon Hunter 4. As soon as I saw the "gems" I knew that it was gonna be either a grind fest or a wallet leech.
It could have been a great game that I spent time on but the IAP's.
Why?

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Exactly! I'm willing to buy a complete game. I thought I did for 7 bucks.
I didn't even last 5 minutes with Dungeon Hunter 4. As soon as I saw the "gems" I knew that it was gonna be either a grind fest or a wallet leech.
It could have been a great game that I spent time on but the IAP's.
Why?
yeah, it's so sad.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion