Motorola is being sold to Lenovo, and Lenovo was announced as a OEM Partner For Windows Phone 8.1 do

winrayjay99

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
We know to the surprise of many, including Microsoft. Google sold Motorola mobility to Lenovo. Also at the Microsoft press conference at mobile world conference, Lenovo was named a hardware partner for windows phone.

Lenovo is planning to Keep the Motorola branding. Google is getting Lenovo Stock out of this deal, like they did with Arris in selling the modem, cable box Division to them.

So my question is will we see a Motorola Windows phone? Did Google know about the partnership with Lenovo when they sold Motorola? Will Google be ok with windows ending up on something they use to own?

Here is my opinion Lenovo will probably rename their whole Smartphone Division Motorola. I also think Lenovo told Google what the plan was with Microsoft before Motorola was sold to them. I think Google is not bothered by this because more competition means better sales.

I feel Google is starting to realize that Windows phone has become a fierce rival to Android and they have a chance to have more competition that does not use a forked version of Android (I am looking you Amazon). So what do you think?

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Tapatalk

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
3.4% marketshare hardly equates to a "fierce rival" to android. The Microsoft deal most likely had no bearing on google selling Motorola and Lenovo being announced as a partner means squat, just ask LG who came out on the same day they were announced to say they have no plans for a WP device in the near future. When it comes to WP nothing is ser in stone till the device actually goes on sale.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
3.4% marketshare hardly equates to a "fierce rival" to android. The Microsoft deal most likely had no bearing on google selling Motorola and Lenovo being announced as a partner means squat, just ask LG who came out on the same day they were announced to say they have no plans for a WP device in the near future. When it comes to WP nothing is ser in stone till the device actually goes on sale.
But MS has 93 percent of he desktop. Watch and learn grasshopper. Watch and learn. I've seen MS move before and when they do, they move big.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I think Google is not bothered by this because more competition means better sales.

I think you are delusional, as more competition NEVER means better sales. Most companies will do anything they can to stomp out competition. The only exceptions occur after market regulators start talking anti competitive practices and monopolies.

Also, from the sound of it, Motorola wasn't sold because Google wanted to, but because it was a necessary concession in order to pull Samsung back into the fold.

I don't think WP factored into this deal in any way. Google is aware of the potential threat WP could become. As it is now, at least as far as Google is concerned, WP is irrelevant.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
But MS has 93 percent of he desktop. Watch and learn grasshopper. Watch and learn. I've seen MS move before and when they do, they move big.

You're kidding, right? This has been the same argument out forward since WP launched 4 years ago, yet where are they now? And the Windows world is under siege from ipads, android and chromebooks and their market share is actually falling, I think you should look at the current market where Windows is gradually but increasingly growing irrelevant and stop living in the past and thinking Microsoft will make some miraculous comeback.

winrayjay99

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
You're kidding, right? This has been the same argument out forward since WP launched 4 years ago, yet where are they now? And the Windows world is under siege from ipads, android and chromebooks and their market share is actually falling, I think you should look at the current market where Windows is gradually but increasingly growing irrelevant and stop living in the past and thinking Microsoft will make some miraculous comeback.

I hate when people continue to call Microsoft some dead Relic. Look at apple until Steve Jobs came back people thought they were a dead relic. With Nadellya (a former sun microsystems guy) in as CEO and Bill Gates as Tech Advisor Microsoft may live again. The only thing that bothers me is Stephen Elop running Xbox (Xbox pressers at E3 will just be weird). Even if Windows dies Microsoft products will still be around. I mean Ipad is getting a full featured version of Microsoft office. So Microsoft is not some dead relic.

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss