Music+Video app doesen't recognize my music

jetkom

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi!

I'm about to throw my Lumia 920 out of the window. It's a great phone but right now, useless for me as a music player... and this is a feature I use every day!

I started using the default music+video hub but didn't really like it. So I looked for other apps. I've installed six or seven music players until now and all of them lack the basic feature of editing playlist on the fly. They won't even let me add single songs from an album to the currently playing songs. Now I've learned, that this is a OS limitation (!). But the nativ hub, music+video lets me do these things. So I got back to it. And now I remember why I got away from it: it doesen't process half of the songs I put on my phone. I can find them on the song list, but they don't show up in the artist, album or genre menu. I am putting a lot of effort in getting the tags of my songs right on my PC, so the information on them is correct. I have checked and other music players I have been using sort all songs without issues. Another problem is that with some files it processes the information in a wrong way. For example, it creates one album for every song in one album... so I have one album for any song in a given album. Or it doesen't get the album cover. Or the artist is unknown...

Does anybody have a clue what the problem might be?

Or another music player that would allow me to browse my library per artist, album, genre and song and letting me add single items to the playing list? (Complete playlists functionality is impossible I guess).

EDIT: I just tried the Xbox Music app... it looks like it sorts the songs right, but doesen't retreive the album covers. Plus I don't know if I can use it without a Xbox Music Pass (just got a trial for now.)

I really love the phone but I need to be able to have my music accesible, as this is the feature I use most of my If I don't find a solution i will probably have to sell my phone. :(

Thanks!

P.S.: Do you know if Microsoft is planning to allow full playlist funcionality?

P.S.2: Forgive me for my english, it's not my native language.

Last edited:

Jarip

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi!

I'm about to throw my Lumia 920 out of the window. It's a great phone but right now, useless for me as a music player... and this is a feature I use every day!

I started using the default music+video hub but didn't really like it. So I looked for other apps. I've installed six or seven music players until now and all of them lack the basic feature of editing playlist on the fly. They won't even let me add single songs from an album to the currently playing songs. Now I've learned, that this is a OS limitation (!). But the nativ hub, music+video lets me do these things. So I got back to it. And now I remember why I got away from it: it doesen't process half of the songs I put on my phone. I can find them on the song list, but they don't show up in the artist, album or genre menu. I am putting a lot of effort in getting the tags of my songs right on my PC, so the information on them is correct. I have checked and other music players I have been using sort all songs without issues. Another problem is that with some files it processes the information in a wrong way. For example, it creates one album for every song in one album... so I have one album for any song in a given album. Or it doesen't get the album cover. Or the artist is unknown...

Does anybody have a clue what the problem might be?

Or another music player that would allow me to browse my library per artist, album, genre and song and letting me add single items to the playing list? (Complete playlists functionality is impossible I guess).

EDIT: I just tried the Xbox Music app... it looks like it sorts the songs right, but doesen't retreive the album covers. Plus I don't know if I can use it without a Xbox Music Pass (just got a trial for now.)

I really love the phone but I need to be able to have my music accesible, as this is the feature I use most of my If I don't find a solution i will probably have to sell my phone. :(

Thanks!

P.S.: Do you know if Microsoft is planning to allow full playlist funcionality?

P.S.2: Forgive me for my english, it's not my native language.

1. Check the tags of your songs ... and I suggest that you move only song files to your cp (tagged properly) ...
2. Use Xbox Music for easy playlists (you do not need to sign in, just click back arrow and continue, when it ask it) ...
3. Use MPAtool for album covers ...

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Use this software - mp3tag for desktop - to check the metadata for all your music. Put the artist and album names in the correct headers and you should be fine. I did it for all my music and I don't have any issues now.

jetkom

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your quick answers!

The tags are allright (I was using mp3tag). From what I have seen up to now, Xbox Music is recognising everything and it allows playlists, that is fine. I will check MPAtool for the covers. :) Could be a decent solution.

Ok. I checked MPAtool, it also has problems: only shows four albums when I have at least 50 on my phone. From those four it only gets an image for one and after assigning it, it won't show up in Xbox music. :confused: Guess I'll have to skip the cover art...

Now one last question, has Windows Phone some sort of size or duration limit for music files? I was trying to put a 2 hour radio debate on the phone and all media players say now that it's 29:32 long... (tried copying it with the explorer, with musicbee and with auto-sync from windows media player).

EDIT: This is really strange, I put another debate... and it also doesen?t get the full length, 45 minutes instead of 1:20, but at least it?s a little longer. Both files are mp3, similar size...

EDIT 2: Really, really strange... I went for a run with the long audio file and it turned out that it's played all it's lenght. When it hits the 29 minutes, it just keeps on and resets the elapsed time. Well, it?s not perfect, but ok. Do you know if it is possible to skip to a given minute? I usually take long debates/podcasts with me when i go for a run and if for example I'm done after 50 minutes, it?s quite anoying to hold down the advance button that long.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss