What's going on with Awesome Lock?

earlyadapter

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone had any problems with Awesome Lock in the past few days? I really love the lockscreen features particularly the news feed which is pre-set to Windows Phone Central, the weather Icons, stocks, and the battery. I have run into various issues where portions or right now the whole thing won't even show up. It says, "error downloading." Update: Error downloading has disappeared, but the other problems below still persist.

I've never seen this where everything just doesn't show up. Usually the news feed and battery doesn't show. The weather usually always shows, and the stocks sometimes disappear.

Now, a couple of things could be causing this:

The weather?? I have been walking around in 0-10* weather. This may be interfering with the internet speeds, but I am not sure because I've now been inside for the past hour and it still is not showing any news or stocks.
The App?? Could the awesome lock team be working on something that I am not aware of? Usually in cases like these, the ratings go way down in a couple of days and everyone says they are uninstalling because of broken software, but the last rating was 3/3 five stars and apparently working great for them
The Content Delivery?? Could the websites where I am getting the information be slow to load? How often does WPC update their RSS? Could WPC be working on something with the RSS which is why the news isn't always shown? Maybe some settings could be changed to show the news even if they are old stories?
Internet Speeds: It doesn't appear to have any substantial effect on the information downloading if I am wifi, 3G or 4G. I have a 20 MBPS connection at home from Comcast and it still has issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I paid for the app, so I hope for some type of feedback here.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone had any problems with Awesome Lock in the past few days? I really love the lockscreen features particularly the news feed which is pre-set to Windows Phone Central, the weather Icons, stocks, and the battery. I have run into various issues where portions or right now the whole thing won't even show up. It says, "error downloading." Update: Error downloading has disappeared, but the other problems below still persist.

I've never seen this where everything just doesn't show up. Usually the news feed and battery doesn't show. The weather usually always shows, and the stocks sometimes disappear.

Now, a couple of things could be causing this:

The weather?? I have been walking around in 0-10* weather. This may be interfering with the internet speeds, but I am not sure because I've now been inside for the past hour and it still is not showing any news or stocks.
The App?? Could the awesome lock team be working on something that I am not aware of? Usually in cases like these, the ratings go way down in a couple of days and everyone says they are uninstalling because of broken software, but the last rating was 3/3 five stars and apparently working great for them
The Content Delivery?? Could the websites where I am getting the information be slow to load? How often does WPC update their RSS? Could WPC be working on something with the RSS which is why the news isn't always shown? Maybe some settings could be changed to show the news even if they are old stories?
Internet Speeds: It doesn't appear to have any substantial effect on the information downloading if I am wifi, 3G or 4G. I have a 20 MBPS connection at home from Comcast and it still has issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I paid for the app, so I hope for some type of feedback here.

I get this as well; sometimes the weather will show up and nothing else...I find that if I go back into the app and click the checkbox at the bottom it will display everything again. I think it's just a software bug they haven't managed to fix yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos