Think about going from a 620 to a moto G

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Lumia Black is a different update and Windows Phone 8.1 is a different. Lumia Black is an OEM update. Were you delayed in getting the GDR3 preview? Simple as that

We are talking about OEM's update. That Android OEM's provide faster updates(Motorola) than WP OEM's.

Their is no comparison with developers preview. This is the only single thing I like about WP.

spyderzWPC

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
honestly I left droid phones because of how bad Motorola made their phones between locked boot loaders, massive forced bloatware that I couldn't remove, and how badly tested and late their updates.

even after rooting the phone I still had tons of issues. My wife had one that kept crashing because of an update it took as few to figure out but the phone ran hotter after the update so we couldn't use the case anymore. Took the case off never crashed.

I love WP8 I would stick with them, WP8 supports more updates then droid.

but if you have to switch go nexus, it is a clean pure android os.

Motorola is AWFUL

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes, i had the Moto Atrix... oh what a disappoint. Good specs and only got support until Gingerbread, no ICS. Even with custom roms, the Atrix never worked to 100% and it feels like broken. So i never look back to Motorola.

I thought since Moto was under Google support, maybe the phones will get a decent amount of updates. Now that Motorola is part of Lenovo, i doubt will be more cheap phones like the Moto G and fast updates.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
you can't really compare WP and Android directly IMO because of the sheer variety in Android.

The Nexus and GPe flagships get their updates, while other phones may not. Samsung has to update their TouchWiz before pushing, etc. The 2012 flagship HTC One X, X+ no longer will see updates from cash strapped HTC while the Lumia 920 which was also the 2012 flagship model is still going strong.
Carriers are another roadblock for normal users, my assumption would be that some devices have higher priority over others. (also considering T-Mo EOL'ed the 810)

Number of updates can't be directly correlated too. Desktop Windows has so much more updates pushed while new features aren't exactly popping up like daisies. (simplified I know)

The freedoms granted to many Androids mean that community support can continue to a degree after it officially ends. I had an old 2.2/2.3 HTC Aria which I flashed with a CM9, 10 ROM. (Which was very recent at the time.)
Currently we cannot cook a Lumia Black ROM for the 810.

I had more, but i'll throw it out here later

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
you can't really compare WP and Android directly IMO because of the sheer variety in Android.

The Nexus and GPe flagships get their updates, while other phones may not. Samsung has to update their TouchWiz before pushing, etc. The 2012 flagship HTC One X, X+ no longer will see updates from cash strapped HTC while the Lumia 920 which was also the 2012 flagship model is still going strong.
Carriers are another roadblock for normal users, my assumption would be that some devices have higher priority over others. (also considering T-Mo EOL'ed the 810)

Number of updates can't be directly correlated too. Desktop Windows has so much more updates pushed while new features aren't exactly popping up like daisies. (simplified I know)

The freedoms granted to many Androids mean that community support can continue to a degree after it officially ends. I had an old 2.2/2.3 HTC Aria which I flashed with a CM9, 10 ROM. (Which was very recent at the time.)
Currently we cannot cook a Lumia Black ROM for the 810.

I had more, but i'll throw it out here later
Dude, we are only comparing the 620 & Moto G. Not windows phone and android.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I've actually owned a Moto G, not just read a spec sheet. I've also owned the AIO L620. Let's just say the only really good thing about the Moto is the display. It is very nice. The camera is a joke, about as bad as my Dell Venue Pro (that's as bad as it gets). The usable storage is only a hair above 4GB on the 8GB model and tethering can only be accomplished by hacking the crap out of it.

I can't tell you what to buy, but I can offer real-world observations. I suggest you do the same and actually play with one.

lumesco

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I am new to this site. I have a Lumia 620 since March 2013. My has never update. I had reset it two weeks ago at Nokia Care at my Kenya. Yes, I get nitification of update but if I start updating it gives error code.
Phone memory space is more than 3Gb, I use wifi connection,m so I don't where the problem comes.
So my never been updated starting from Amber, Black.....

When updating it shows this, 'The update couldn't be downloaded. (801882d2)
The Firmware revision number: 3046.0000.1329.2001

Please help, I'm so confused , stranded!!!!!!!!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Have you searched that code online? Sounds like a stupid question but you do have Windows Live ID right?

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Please move to another thread! There are some rules in forums...!!!

If you don't like the battery in 620, you could get the battery from the 520 which has 14300mAh or even better the 1600 from mugenpower

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I am new to this site. I have a Lumia 620 since March 2013. My has never update. I had reset it two weeks ago at Nokia Care at my Kenya. Yes, I get nitification of update but if I start updating it gives error code.
Phone memory space is more than 3Gb, I use wifi connection,m so I don't where the problem comes.
So my never been updated starting from Amber, Black.....

When updating it shows this, 'The update couldn't be downloaded. (801882d2)
The Firmware revision number: 3046.0000.1329.2001

Please help, I'm so confused , stranded!!!!!!!!
go to wifi>advanced then keep wifi on when screen times out. Also make sure your date and time is right.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes