Who expecting to see a SONY WP8.1 device?

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi All

I'm expecting to see SONY release a WP8.1 device like some have reported this could be mid year perhaps announcement at build with other OEM's?

What do you think?

Cheewii Poon

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
With Sony selling off it's PC business and hence cutting ties with anything Windows related, the likelihood of there being a Windows Phone Sony device is lower than ever. Also, BUILD is a developer conference that only talks about software, so there will not be any hardware or new devices there. Also, no leaks have surfaced thus far about any other Sony devices, so while I would also love to have a Sony Windows Phone, it just doesn't seem possible.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I still think it very possible and since they sold there PC Division they can now focus on the mobile market. It very easy to put windows phone onto a device with snapdragon with little effort. They have been rumoured to have prototypes and have shown them to MS themselves and even with MS taking over Nokia there still having talks. There also an incentive for them to make a device even if it just one which is suppose to be $600 million. There hasn't been an leaks of these devices but it doesn't mean there not making a device.

And Sony CEO Kazuo Hirai said: "In the mobile arena, we decided that it is essential now to concentrate on smartphones and tablets," Hirai said.

And added "Microsoft has various OSes, including mobile. So, as Sony, we will consider new product development going forward."

I think this is a bold statement coming from the CEO and must have plans about windows phone.

Here a link to the quote and another for an article which I think is very good about this:

Quote:

Is Sony disowning Microsoft and Windows? Not quite, says CEO | Business Tech - CNET News

Article:

Sony Is Interested in Windows Phone, Windows RT Operating Systems - X-bit labs

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Me me me!

I hope Microsony is in the works.
Sony stuff is always so cool, yet for some reason they go by the wayside with tech.
Maybe great tech engineering has nothing to do with implanted perceptions :unhappy:

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Me me me!

I hope Microsony is in the works.
Sony stuff is always so cool, yet for some reason they go by the wayside with tech.
Maybe great tech engineering has nothing to do with implanted perceptions :unhappy:

I'm truly hoping there is and it will be announced and possibly released in April pushing May.

I hope anyway and will keep on hoping!

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Now that I think of it, Sony has spun off their VAIO division, most likely signifying a move away from Windows.

Thus, there is a chance that Sony will go the Acer route: Wait and see if WP takes off.

Now, take note that while not impossible, Microsoft may have to take heavy hits to have Sony onboard.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
However, should Sony get onboard, mark my words: They are going to be the symbolic successor to Nokia. Why, you ask?

They're technically a renowned OEM, they seem like the type of people who you would concede to in order to have them create WP devices, and they're onboard with the Qi standard. Yes, you heard that last statement right.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Now that I think of it, Sony has spun off their VAIO division, most likely signifying a move away from Windows.

Thus, there is a chance that Sony will go the Acer route: Wait and see if WP takes off.

Now, take note that while not impossible, Microsoft may have to take heavy hits to have Sony onboard.

I think MS would take the heavy hit and since I read about MS separating Xbox music and video from the OS and making them into an app instead that indicates to me that there going to allow SONY (and other OEM's) to have more control and enable them to have there own preinstalled apps such as SONY Music Unlimited and Sony Video Unlimited.

As well as the leak PlayStation App allegedly for WP8.1 I found on the web (which I have included a link to a thread I created), it seems to point toward MS will go that mile extra to have SONY on board which I can see huge benefits specially in Europe and Asia where SONY is very popular and will burst further sales of WP.

And make one SONY fan very, very, very happy!!!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/showthread/270055.htm

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I would go further and say that MS would even pay alot of money to have a SONY on board from a leak it said about $600 million which I could see being about right possibly more could be less for all I know but MS have got the money to tempt OEM's to produce even one WP device.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb