What happened to the official f1 app for WP8?

Chris Wayne2

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Last year I wrote an email to the f1.com support guys

-I wrote this:
"Hi, i was wondering if you guys are ever going to release an app for windows phone OS since it is now officially the third biggest mobile OS, greetings from Mexico!

Enviado desde mi Windows Phone"-.

Then the next day I've got this on my inbox:

"Dear Christian,

No ETA. Technically Windows Phone is a bigger challenge for us that
any of the other platforms due to a lack of standard APIs.

Best regards,

Alex

Remember you can always reach us quickly - just tweet us on twitter
with @f1timingapp or find us on our Facebook Page"-.

So I was kinda disappointed but soon after (like 2 months later) I've got a mysterious email from the f1 team:

"Dear Christian,

Please find the Windows Phone 8 version of the app here:

Timing '13 CP | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)

Best regards,

Alex"-.

...And that was when all my excitement went to the toilet, went to check the link on my 920 and I just couldn't believe the price tag!, it was insane!, the app was around $300 pesos (around $27 dollars) and trust me I have no problems paying for games and apps with good quality but (And IDK if any of you reading agrees) going beyond $10 dollars for an app is way too much for me. Not saying that the app does not worth it but think about it as what it is: software, I don't know how hard is to develop for WP but I don't think a timing app (timing is free via f1.com) is worth more than mmm lets say Skyrim on steam... Just saying. Plus the app was released back in july 2013 with the then current f1 season at half.

I haven't seen any f1 2014 app announced or something (and the first race of the season was yesterday) but if any of you guys know about it please reply to this LONG boring post. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven