Office Lens now available

frankelweeze

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Works great. But from OneNote or the app, how do you turn a scan into a PDF or any other file?
I tried to forward a scanned document and it sent as a one note document?

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
From OneNote mobile it's not possible (yet). But you can open it in OneNote online or on your desktop (which is also free since yesterday) and export it from there to a PDF.

frankelweeze

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I wish we didn't have to save it to OneNote. I mean, you don't have to save it, but still.

Onenote 2013 client app on my laptop is a clunker. Slowest app in the Office suite because it's always syncing and getting the sync wrong.
I don't know who does the research for Microsoft but they constantly miss the mark. The office lens app scanning part is brilliant and on par with Camscanner for the lens part....
But the implementation horribly misses the mark (as usual). Onenote is obviously in transtion as a product and needs to be further redeveloped or reinvented to share and export correctly.

Seriously, scan the document, upload to Onenote in the cloud, then go to your desktop/laptop and open Onenote client app, wait for it to sync, and then export a pdf to email to someone?? All that just to get an PDF to send is ridiculous.
It's unacceptable because there are competing products out there, ie. Handyscan, where you can scan, create a PDF, categorize the scan and send right from your device.

Again, in fairness the app's scanning functionality is beautiful, but forcing us to jam it into Onenote, a product I don't even care to use, is pathetic. Why not use..... ONEDRIVE??? Or choice of format in Onedrive? OMG what a novel idea. ;)

Shawn Magm

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying it out. I already have Camscanner, which works well and saves as a PDF format. There was a promotion a while back to get a free upgrade to Pro for a year with increased storage of 10 GB.

leong123

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I am also trying it out.Also I got my mobile lens from one2buy from malaysia.They are providing the all mobile on wholesale in malaysia.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro