Candy Crush Saga

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
While I usually agree, King can screw off for all I care. On top of ignoring the multiple messages I've sent to them, they also tried to pull that trademark bull****.

Truth be told, if this clone does well, that may finally give King the incentive to finally support the damn platform.

Yeah, stealing another's hard work is a great motivator. I wonder if stealing cars would help make cars free. Hmmmm

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, stealing another's hard work is a great motivator. I wonder if stealing cars would help make cars free. Hmmmm

They aren't really giving people much a choice. If they cared that much, they would have ported the game themselves already.

Your analogy doesn't really fit here because it isn't about making anything free, it's about just making it available in the first place.

Using your car analogy as an example, a more fitting scenario would be that cars are the only way to get food but all of the cars are controlled by an evil company that refuses to allow a specific population of people use these cars. Do you think it's fair if this company won't let these people use the cars to get food?

Edit:

Just to clarify, 99% of the time I am all in favor of the creators/developers. It's for this reason that I buy all of my games new and not used, I want to make sure the developers get some money. However when it comes to King, now is the 1% of the time that I don't care to defend or support a company that tries to abuse the success they don't deserve in the first place. Almost every one of their games is a copy of another game.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
They aren't really giving people much a choice. If they cared that much, they would have ported the game themselves already.

Your analogy doesn't really fit here because it isn't about making anything free, it's about just making it available in the first place.

Using your car analogy as an example, a more fitting scenario would be that cars are the only way to get food but all of the cars are controlled by an evil company that refuses to allow a specific population of people use these cars. Do you think it's fair if this company won't let these people use the cars to get food?

Edit:

Just to clarify, 99% of the time I am all in favor of the creators/developers. It's for this reason that I buy all of my games new and not used, I want to make sure the developers get some money. However when it comes to King, now is the 1% of the time that I don't care to defend or support a company that tries to abuse the success they don't deserve in the first place. Almost every one of their games is a copy of another game.

Not trying to put too fine a point on this but a financial investment when into creating, developing, marketing and maintaining Candy Crush Saga. None of which impacted your wallet. This is theft. Not just the product but the product name. BTW, if you want do theft of product, android is where you want to be.

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Never mind what people think of King and their (lack of) support for our platform, this still is theft. This is not what we should stand for, this is not what we should be supporting or encouraging. I have reported it for exactly what it is: theft of intellectual property.

EDIT: And for what it's worth, I tried it and I still don't see what the fuzz is about. It's just bejeweled....

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I never denied it was theft and I never said I want to "do theft of product". Looking at the app now, I do agree they shouldn't have used the exact same name. Still, I have a hard time being bothered by it considering the company involved. Besides, change the name, alter the UI slightly, and this wouldn't be much different than any other 3rd party app.

Last edited:

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
bejeweled...exactly!
Never mind what people think of King and their (lack of) support for our platform, this still is theft. This is not what we should stand for, this is not what we should be supporting or encouraging. I have reported it for exactly what it is: theft of intellectual property.

EDIT: And for what it's worth, I tried it and I still don't see what the fuzz is about. It's just bejeweled....

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I never denied it was theft and I never said I want to "do theft of product". Looking at the app now, I do agree they shouldn't have used the exact same name. Still, I have a hard time being bothered by it considering the company involved. Besides, change the name, alter the UI slightly, and this wouldn't be much different than any other 3rd party app.
1. The fact that they copied the whole appearance of candy crush makes it clear to me that they intentionally infringed copyright and trademark to "impersonate" King. And while they could have opted for a different name and not copying Kings game they didn't so the potential "they could have not done that" is moot.

2. That point of view sounds to me like "theft is wrong. Unless it effects someone I don't care/like. Then I don't care and please go ahead"

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk Beta

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
basically, King must have a copyright over Candy Crush Saga for android or ios. they may not have it for WP. ( a possibility)
anyway, if we r talking about stealing and theft, i personally feel, King itself is giving a clone itself of Bejeweled. he is taking the concept, changing the expressions to Sweet and Candy (suiting to his game name) and delivered.
if somebody else is also doing the same, then where is the problem?
still the basic question remains, if some developer can do it, what the hell King's Team is doing (when they have a complete set of code and designs are ready with them, while the single developer has to re-work and go reverse for the same) ? if they r not delivering it purposefully, then the developer who has delivered is not wrong in getting it done.

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
basically, King must have a copyright over Candy Crush Saga for android or ios. they may not have it for WP. ( a possibility)
anyway, if we r talking about stealing and theft, i personally feel, King itself is giving a clone itself of Bejeweled. he is taking the concept, changing the expressions to Sweet and Candy (suiting to his game name) and delivered.
if somebody else is also doing the same, then where is the problem?
still the basic question remains, if some developer can do it, what the hell King's Team is doing (when they have a complete set of code and designs are ready with them, while the single developer has to re-work and go reverse for the same) ? if they r not delivering it purposefully, then the developer who has delivered is not wrong in getting it done.

Apples and Oranges. While King simply copied the gameplay aspect from bejeweled (match three), they did create their own brand, graphics and game. It's merely a "me too" game/app.

What this chinese company did is different. It's not the identical gameplay that makes this outrageous but the fact that they blatanly copied the resources (i.e. images, graphics) and even have the audacity to steal the name, which King has trademarked.

Technically King would have to file a complaint to accord to the DMCA, but I find it worrying that such a blatant effort on infringing copyright and trademark made it through the "oh-so-superior" certification process of the MS Marketplace which is often hyped by fanboys.

Regarding the issue of King not releasing CCS for Windows Phone:

1. Go play bejeweled or any other match 3 game. Same basic gameplay, different name and different graphics.

2. King is a company. It is their decission to release the game for our platform or not. They do not owe us anything, people should stop acting so entitled. It's harsh, but that's how the free world works. We, nor MS nor anyone als can and should force king to make their game for us. If they don't, they have their reasons. Even if that reason is "we hate you".

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Apples and Oranges. While King simply copied the gameplay aspect from bejeweled (match three), they did create their own brand, graphics and game. It's merely a "me too" game/app.

What this chinese company did is different. It's not the identical gameplay that makes this outrageous but the fact that they blatanly copied the resources (i.e. images, graphics) and even have the audacity to steal the name, which King has trademarked.

Technically King would have to file a complaint to accord to the DMCA, but I find it worrying that such a blatant effort on infringing copyright and trademark made it through the "oh-so-superior" certification process of the MS Marketplace which is often hyped by fanboys.

Regarding the issue of King not releasing CCS for Windows Phone:

1. Go play bejeweled or any other match 3 game. Same basic gameplay, different name and different graphics.

2. King is a company. It is their decission to release the game for our platform or not. They do not owe us anything, people should stop acting so entitled. It's harsh, but that's how the free world works. We, nor MS nor anyone als can and should force king to make their game for us. If they don't, they have their reasons. Even if that reason is "we hate you".
u r really mistaking.
its not just about King or someone specific.
same things happened with Subway Surfers.
some guy also patched the game and release for lower end devices, which is working fine.
not only that, he is updating and matching it with current releases.
i just dont like the idea that, these companies are doing it purposefully, and certainly not the purpose as u said "we hate you".
just go away if u r so much worried about intellectual rights. u r not living in this world.

if u have time and wanna see what happens in the world, just search google for patent infringments, u won't be able to sleep for months not days while reading the news.
just check out the fight between Samsung n Apple. once it was decided that Samsung made mistakes, they went into fight with apple in every other country. why?
whether Intellectual property differs in next country? they just wanted to fight, and prolong the decisions so that they would be able to make business in that period also.

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
its not just about King or someone specific.
same things happened with Subway Surfers.
some guy also patched the game and release for lower end devices, which is working fine.
not only that, he is updating and matching it with current releases.
i just dont like the idea that, these companies are doing it purposefully, and certainly not the purpose as u said "we hate you".
just go away if u r so much worried about intellectual rights. u r not living in this world.

I accept your point of view that you welcome an environment that makes it easy to pirate, disregards a publishers/developers rights and freedom of choice as well as companies/people should bow to your decision to be entitled to something ("I deserve this game because I am!") creating a platform and ecosystem that discourages developers from the get go. Well done.

I just wont share it, that is all.

supadryz

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Ok yet another clone game on the windows phone, the market place is clogged up of clones ie. Flappy bird. But my question is how do people get away with ripping of other games & making them look identical? surely there must be some copyright in force?

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
1. The fact that they copied the whole appearance of candy crush makes it clear to me that they intentionally infringed copyright and trademark to "impersonate" King. And while they could have opted for a different name and not copying Kings game they didn't so the potential "they could have not done that" is moot.

2. That point of view sounds to me like "theft is wrong. Unless it effects someone I don't care/like. Then I don't care and please go ahead"

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk Beta

1. I understand what they did, I don't think you're understanding my point correctly. I wasn't trying to defend what they infringed on, I just said if they changed a few graphical things and the name, no one would have an issue.

2. There are plenty of people or companies I don't like and still would not agree to this kind of action happening to them. My point is that they were basically asking for this to happen by completely ignoring an entire vocal userbase. So am I shocked this happened? No. Do I support things like this happening? No, but I'm also not bothered by it considering the situation. It is possible to not be bothered by things and at the same time not support it either, just FYI.

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Its time for a 'verified' sign put up near the app/game. And also a filter to see only verified games.

If this continues as it is, developers will antagonize Microsoft for allowing copyrighted materials go berserk in the store, and taking potential 'download clicks' away from them even if they didn't plan on releasing it on WP. (King for example)

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
1. I understand what they did, I don't think you're understanding my point correctly. I wasn't trying to defend what they infringed on, I just said if they changed a few graphical things and the name, no one would have an issue.

I do understand your point. They *could* have changed the graphics and no one *would* have cared about it. Because then it *would have been* just another "me-too" app which I really have no problem with. But fact of the matter is: they didn't. So why are we discussing hypotheticals here? This situation has a bigger side-effect than King just loosing out on potential download clicks, this can shed a severely bad light on the windows phone store. Here's my question: if Microsoft has the - often quoted in this forum - most effective marketplace policies to keep out mal- and spyware by (allegedly) checking each individual app submission in person, how can a gaffe as big as this, subway surfers, Week View 8 and other apps happen? These cases make the marketplace and its approvement policies seem... diletantic.

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I do understand your point. They *could* have changed the graphics and no one *would* have cared about it. Because then it *would have been* just another "me-too" app which I really have no problem with. But fact of the matter is: they didn't. So why are we discussing hypotheticals here? This situation has a bigger side-effect than King just loosing out on potential download clicks, this can shed a severely bad light on the windows phone store. Here's my question: if Microsoft has the - often quoted in this forum - most effective marketplace policies to keep out mal- and spyware by (allegedly) checking each individual app submission in person, how can a gaffe as big as this, subway surfers, Week View 8 and other apps happen? These cases make the marketplace and its approvement policies seem... diletantic.

You seem like you're just trying to take issue with everything surrounding this. I was only expressing what small steps they could have taken to avoid this controversy. I'm not stupid, I'm aware of they they intended on doing.

I'm also not one of the fanboys that praises MS' cert process, so I don't understand why you're posing this question to me. I think you need to chill out instead of acting like I just kicked your dog for not being bothered by this rip off app.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I accept your point of view that you welcome an environment that makes it easy to pirate, disregards a publishers/developers rights and freedom of choice as well as companies/people should bow to your decision to be entitled to something ("I deserve this game because I am!") creating a platform and ecosystem that discourages developers from the get go. Well done.

I just wont share it, that is all.

i really appreciate ur concern and u r really misunderstood my point.
i am not at all encouraging piracy nor i want it. my point is its the mistake by the developers to take a long time without any reason.
it's really frustrating that when they can do it, and they are not doing it. that means they are doing it purposefully.
when they are having their own agenda (which is wrong as a user point of view), any common user will complain about it and will accept these apps available from others. thats how market should be. perfect competition. u give it or otherwise someone else will. and u will win by ur talent, not by the copyrights and ur attitude. (u means the original developers) think about it.
for example, MS Office. when other platforms were launched like Linux, other office suits came out, some of them are even free. it doesn't mean MSFT have to complain. they were slower to launch. but now, still MS Office gains because of the superiority.
its but obvious that common users deserve everything. if things are not available, he shall go to somewhere else. And i won't like that, people are going away just because some developers are purposefully holding back, and definitely not for such an awesome platform of WP.

Sumi 7

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
When i downloading it then an error occurs that "ur sftwr needed to upgrade or the app is not available in your country" I am having Lumia black update ,and phn Lumia 520,I live in India....
Can anyone help me plsss.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss