App is no longer published

Mopad10

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I just upgraded from a nokia lumia 822 to a Nokia Lumia Icon. When all the apps restore, Plex did not want to download. I kept getting the error "App is no longer published".

Looking in my purchase history on windowsphone.com, it says the same thing.
Screen Shot 2014-03-21 at 7.17.31 PM.png

Going into the store and searching for plex brings the up the app with the option to purchase again.

Do I need to purchase the app again? How do I know that this won't happen again? Is this a way for app makers to make people buy their app again if someone resets their phone or upgrades?

bono1979

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
It will say buy even if u all ready paid for it click on the buy link and then it should pop up saying u already own this app and then it will let u install it without paying for it again

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
There were TWO Different versions of the program. A paid version and a separate free version that appeared in late 2013. The FREE version which your first post shows in the picture has been discontinued. The app in your second picture is the paid version. When you asked if this is how app makers make people pay twice, that didn't have anything to do with the topic, right? Unless you actually paid something for the free version that is now gone.

Mopad10

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Here is the paypal receipt of purchasing plex.

Capture.JPG

It was not free, I paid 4.99 + tax.

Now I can't download it again on my new phone because its no longer published.

I paid for something that was not free and is now gone, but somehow published in the store again under a different identity.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

View attachment 60445

I paid for something that was not free and is now gone, but somehow published in the store again under a different identity.

Have you contacted Microsoft about this problem?

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I just upgraded from a nokia lumia 822 to a Nokia Lumia Icon. When all the apps restore, Plex did not want to download. I kept getting the error "App is no longer published".

Looking in my purchase history on windowsphone.com, it says the same thing.
View attachment 60182

View attachment 60445

Again, the app you show as being purchased by you in your first post is the discontinued FREE version of the program. Note the different icon.

That receipt is NOT for that app. If the app in the receipt is NOT in your app history list, that is the real problem.

Mopad10

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The app that was discontinued was not free, as you can see in my screen shots that I did paid for it.

The receipt is for the app that was discontinued, note the date purchase.

The app is in my app history but its shown as the app is no longer published.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
The app that was discontinued was not free, as you can see in my screen shots that I did paid for it.

The receipt is for the app that was discontinued, note the date purchase.

The app is in my app history but its shown as the app is no longer published.
The first screen shot does NOT show you paid for anything. It said you "purchased" it. All apps, including free ones say you purchased them. You just purchase free apps for zero.

You are one hard person to try to help. Its harder for you to get a problem fixed if you are distracted by falsehoods. For a 3rd time, the app in the picture in your first post is the now discontinued FREE version of the app. Nobody paid anything for that app. The paid version is a different program and has a different icon as shown in your second post.

The free version icon was the name in text. The paid one was an arrow, greater than, sideways V or what ever you want to call it. A different app. The receipt you showed was for the paid app, but a receipt doesn't show what phone it was bought for. So it was either bought for another phone OR there is something about the purchase that is screwed up in your purchase history which is something only Microsoft can help you with.

Are you aware that an app will still show a BUY button in the store even if you already own it? But if you click on it, you won't be charged if the app was already purchased.

Did you go thru your entire purchase history to see if the OTHER not free PLEX, the one with the arrow icon, is also in your history? You could have had BOTH you know.

I think you owe the author an apology for implying he is trying to make people pay twice when its either a rare MS glitch or you not understanding the situation.

JasonKruys

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
The first screen shot does NOT show you paid for anything. It said you "purchased" it. All apps, including free ones say you purchased them. You just purchase free apps for zero.

You are one hard person to try to help. Its harder for you to get a problem fixed if you are distracted by falsehoods. For a 3rd time, the app in the picture in your first post is the now discontinued FREE version of the app. Nobody paid anything for that app. The paid version is a different program and has a different icon as shown in your second post.

The free version icon was the name in text. The paid one was an arrow, greater than, sideways V or what ever you want to call it. A different app. The receipt you showed was for the paid app, but a receipt doesn't show what phone it was bought for. So it was either bought for another phone OR there is something about the purchase that is screwed up in your purchase history which is something only Microsoft can help you with.

Are you aware that an app will still show a BUY button in the store even if you already own it? But if you click on it, you won't be charged if the app was already purchased.

Did you go thru your entire purchase history to see if the OTHER not free PLEX, the one with the arrow icon, is also in your history? You could have had BOTH you know.

I think you owe the author an apology for implying he is trying to make people pay twice when its either a rare MS glitch or you not understanding the situation.

Actually, it is you that is mistaken - don't be so hard on the guy. He has knows what he did, and has shown you the evidence. Read below for the facts:

The WP7 (original) version of the app was $4.99 originally - I assume it is this version the OP purchased. When the new WP8 version was released, it was a free Nokia exclusive for a short time, hence the two versions co-existing. When the WP8 (new) version became available to all, the WP7 version was unpublished. The new WP8 version was priced at $4.99 initially, but for a short while the Plex guys made it free for everyone so that those that had already purchased the previous version, could obtain Plex without paying again. This has now lapsed, and is back to it's standard price. Because YOU seem such hard work, I will link you to a thread which might help you to believe the poor chap - see below. If you still don't want to accept the facts, browse the rest of the Plex forum (both WP7 and WP8 forums):

https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/topic/90081-windows-phone-8-app-free/

Unfortunately, this does not help the OP. I would suggest the only two options are:

1. Purchase the new version
2. Reach out to the Plex devs and see if they can help you out.

Mopad10

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Enough said - https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/topic/103020-charged-for-wp8-14-app-and-for-wp8-16-app/

Thanks JasonKruys and gully3100 for actually helping me out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077