Get OneNote to sync with PC?

6029KingStephen

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I have been using OneNote as my note-taking app since I got my 1020.

I just installed it on my PC this week, and here's my question:
- On my phone, I had my notes in "Steve's Notebook"
- On my PC I now have notes in "Steve's Notebook" and synced to Onedrive
- I chose "Sync" on my phone, and now on the phone I have this:
Los Pacaminos and Derbyshire 093.png
The top one is my phone notes, the bottom one is my notebook from the PC. However, on my PC, I cannot see any of the notes that I created on my phone, the notebook is not there.

Am I misunderstanding something? What do I need to do to make my phone notebook sync to the PC, so that all my notes are in both locations - and preferably the two folders are combined into one?

Thanks in advance for any help.

user928

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Am I misunderstanding something? What do I need to do to make my phone notebook sync to the PC, so that all my notes are in both locations - and preferably the two folders are combined into one?

Here is my understanding of how the OneNote Phone app works (don't have app on PC, just access it via OneDrive). The top notebook is local to your phone. You cannot make your phone notebook sync to the PC (OneDrive). The only solution I see is to copy & paste your phone notebook pagess to your OneDrive notebook.

6029KingStephen

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Ah ok, I think I see. OneNote for the phone only creates a local notebook, which can't be synced anywhere. So if I want content replicated in both places, I should make new notes in the notebook created on the PC, which will sync through OneDrive.
That's a bit annoying given I'll have to move the existing notes, but I can live with it once I've done that. :straight:

Thanks for the replies!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans