why I am considering Android

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
correction - not claiming malware , its called experience, i have experienced malware on android and so have the others, we arent generalizing , we just posted how unhappy we were with that platform and its malware and why we switched to WP :)
see the previous pages especially 3rd page

I can see just fine, does not make your claim any truer though.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

bayanii

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
In the "old days" we were told to physically disconnect from the internet to lessen the risk of viruses or malware. We can do it with cell phones too but then our email would be late and God forbid, no Facebook notifications.

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums

Awesome. 28.8 baby. Lol. Sorry off topic, but tthat deserves a bit of love.

bayanii

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I can see just fine, does not make your claim any truer though.

I think what he is saying is that apps don't go through proper inspections or testing's. Not to say they dont and I understand that there are 100's of 1000's of apps that computers scan for malicious activities.

An application like an anti virus is not like a flappy bird or a calendar app. Its a pretty serious app to approve of by the company. Especially if its providing security to your OS. Its seems odd that they would just let it pass by the gates so easily. A Trojan horse not for the OS but for their consumers pockets.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I think what he is saying is that apps don't go through proper inspections or testing's. Not to say they dont and I understand that there are 100's of 1000's of apps that computers scan for malicious activities.

An application like an anti virus is not like a flappy bird or a calendar app. Its a pretty serious app to approve of by the company. Especially if its providing security to your OS. Its seems odd that they would just let it pass by the gates so easily. A Trojan horse not for the OS but for their consumers pockets.

finally someone who gets what my point is!! thanks for your explanation !! :))

it wasnt even some free app, people actually paid $8 or something for it plus it got ratings of 4.7/5 it shows how apps are accepted into the play store and this justifies why microsoft and apple have so many api restrictions and tons of rules for their respective app stores

bayanii

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site

it wasnt even some free app, people actually paid $8 or something for it plus it got ratings of 4.7/5 it shows how apps are accepted into the play store and this justifies why microsoft and apple have so many api restrictions and tons of rules for their respective app stores

:)

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

I still would not let this example entertain the idea, its malware ridden. This is a super rare case.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

It also is the bane of many app developers because an app can be tested for a long time before being published on the App Store. If I remember Android Central was turned down before on the App Store. I'm not saying opening it up is better but a secure, automatic system that can do would be a more proper solution.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I still would not let this example entertain the idea, its malware ridden. This is a super rare case.

its obvious now that after so much proof and how we have encountered malware that android indeed does have issues with its app store and malware
its not personal, we posted our experience as well

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
It also is the bane of many app developers because an app can be tested for a long time before being published on the App Store. If I remember Android Central was turned down before on the App Store. I'm not saying opening it up is better but a secure, automatic system that can do would be a more proper solution.

this does make sense
but atleast its still secure and we dont have to worry about scams and malware all the time before installing an app
btw just curious - which wp do u have?

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
its obvious now that after so much proof and how we have encountered malware that android indeed does have issues with its app store and malware
its not personal, we posted our experience as well

It has issues but its not a malware problem if a small number of users experience it. That's like saying Windows on desktop has a virus problem even though a very small number of users actually experience it.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
this does make sense
but atleast its still secure and we dont have to worry about scams and malware all the time before installing an app
btw just curious - which wp do u have?

Android you don't have to sorry about malware or scams. This is the first time I ever heard of such a scam on the Play Store.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Android you don't have to sorry about malware or scams. This is the first time I ever heard of such a scam on the Play Store.

This is the first time you've heard of malware on Android? Have you been on a desert island with a volleyball for the last 5 years?

vormison

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I recently purchased an HTC One Mini. I am already thinking of selling it if you are interested, haha.

Putting it simply. Yes, the app gap DOES suck. No matter what anyone says. I am not even an app junkie but with the WP you are essentially trading a few features and an abundance of apps for an extremely streamlined OS. Simply put, the Android OS just absolutely sucks. I am sorry, that's just my opinion. I find the OS to be so horrible that I don't even like using the phone. All Android hardware seems to be cheap, yes, even this HTC. I could go on and on and provide details as to why I think this but after using this thing for a couple months I am simply amazed at what MS was able to accomplish with WP.

You will love the apps, you will feel detached, and you will miss the WP OS. Again, just my opinion but I pretty much think there is no app out there worth giving up on WP.

bayanii

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site

I understand your point of it being rare. Its not malware that I was referring to, its the quality control of the app store.

An antivirus would be another level of protection for a user.

If an app store is providing anti virus apps, it leads me to believe that the app store isn't completely malware free.

If people are downloading it, then that is another suggestion to my point.

I wasn't bashing on their system. Its just bothers me that a very significant app would be ignored. Malware can be defined as a program hidden in a unsuspecting layer. It did not contain any virus, but the idea remains.

Created an anti virus (harmless trojan), then took peoples money. Although I hear he's not collecting any of it.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I understand your point of it being rare. Its not malware that I was referring to, its the quality control of the app store.

An antivirus would be another level of protection for a user.

If an app store is providing anti virus apps, it leads me to believe that the app store isn't completely malware free.

If people are downloading it, then that is another suggestion to my point.

I wasn't bashing on their system. Its just bothers me that a very significant app would be ignored. Malware can be defined as a program hidden in a unsuspecting layer. It did not contain any virus, but the idea remains.

Created an anti virus (harmless trojan), then took peoples money. Although I hear he's not collecting any of it.

The app store is just the host and not the creator of the anti virus apps. Its mainly for downloading stuff from the browser, because downloading third party app stores and pirating apps is risky business. I also think that app has fake reviews, there is no way in the world an app that does nothing for $4 gets a 4.7 star rating average. Fake reviews have happened before on the BBM, and Flappy Birds app.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Scams and malware are two different things.

You did mention both. I automatically assumed you were aware of scam apps. I assumed incorrectly and you know what happens when you assume, or am I assuming again?

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
The app store is just the host and not the creator of the anti virus apps. Its mainly for downloading stuff from the browser, because downloading third party app stores and pirating apps is risky business. I also think that app has fake reviews, there is no way in the world an app that does nothing for $4 gets a 4.7 star rating average. Fake reviews have happened before on the BBM, and Flappy Birds app.

whatever, when someone buys say a phone they expect atleast the "host" to provide them with updates or to give them quality apps
the point is that when they oversee tonns of scam and malware apps, it shows the quality the company has,as for android having more apps keep in mind that for every android app there are 100s of fake apps on the app store with the same name and similiar author names

how could they oversee BBM in the first place its one of the most anticipated releases and they managed to allow 100s of BBM fakes on the play store
it really shows an interesting insight on how malware and scams work
id blame the consumers for downloading the app in the first place but when such an app becomes the top rated paid app, i wouldnt blame them at all,infact if i were google id offer them compensation and assistance incase their phone is affected by malware/scams
ive noticed samsungs service centre personally telling me that the issues i faced with my phone were due to malware and id have to pay them to reflash it, even under warranty,im happier with windows phone and nokia, nokia service centres are more helpful and understanding than most android device service centres

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
whatever, when someone buys say a phone they expect atleast the "host" to provide them with updates or to give them quality apps
the point is that when they oversee tonns of scam and malware apps, it shows the quality the company has,as for android having more apps keep in mind that for every android app there are 100s of fake apps on the app store with the same name and similiar author names

how could they oversee BBM in the first place its one of the most anticipated releases and they managed to allow 100s of BBM fakes on the play store
it really shows an interesting insight on how malware and scams work
id blame the consumers for downloading the app in the first place but when such an app becomes the top rated paid app, i wouldnt blame them at all,infact if i were google id offer them compensation and assistance incase their phone is affected by malware/scams
ive noticed samsungs service centre personally telling me that the issues i faced with my phone were due to malware and id have to pay them to reflash it, even under warranty,im happier with windows phone and nokia, nokia service centres are more helpful and understanding than most android device service centres

The host provides updates and quality apps. If you remember Apples App store had 2048, and flappy bird clones just like all other app stores did including Windows Store.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
The host provides updates and quality apps. If you remember Apples App store had 2048, and flappy bird clones just like all other app stores did including Windows Store.

lol right but play store ones had malware and the devs of such apps were playing with your personal data

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb