Chrome for WP

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Assuming Microsoft finally ditched their requirement for browsers to have Trident as their rendering engine, I still won't use it as a primary browser, though I'd use it to work with sites that are apparently WebKit-only smh.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Definitely no! MS has proved again and again that IE is superior. Well, regarding battery life, security and speed.

Can't recall the articles but they are out there. The most recent was some hackathon of browsers. From what I've read IE lost pretty quick, but then MS turned on some function for security and for the rest of that hackathon IE was unhackable.

I do like Googles extensions and their sync across devices. Hope that comes in WP 8.1.

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Assuming Microsoft finally ditched their requirement for browsers to have Trident as their rendering engine, I still won't use it as a primary browser, though I'd use it to work with sites that are apparently WebKit-only smh.

This is not 100% accurate. Even iOS does not allow you to create a browser, only skin Safari, but they still have Chrome. I think it would be great to have Chrome on the device. We really can't be picky here. While most people will use IE, many will want to use Chrome. I know from personal experience I had a coworker that wanted to leave android but didn't because of chrome (not the only reason, but apps in general). It would hurt no one to have Chrome on the app list. You don't need to install it but I would love google to support all of their services on WP to help make the transition to WP easier for others. Not to mention, we may finally get a working youtube app. Yes you can tell me "metrotube" or whatever other 3rd party app is better, but we here are the minority (well.. are we? with the low market share and all... ) but most mainstream consumers aren't looking for 3rd party apps, no matter how good they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium