Nokia hints a Smartwatch at more event.

Brad Lambert

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
The fact is that there is goldfinger, a device, which kinda sounds like an accessory, has no buttons, will be revealed at build.... All coincidence?

I am on your boat, Goldfinger is a wearable. There is no way that Android Wear was developed without Microsoft or Nokia's knowledge. The new Microsoft needs to be on the edge of innovation, not lagging behind like the old Microsoft. Clock = Watch Can't think of any other meaning to the hint...

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
it will be very funny if they said well we made you a clock app, or an alarm app, unless its something out of the world.

If WP gets an alarm app that I could set for 2 hours later and still make it to work on time, I'd be all over it! That would indeed be "something out of the world."

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Just realised that my Nokia 100 has the same clock icon in the clock app :p

ImageUploadedByWPCentral Forums1395853764.910951.jpg

EDIT: The NOKIA X has the same clock app icon and the same globe icon for the browser app.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
More android then? What is going on.

btw I went online and searched the old Symbian web browser to check, it didn't look the same.....

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
More android then? What is going on.

btw I went online and searched the old Symbian web browser to check, it didn't look the same.....

The event is called "moreLumia" so no, I'm sure it's not more Android. Those are just NOKIA's icons, they can use them across all their platforms. The globe is probably just pointing for new online features coming, considering that I don't think NOKIA will introduce a new browser.

dcuk7

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Surely the likely thing is that the next firmware from Nokia will enable support for an existing smart watch? Maybe native Pebble support for all Lumia devices running the Blue firmware.

fc000

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Surely the likely thing is that the next firmware from Nokia will enable support for an existing smart watch? Maybe native Pebble support for all Lumia devices running the Blue firmware.

One can only hope. I'm using a Nexus 5 at the moment until we get an update that'll allow Smartwatches like the Pebble to work fully with Windows Phone. After having had a Pebble for three months, I can't go back to not having notifications on my watch, it really is an awesome convenience.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Smartwatch will flop. They're absolutely useless, too expensive and looks awful. It's just bad. Hope Microsoft and Nokia don't waste their unlimited money cheat with this. Just my opinion.

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Smartwatch will flop. They're absolutely useless, too expensive and looks awful. It's just bad. Hope Microsoft and Nokia don't waste their unlimited money cheat with this. Just my opinion.
it might flop in whatever demographic you are in, but I'd welcome a well done smartwatch. I would buy it if it did the fitness stuff that a fitbit does. I'd also like it to connect to me phone via Bluetooth, so I could see alarms, texts, sports scores, weather updates and other bits of timely info at a glance without pulling my phone out of my bag or pocket.

Just bbecause YOU wouldn't use it, doesn't make it "useless".

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
it might flop in whatever demographic you are in, but I'd welcome a well done smartwatch. I would buy it if it did the fitness stuff that a fitbit does. I'd also like it to connect to me phone via Bluetooth, so I could see alarms, texts, sports scores, weather updates and other bits of timely info at a glance without pulling my phone out of my bag or pocket.

Just bbecause YOU wouldn't use it, doesn't make it "useless".

They're absolutely useless (...) my opinion

It's not a painful thing pick our phones to do things like that. It's just useless like smartgoggles. My opinion again.

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
It's not a painful thing pick our phones to do things like that. It's just useless like smartgoggles. My opinion again.

that is your opinion, but again useful for some, so not "useless". Useless is a boat with a giant hole in the bottom.

It's not that hard to do a lot of things. I *could* still carry a paper planner and pocket camera, but I don't. When I'm running, FitBit functionality would be great as would not having to grab my phone for a notification or to see a timer. There are loads of great uses for a device extension on the wrist.

darth_furious

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I emailed elop about implementing a glance type feature for a smartwatch. It would turn on when watch is facing up or when vertical and off at other orientations. It would be gyroscope/accelerometer based instead of proximity based. I hope he incorporates the idea in a watch tomorrow!

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss