Messenger for facebook Battery drain

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
-6tag,whatsapp,viber,Facebook beta.

-Brand new lumia 925.

Brand New Lumia 925 um this is very normal then , if your phone is new 1-2 weeks old then battery will take certain charges to show you some surprising battery results , my Lumia 920 took 3 weeks to calibrate the new battery :)

zsolo1111

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Oh sorry, I mean one month "New". I did some test with Viber and Whatsapp, and my battery life was normal. Seriously the Facebook Messenger drains my battery faster than Asphalt 8, it's hilarious.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Oh sorry, I mean one month "New". I did some test with Viber and Whatsapp, and my battery life was normal. Seriously the Facebook Messenger drains my battery faster than Asphalt 8, it's hilarious.

:( no problem here on my Lumia 920 , it may be because I don't use Facebook much , hopefully Facebook team will address these issues , I am trying to contact them today via email for this issue :)

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 925 - use this messenger awfully too much, more than I used to use Whatsapp - no battery drain at all. I find this much better for battery than Whatsapp. If it comes with black background, even better!

xankazo

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I have no battery problem with Facebook Messenger. But I have disabled all sounds and notifications within the app (when the app is open). Now, the Facebook app, that's a real battery burner. The sad thing is that it seems to drain the battery even when not being used so much. Since Messenger came out, I uninstalled Facebook and saw a nice battery improvement.

zsolo1111

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I did a hard reset, we'll see...

Still same...

I saw some comments in the store with the same issues, in my country.

Last edited by a moderator:

yunchikan

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
my Lumia 1020 also drain so much from using facebook messenger... only when i have it open. my phone heats up like crazy.
whatsapp/line already drains my battery when I have it open. but facebook messenger is theeeee worst..
I think the problem got even worse too after installing the wp8.1 preview but I didn't do a hard reset.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Had the same issue after upgrading to 8.1, Facebook Messenger drained battery so fast... Performed a hard reset and its okay now. Try reinstalling the app if it doesn't help make a phone backup and perform a hard reset.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss