Running Apps with Distance-Based Intervals?

valeriolucciola

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Currently I have the Runtastic Pro app which allows me to setup customized running plans with intervals. In other words, jog 5 minutes, walk 2 minutes, sprint 2 minutes, etc. However, since my phone has a GPS and Runtastic even goes so far as to map my route, I was wondering if I could setup intervals based on distance rather than time. So instead of the 5 min, 2 min, 2 min etc. setup, how about jog 1/2 mile, walk 1/4 mile, sprint 1/2 mile etc. I wasn't able to figure anything out.

I was wondering if you folks knew of any running app that would allow you to setup running plans based on distance traveled rather than time elapsed?

Thanks

valeriolucciola

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I really like Bing Health and Fitness. Definitely one of my favorite apps. I've been using it to keep track of my eating habits since it came to windows phone. However, it does not have timed intervals much less distance-based intervals. Likewise, the workout plans lack the sort of timed walkthrough and automatic recording I think would make this a killer app. I really look forward to the next big update for this app but for now it lacks what I'm looking for. Any other ideas?

valeriolucciola

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Fyi, Runtastic does this now. In the intervals you can specify either time or distance as your interval criteria and you can even mix it up--walk 5min then run a mile etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon