Nokia Monarch

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I am afraid Monarch gonna be Lumia 630, and the flagship will go to AT&T.
They already have the 1520 and now Verizon has the Icon or 929. There's no reason to believe another low end budget phone is coming to T-Mobile. Remember the Lumia 925 was the first device to launch with the Amber software already installed. I'm expecting the same to be true with the Monarch.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
They already have the 1520 and now Verizon has the Icon or 929. There's no reason to believe another low end budget phone is coming to T-Mobile. Remember the Lumia 925 was the first device to launch with the Amber software already installed. I'm expecting the same to be true with the Monarch.

The thing is, this time there is a LUMIA 930 coming. I can't imagine they releasing a LUMIA 930 along an equally good variant. A variant should take longer to come, it always does. And I believe that the 930 will be more than a variant of the ICON. It's going to be the true 920 successor and that must be coming to AT&T.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
This is freaking depressing if it turns out to be true! I will most assuredly leave Windows Phone for the Z2, which will be available probably months before whatever is announced hits the shelves anyway, if this really happens. How can T-Mobile be so stupid? I'm tired of getting the hand-me-downs when it comes to Windows Phone. ATT got the HTC Titan. T-Mobile got the Radar(and let me go on record saying I absolutely enjoyed that device except for the very restricted 8gb of storage) ATT also got the Samsung Focus and Focus2. ATT got the Nokia Lumia 900. T-Mobile got the 710. ATT got the 920 and the 1020. T-Mobile got a beautiful but flawed(16gb) 925. And of course we get the awesome 521(sarcasm!) I guess my real issue is with T-Mobile's WP selections and the affect that Nokia's exclusive relationship with ATT has had on Windows Phone as a whole. We're fighting for market share and fighting amongst each other within our ecosystem. I love my carrier but I hate the selections available for consumers like me. I'm done ranting now.:) Happy Friday folks.

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Those dudes are so wrong.
The 630 is moneypenny, not monarch.

Yes, Moneypenny is a 630. No reason the Monarch couldn't be a 63x variant. It could very well be a 630 without LTE, single sim, and a few other features added/missing. Remember, the Icon and Martini should essentially be the same phone, but they don't share names. So, once again. Let's not put too much stock in a name. TMO's history with Nokia is never getting a flagship at launch. If this has indeed changed, I might consider it since it would mean TMO is quite serious about getting the latest and greatest.

theroyboy44

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I usually get Androids due to specs but I prefer the Windows OS. However, lack of a current high-end T-Mobile tailored Windows Phone left me with the Nexus 5. However if the Monarch is in fact a high end device it would be a really compelling offer. I usually actually use a Windows OS styled home screen over my phones because I prefer the moving tiles and whatnot.

I don't understand because the Lumia has been voted by WP Central as the best Windows Phone and its on T-Mo so idk what you mean by lack of high end, I do agree I'd rather have a 1020 but what made you forgo the 925 and get a Nexus?

theroyboy44

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
If it is a 930 variant... I'll go for an unlocked international 930. I don't trust TMO to support the device before the year ends. They've screwed me over with the 810, and I'm not sure I'm in the mood to play this game again. I have my doubts over the flagship aspect as well.

Even though they have been supporting the 925..!! Don't get me wrong I'm not a huge fan of T-Mo when it comes to WP but they are supporting better and the 810 was a sh*try phone plus it was ugly as sin, as much as I hate android ai would have gotten an android over the 810 any day!! Shoulda just got the 8X at least that you could the developer preview

theroyboy44

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
It's probably a 630 variant as an upgrade to the 520. I think it was just leaked in china at $150. Looks like a reasonable replacement to the 520.

I'm pretty sure they have already said the 630 is going to the big 3 that being Verizon, TMo, and AT&T but I could be mistaken, but I also don't think their codenamed that they would name something Monarch then make it an entry level phone...

theroyboy44

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes, Moneypenny is a 630. No reason the Monarch couldn't be a 63x variant. It could very well be a 630 without LTE, single sim, and a few other features added/missing. Remember, the Icon and Martini should essentially be the same phone, but they don't share names. So, once again. Let's not put too much stock in a name. TMO's history with Nokia is never getting a flagship at launch. If this has indeed changed, I might consider it since it would mean TMO is quite serious about getting the latest and greatest.
I don't understand how you guys don't remember that there was a time when the TMo was the ONLY one with the 925 in the US! So for you to think that this would be TMo first great phone ur just down right silly! I'm not gonna fool myself and think its gonna be the best one in the US I'm sure that will still go to AT&T (hopefully we'll somehow both get the best) but I really can't see T-Mo going from 925 to just a 630.i think they get the 630 and whatever high end the Monarch will be.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05