Indoor solar charger?

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
There's a company that has a case with an integrated solar panel. What's neat about their product is that it will charge from indoor lighting. It's not speedy, but prob enough to trickle charge to keep up with the phone's ambient discharge rate. The company is called Enerplex. EnerPlex

The problem is that they don't make a case for ANY WP devices. I asked them and they said they didn't have any plans to make one either. My question is, does anyone know anyone that makes cases for a Nokia 928 that CAN charge under indoor lighting? Thanks.

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
There's a company that has a case with an integrated solar panel. What's neat about their product is that it will charge from indoor lighting. It's not speedy, but prob enough to trickle charge to keep up with the phone's ambient discharge rate. The company is called Enerplex. EnerPlex

The problem is that they don't make a case for ANY WP devices. I asked them and they said they didn't have any plans to make one either. My question is, does anyone know anyone that makes cases for a Nokia 928 that CAN charge under indoor lighting? Thanks.

I highly doubt it, 928 is not very common, it's available for one carrier in one country, it'd be a waste of money trying to develop such a case. This is a downside of getting a phone that doesn't sell out in seconds - lack of accessories. Your best bet is to get an external solar charger and connect it with a wire, or get the iPhone or Galaxy (since most accessories are made for those phones). You can still browse around ebay, but I doubt you'll find anything. Also unless you have super strong light inside, you won't get much charge from it, sometimes the light inside is barely enough to keep the calculator running.
Lux - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia you can see here how much more powerful the sun is then inside. Even if you have super bright room, it will only be a fraction of what full daylight can provide, and you'll spend much more money on electricity providing such lightning then you'd save by charging your phone trough solar cells.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. That's what I was thinking but figured I'd ask.

I have a wireless charger for my desk at work, home and in my car. I can wireless charge in those locations, but it would be nice to trickle charge simply by leaving it anywhere there is a light source. Oh well. Thanks for the reply.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans