SONY Windows Phone 8.1 devices suggested July release tweeted by Tom Warren

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: SONY Windows Phone 8.1 devices suggested June release tweeted by Tom Warren

Hope we hear something near the end of May.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

This definitely needs to come true!

#JuneforSonyWP

Hope we hear something near the end of May.

Dude, I am cracking up right now. This is a 125 post thread. The title mentions a SONY WP8.1 by June. Your signature says SONY WP8.1 by June.

Warren's tweet says JULY! And this is the first mention of it. :grincry:

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Dude, I am cracking up right now. This is a 125 post thread. The title mentions a SONY WP8.1 by June. Your signature says SONY WP8.1 by June.

Warren's tweet says JULY! And this is the first mention of it. :grincry:

That a massive whoops by myself I can't believe it for July that so long!

I now got to change the title of this thread and my signature. :(

And I was looking forward to June. :'(

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

June, July...August...if they come at all, that's all I care.
I just want SONY to spit out a Z2 compact with WP on it (or a Z1 Compact without the darn anti-shatter film in them).

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

June, July...August...if they come at all, that's all I care.
I just want SONY to spit out a Z2 compact with WP on it (or a Z1 Compact without the darn anti-shatter film in them).

July pushing it for me since I need to upgrade my 710 (starting to have some serious issues) so I do hope to see a SONY device in June.

Jose_Rey

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
SONY WP is fine and dandy. I would absolutely LOVE for them to make an MP3 Player based on WP though. I would be the first in line for one of those. On the phone side, I seem to gravitate more towards Sammy these days and the ATIV SE variation for AT&T would probably be my next phone. But SONY would most definitely be my Second Pick.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I get a feeling that a leak will show for a SONY WP8.1 device!

Since LG device got leaked and the other one from Prestigo.

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I hope so, but I have to admit that LG phone looks very classy somehow. It sort of reminds me of my old Xperia Z - loved that thing except the flap on the head jacket.

Let's see what Sony brings. And I hope they continue the 'mini' trend - that goes for both LG *and* Sony - 5" is nice but I wouldn't mind seeing something around the 4.3 - 4.5" marker

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I hope so, but I have to admit that LG phone looks very classy somehow. It sort of reminds me of my old Xperia Z - loved that thing except the flap on the head jacket.

Let's see what Sony brings. And I hope they continue the 'mini' trend - that goes for both LG *and* Sony - 5" is nice but I wouldn't mind seeing something around the 4.3 - 4.5" marker

Yes that LG Uni8 looks great reminds me of the Xperia Z design but different, I hope made out of aluminium not plastic!

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
To be fair, that speaks more about the quality of Sony's assistance in the US than about the phones themselves. Though it's bad publicity, admitedly.
Unfortunately, I've heard similar things about Nokia's Care assistance over here. So I think it depends on the idi...the representative that you deal with.

I've never ever had a single complaint about Nokia's assistance. And to be honest I never had to use Sony's assistance on anything since the Sony TV I have is 20 years old and still going strong (admittedly my LCDs are from LG), a Sony Stereo I have is 17 years old and still going strong, and none of my PlayStations ever gave me any problem. The only assistance I had a less than good experience with was with Microsoft, actually, because I always have to send the things to the Netherlands as Microsoft doesn't have any sort of technical assistance in this country.

Sony's poor assistance in the US may also be connected to the fact that Sony isn't that concerned about the US martket I'd guess? I highly doubt they'd be as popular as they are in Europe if their assistance was like that here.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I brought my Xperia V to the Sony botique to replace the USB cover which won't close anymore, and it annoyed me like hell. The sles guy gave me the complete information of the Sony service center so I thanked him and I began to step out when he called my attention again and handed me another note with complete address for "3rd party service" and said "they're faster."

I chose the 3rd party service, got my Xperia case refreshed too and I was happy.

:D

eruptflail

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
The only reason I'm hoping Sony makes a WP is for the Japan market. I'm moving there and the only thing I hate about it is that I'm going to lose my WP device.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb