How do I convince someone that the Windows Phone is superior? (Surrounded by iphones and androids)

J Ice70

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
At work I had a few people ask me about my phone. One guy was just curious if I liked it and if I felt it was a good device. Then another guy chimed in and started saying Windows Phone 'doesn't work'. I asked him what didn't work several times and he had no real answer. I handed my phone to him and asked him to show me what doesn't work, and he just said he tried to use his mothers WP and didn't like it.

Some people are just comfortable staying only with what they know. Keep enjoying your phone.

Markham Ranja

Banned
Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Don't. Don't even try, and don't care about it. I've been in similar situations and its just simple to ignore them if they are consistently talking **** about windows phones. They're only doing it because they don't own your phone, its this very simple mentality of "I have this phone therefore its the best because I have it and everyone else is a moron". I laugh at these people, they talk about things with so much authority when they haven't even tried anything else but android/iphone. Let them be ignorant if they want to be.

That's exactly the same mentality you have. I got WP so it's the best - without regard for the fact that perhaps iPhone or Android users need something different from their phones. My L920 collects dust and will continue to remain unused until it gets a decent SSH app and a better keyboard (specifically one with arrow keys). That's something I need for my job. So I can't use WP even though I like the UI and the hardware.

So all of you - shut up and stop judging. If people prefer something other than WP, that's their right to do so.

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
The fact that it isn't superior, it even lacks features at some spots

WP8.1 will get it on par with iOS and Android, but won't make it superior in anyway, it all will become even and the biggest difference is UI, you either love it or hate it
With Windows 8 people will probably be forced to love WP8 UI aswell

And if they like android let them use it, you don't have to be a part of the band. Learn to be different and always have your own mindset and opinion.

Cheers, Jaska

AngrySprintUser

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Instantly, when I got my Windows Phone 8, I got negative rep from my friends. One even compared it to a "bag of milk" (I don't get it either) and a useless brick that has lost all hope of becoming a good smart phone. They say it sucks and it lacks the amazing features off the iphone and android. Also, they say it's a total copy and the new 8.1 update is nothing good. How do counter their points? How do I tell them that there is some good in a Windows Phone that is worth trying and loving? :straight:

You don't. You got the phone because you like it, not because you wanted to impress your friends. Each OS suites different people. Neither are better in my mind. I know many people that would not like WP, much like I hated iOS for being too simple and boring, but a lot of people like that. Enjoy your phone.

AngrySprintUser

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Care not what these naysayers spew forth!

I would just worry about me knowing I was the Maverick who made the choice that works for me.
This very subject has been hashed out on one or two other threads.

Be the mature one and enjoy the Windows Phone for it's merits without calling anyone different out as subhuman as your "friends" have done to you.

You remember how you were observing that these types of threads have been popping up recently? I think I'm just going to start taking count when they pop up. I'm just going to reply with a number to each.

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Be a hipster for once and tell them that both platforms are so mainstream, unless your friends are already hipsters then be that normal person and tell them that both platforms are so mainstream.

Ankit Nawlakha

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Am i the only one who find those persons a big fools who keep on saying that Windows Phone is useless.. Windows Phone lacks app.. Windows Phone lacks basic features??
I am sure am not the only one here! They all look to me a FOOLS!

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Am i the only one who find those persons a big fools who keep on saying that Windows Phone is useless.. Windows Phone lacks app.. Windows Phone lacks basic features??
It doesn't lack apps for most of people, but it lacks features for sure, WP8.1 as i said earlier will bring it even

Markham Ranja

Banned
Jan 21, 2014
Visit site

Mate, the only fool here is you, looks like.

I explained that WP is useless FOR ME. NOT to you or to anyone else. Until it gets a keyboard with arrow keys and an SSH app., it is useless

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
8.1 definitely can. But we also need more OEMS to heed the call. My best friend loves the idea of WP8.1 but he refuses to get near a Nokia device because its so thick and boxy. Same argument goes for some other people I know. And Samsung ain't gonna cut it. I wouldn't mind seeing HTC stepping up in the game again, I really loved my HTC 8X but the battery was just laughable. Maybe I should hold out for Sony, though. I wouldn't mind a water resistant phone at all...

So yeah, 8.1 and some extra oems will definitely win over some stubborn friends of mine. And if this beauty would be importable, well...
Metal-clad NEO M1 to come out of China with Windows Phone 8.1?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Instantly, when I got my Windows Phone 8, I got negative rep from my friends. One even compared it to a "bag of milk" (I don't get it either) and a useless brick that has lost all hope of becoming a good smart phone. They say it sucks and it lacks the amazing features off the iphone and android. Also, they say it's a total copy and the new 8.1 update is nothing good. How do counter their points? How do I tell them that there is some good in a Windows Phone that is worth trying and loving? :straight:
I would just say unless you tried it for yourself already, why are you judging?let them try it first and if they don't like it then just say it suits you. Btw you have some mean friends.

bono30

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't say any OS is superior. They all have their pro's and con's and it just depends on which system best suits the person. I came from Android and I see the benefit from both. People that are not tech savvy I tell them to get Apple due to the ease of use. I would just try to convince them that the WP OS is not as bad as people think and is actually worth while to look at.

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
If your friends are so boring that they care about what smart phone you have, try to expand their minds by talking about classic literature or philosophy. And through away your mobile and insist they contact you by post. See how they like that!

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't lack apps for most of people, but it lacks features for sure, WP8.1 as i said earlier will bring it even

I don't know about even... We can call it even when WP gains the ability to attach more than just pictures to an email from within the email app, and other similar little features that we are still missing. The feature I mentioned here specifically is a MAJOR oversight considering MS aims to take the business segment off of BlackBerry's hands for them.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
dude, i am so tired of hearing that crap. there are plenty of apps, and windows phone can do so much more than IOS and Android.

I'm sorry but, I have to reply to this one and Windows Phone still cant win on this.

It's still an issue with Windows Phone BUT, it is getting a lot better. The Problem is most devs make their apps for iOS and Android before they even think about Windows Phone. Take for example, games, Cut the Rope (yea, we got one or 2 but, not the new ones), Candy Crush, any MANY other big titles that are on iOS/Android. We still dont have Apps from big companies like Dish Network, Directv, a hand full of banks (depending on what banks you use) and the biggest one for people is the local apps. These are from your local TV and radio stations, local but biger busineses and again banks.

Then you have the quaitly of the applications. A lot of applications in the marketplace were just put there to have a app, never updated. In most cases, the iOS and Android versions are updated faster and with more features before they even look at Windows Phone.

My wife wanted a new iPhone (going back about 3-4 months ago), I forced her to try a Lumia 928 and told her she HAS to live with this for 10 days (14 day return). She DID find apps for about 60% of the stuff she wanted (she likes the local TV/Radio apps for local news and weather, all were unavalble) the other apps, about 15 of them, she showed me one by one the iPhone version and the Windows Phone version. The Windows Phone versions had less than 1/2 the features and most cases they were done by a 3rd party and 1/2 done. The iPhone version blew them away for features and general usage.

So, Windows Phone, no quetion is getting there but, When users say there is a problem with apps, No question this issue is NOT resolved yet.

The biggest problem is that we on the most part, have about 3.5-4% market share (at least in the US), the devs wont come unless we sell the phones and in a lot of cases, they wont buy a phone because of the apps, a catch 22 type thing....

So, it all depends on the user and what apps they need, If they are a social nut for the most cause, the FB and twitter apps are good but, when you get into other areas, you need to really look over them...

Sad to say, this is one issue I would like fixed, then I would not have an issue with Windows Phone, as 8.1 seem like it's going to fix all the other issues I have with it...and I love my Windows Phone device, no question...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720