How do I convince someone that the Windows Phone is superior? (Surrounded by iphones and androids)

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
That post does not answer why they made an Android Phone.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Ahh, sorry.... Reading comprehension error, was in a hurry.

Sadly, I wish I knew. The case of the Nokia X line continues to baffle and bother me. Seems absurd to try and somehow get people hooked to Microsoft that way. How they think that'll work is beyond me.

Really disappointing, as I feel the resources would've been better devoted towards perfecting the Lumia 5XX line, as well as other low end Windows Phones. But alas, they went for this quirky and puzzling device instead.

anon(8412718)

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I have long since given up trying to convince people what's a good mobile OS/device and what's not.
I'll leave that to the fanbois, they tend to be the only ones who get as concerned as they do about who should be using what and why their choice of device and OS is better than another!

Personally, I have used smartphones for a while. My first device was a stylus driven XDA II Mini with Windows Mobile on it. Just to be able to get an email on a mobile phone was amazing back then and NOTHING came close!
I switched to the iPhone 3 when that first came out as it really did blow me away - had never owned an Apple product before that apart from a really old school iPod Shuffle that I never bothered with much. The iPhone was a device to have - it was amazing what you could do with it. Many people I knew were still happy with their feature phones though, or their Symbian devices and couldn't see the point of an Apple phone.....(some of you might not be old enough to remember those days lol)
But then Android came out with the HTC G1 Dream running Donut (you want to talk about lag and whatever these days? You have nothing to complain about ha!)

Needless to say I had to have one after I saw a workmate with it. The physical keyboard was THE BEST....well IMO at the time it was...
I continued to flip between Android and iOS and my two most favourite devices over the years? The Motorola Milestone (the US called it the Droid) and my HTC HD2 running old Windows Phone.....(had one of the largest displays available when it came out!)

I recently bought my Mum a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini - she loves it! Why not iOS? Too many $$$ basically....nothing else, or why not WP? She wanted a small white (yeah white lol) device that just worked and she and her friends all have Android Samsung devices. So they have their own support network! (People 60+ I'm talking about here)
There is also the small fact we went to a few stores and tried them out (including WP) and she just preferred the Samsung.

What I'm getting at is, who cares what device you use or others do at the end of the day - it isn't really a life altering thing nor should it be treated that way. To be at the point where you fuss and bother over it and argue with people about it? It is a very handy device sure, and I would be lost without mine too, but you really need to get out more if a little smartphone and its OS keeps you up at night and arguing with your mates!

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 925

plot_almighty

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
If someone is trying to tell you that your phone of choice is wrong, my first impression is usually "who in the nine hells suddenly made you an expert on me?", followed by the thought "please don't continue this way, id hate to shoot you down for being so shallow and judging".

Instead of trying to say WP is superior, argue your reason for picking it (god forbid if your reason is as shallow as theirs) and leave zero interest or room for a tasteless debate. Other users before me are right: Why should you give anything more than a negative and rounded down brain fart about it? You do you guy.

Kazashimo

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Tell Cortana right in front of them..."remind me next time I talk to (friends name) to tell him how his phone can't remind him to do what in doing right now."

No really, just show off all the exclusive features.

Christian Holmstedt

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't get it.

It's a reply to the first post. When someone starts babbling about what's best, just say that and go about with more important things in life. Really, buy whatever floats your boat. I'm not paid (surely not anyone else her either) is paid by MS to promote the product. Any of the current systems work well.

Dexter505

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I like my surface and windows 8 but there is nothing that anyone can say that will convince me that windows phone is better than android. There are just too many things lacking and it does not feel as snappy as android when using the Lumia 925

Sent from my Surface Pro 2 using Tapatalk

MaxyBley

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Ha I had something similar happen to me. About a month ago I was looking for a phone to buy and saw my brother's LG Optimus L9 and it was nice. I was going for that phone but then, saw the Lumia 521 and was pretty cheap I then looked up for tons of research, review and opinions. And got even more hyped.

Long story short, when I went to buy the phone the MetroPCS retail seller was like "I don't like this phone. It doesn't have flash and it doesn't even have WhatsApp." And she said some other foolish things. For me whataspp or flash ain't no deal breaker. I knew what I was getting into. I was just laughing inside of me a bit. Saying in my head "poor little fool." I picked the Lumia over the LG because of the amazing experience you get. In specs the L9 I better yet is slower lol. I wanted a phone that was fast or at least felt fast and Windows Phone has give me just that. ❤ I love to try out new things and just got bored of IOS (iPod 4) and Android (even though I haven't realm used much of it.) I'm a power user I can deal things like not having Facebook app and actually discovering similar app gems.

I have about one week with it (bought it on 21st). Also, the day I bought I got WP8.1 also loving it!! It, got not only to Android and IOS level but surpass them (i.e Cortana).

MaxyBley

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Forgot to mention that my brother who was also talking shot about my phone on the day that I was going to buy it. Just today said that he might get my phone (Lumia 521) for him to play around with. He's not going to activate it though. I was trying to show him cool things I do in here and how snappy as hell Windows Phone 8.1 is compared to his Android phone lol. Like me asking Cortana if I have work for tomorrow or when is someone's birthday (You do this by making an appointment in the calendar). I did stop trying to show off. I'm like well f*** it it's his lost anyways.

Kazashimo

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I like my surface and windows 8 but there is nothing that anyone can say that will convince me that windows phone is better than android. There are just too many things lacking and it does not feel as snappy as android when using the Lumia 925

You'll come to the dark side... Just you wait 😤

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

If u meant high end definitely I.agree you:thumbup::D

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

blueballet

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Every OS has its flaws and its merits. If your friends insist on being jerks like this, ask them what AMAZING features their phones have that make them so great. People love to say "Windows Phones can't do anything" or "Windows Phone have no apps," when they really don't know what they're talking about.

If all else fails, wait for 8.1 to be released, and then have Cortana call them assholes. lmao

dude, i am so tired of hearing that crap. there are plenty of apps, and windows phone can do so much more than IOS and Android.

I have a nice black heavy WPhone..... Usually I just politely ask them three things...

1) Can you use MS Excel on your phone??

2) Do you have offline maps?, and lastly

3) Can your camera do this??

View attachment 61924

or this ??

View attachment 61925

Love my Nokia 920 !!
I'm sorry to hear this either get new friends or ask the three things.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte