How is this new Icon for Clipr?

Gautam Kabiraj

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site

This one is better than the one in your first post! It maintains Metro style better.
Personally I feel icon shouldn't have many colors, the least, the better (like this one).
1) Take example of any popular app or site! Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Adobe, Amazon, WhatsApp etc. All are mono or tri colored, not more that that.
2) When creating an icon for WP, it can be noted that the users may use "Medium", "Icon" or "Large" tiles on his/her phone. If you're making a global icon, it shouldn't be much detailed or else it may not look good in "Icon" tile.
3) If possible, remove the shadows completely. Metro is about "content-over-chrome"! ;)

Hope that helps!

venu238

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Removed shadows as per given suggestions..
Here is list of icons with different colors, select one unique color which stands out in App Store!
Rest of the Icons will be transparent to support wp 8.1 home screen wall paper!
Store1.pngStore2.pngStore3.pngStore4.pngStore5.pngStore8.pngStore9.pngStore10.pngStore12.pngStore13.png

venu238

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
this one is cool!!!
but work on the apps ui!!
make it look more appealing. Take some inspiration from APPS like fhotoroom, toib, magnify beta!!
TRY SOME ELEMENTS FROM THESE APPS!!
Thank you,
At present i'm working on app UI, Later I have a list of things to do 1. add more filters, 2. border around the foreground picture(it can be the highlight feature in next update) 3. drop shadow, 4. add text.

If you have any better ideas please do post here :)

venu238

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
You know what? As I think of it, is it possible to make these choices selectable or is that a limitation?
Actually above icons are meant to be used for store icon, app icons will be transparent. The reason for making them transparent is to support wallpaper visibility behind the tiles in wp 8.1 :)
But I can include an option for users to select a color instead of transparent app icons, will think of it again.
Nice idea!

Gautam Kabiraj

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Removed shadows as per given suggestions..
Here is list of icons with different colors, select one unique color which stands out in App Store!
Rest of the Icons will be transparent to support wp 8.1 home screen wall paper!
View attachment 62030View attachment 62031View attachment 62032View attachment 62033View attachment 62034View attachment 62035View attachment 62036View attachment 62037View attachment 62038View attachment 62039

Just can't decide. I think all of them looks gorgeous. Select any bright color you want!
Yeah you can go for the pink one! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb