Latest Update Breaks The Sims Freeplay

richwolf

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
The latest update to EA's The Sims Freeplay causes the game to crash on the splash screen. Do not reinstall the app as you will lose all game data and it won't fix the problem. EA (Fire Monkey) is aware of the problem and claims to be working on it since last weeks' update. Many of our Sims are starving!! I'm using a Nokia 920.

Last edited:

Bizarro_Prime

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
The latest update to EA's The Sims Freeplay causes the game to crash on the splash screen. Do not reinstall the app as you will lose all game data and it won't fix the problem. EA (Fire Monkey) is aware of the problem and claims to be working on it since last weeks' update. Many of our Sims are starving!! I'm using a Nokia 920.

I updated when the update was released, got tired of waiting for a fix so I reinstalled.
I was level 32. Kinda p****d off about it but at least starting again has let me get the achievements that didn't pop before when they should have.

JC Mendiola

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Since we're on the topic...
have any of you guys ever had the pleasure of using the CLOUD SAVE feature?... because mine only worked TWICE...
and because of the buggyness of the game I had to restart my game for the 3rd time...

and also, the tasks of my sims never progress... I mean... like I'm constructing a house that takes about 30 minutes... and I close the game.... when I come back it becomes 35 minutes... SRYSLY... WTH @_@

Ellen Katinas

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm new; hope I'm doing this right. I'm at level 13 and want so much to get to ghost hunting , the beach, more babies and toddlers; very frustrating to contend with the many problems instead!

*All my sims are employed but I never get asked to send them to work anymore. Consequently they don't get paid.

*One or more of them freeze every few days at the end of an action. The timer shows 0 but the action doesn't stop.

A b*A baby Sim is currently downloading but according to the game won't arrive for another 388,400 hours approximately.

*My SimoLeon Sprout won't be ready to play for 388,400 hours.

I hope EA fixes this and soon.

anon(7817172)

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I just started playing it again, and what I noticed is that the game time is messed up. I backed up my save file to the Cloud on my Lumia 820, then downloaded the game to my Lumia 925. When I was at the point of restoring my save file, it says that my backup was 2,xxxx weeks ago.

Second issue is more annoying. Tasks don't progress when I close the app! I set my SIM to sleep for 7 hours before I went to bed last night. When I woke up today and checked my Sims, time didn't move an inch! They're still stuck at 7 hours! The game is set to ruin on the background, so I don't know what's the issue 😩 😭

Anyone aware of my second issue and a fix for it?

JC Mendiola

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Well... it's rather nice to know that I'm not the only one having this issue...
Have all you guys upgraded to WP8.1? It may be the issue... or maybe EA or Firemonkeys really needs to update the WP version of their game... I'm not having any feedback with them :(

anon(7817172)

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Well... it's rather nice to know that I'm not the only one having this issue...
Have all you guys upgraded to WP8.1? It may be the issue... or maybe EA or Firemonkeys really needs to update the WP version of their game... I'm not having any feedback with them :(
If you go and scroll down on the review section of the game in the Store, some of the negative comments related to the latest update were pre-8.1 (before 10 April). I guess it's just EA and/or Firemonkeys failing on their part.

JC Mendiola

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
If you go and scroll down on the review section of the game in the Store, some of the negative comments related to the latest update were pre-8.1 (before 10 April). I guess it's just EA and/or Firemonkeys failing on their part.
It is sad actually... such a great game and yet so little support from the developers :(...
I've been constantly checking for updates for the game at the store and to no avail... sad :(

zdentonz

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
The thing that sucks is its like time is out of sync. I was building the scientist lab or whatever and now post update it says I have 286,803 hours left to go and its not even progressing. I never messed with the time but I imagined it was the update. The sad thing is that once I updated to 8.1, it automatically update sims freeplay while I was playing without the update version. Bummer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99