6tag live tile

diaper84

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
well.
How do you get 6tag live tile to work?
I found a tweet from developer to "pin to start" within app, which i did, still no live tile.
background is turned on as well.

anyone else have similar issue?

Kimi Alin

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I do have the same issue after 8.1 update. I liked 6tag's livetile because it would show the latest post in that tile but now it's gone. It's not that big of an issue to me since now the tile is transparent and my background is visible through the tile and I like it that way. I just wonder why it's not working properly anymore :p

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I also was going to post about this, so thanks for bringing it up. I noticed a couple of days ago, that the live tile wasn't updating with the latest posts. So I tried unpinning and re-pinning and it didn't work. I'll keep an eye out on this thread, hopefully someone knows something ;)

Kimi Alin

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Mine's not even transparent. Hm I guess we'll just have to wait for the update.

Have you enabled live tile to use accent colour in its tile? That's available in 6tag's settings menu. If that setting is enabled, the tile should be transparent with your background.

F3rzz

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Have you enabled live tile to use accent colour in its tile? That's available in 6tag's settings menu. If that setting is enabled, the tile should be transparent with your background.

i did it and it didn't work, will try again tho.

my following feed doesn't work anymore, i tried pinning an user feed and it didn't work neither :/ i'm Sad.

BritCry.gif

diaper84

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

Transparency only works when you pin it from app list. If you pinned it from app settings, remove it and pin it from app list.

F3rzz

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Transparency only works when you pin it from app list. If you pinned it from app settings, remove it and pin it from app list.

THANK YOU!!! at least is not SkyBlue anymore :D

i really want my live tile back tho :C

i may even try instagram official app to see if it has one too.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
6tag tile seems to be working again. The official app doesn't seem to have a similar latest post tile, just a notifications counter.

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Noticed 2 days ago that the 6tag live tile has now lost its live functionality.. presuming an update is on the way. Was working fine, after the update previously- now not so much! Less of a drag with the transparency of 8,1 but still annoying !

Kimi Alin

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Noticed 2 days ago that the 6tag live tile has now lost its live functionality.. presuming an update is on the way. Was working fine, after the update previously- now not so much! Less of a drag with the transparency of 8,1 but still annoying !

Indeed, the tile is now completely transparent. I don't like it because I don't recognize 6tag at fast glance when trying to find it from my startscreen.

JasonKruys

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Indeed, the tile is now completely transparent. I don't like it because I don't recognize 6tag at fast glance when trying to find it from my startscreen.

So turn it off? Presumably you have' use my accent colour for live tile' ticked in the settings? In 8.1 if you have a background set, accent colour is transparent.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

JasonKruys

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I have it turned off yet it still is fully transparent without even 6tag logo.

Uninstall and reinstall? What version do you have? I have version 3.3.0.2, with that option ticked the tile is transparent, with it un-ticked the tile is light blue - both showing the 6 logo, so it looks like it is a problem with your install?

Kimi Alin

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Uninstall and reinstall? What version do you have? I have version 3.3.0.2, with that option ticked the tile is transparent, with it un-ticked the tile is light blue - both showing the 6 logo, so it looks like it is a problem with your install?

Hmm. Reinstalling worked.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99