Asphalt 8 performance drop on WP8.1

SRoshan143

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I have the game installed it in my L620 and it is working awesome, it is installed on SD Card and that too it is of class4 16GB.

Edit : It performs the same even on SD card as it was on the Phone memory. On top of that my SD card is almost full, with only around 400-500 MB free space remaining. :cool:

Last edited:

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I have the game installed it in my L620 and it is working awesome, it is installed on SD Card and that too it is of class4 16GB.

Edit : It performs the same even on SD card as it was on the Phone memory. On top of that my SD card is almost full, with only around 400-500 MB free space remaining. :cool:
You could buy some 64gb cards haha

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
After update still i face some lag issue but only in nevada map its strange as all other maps dont give me any lags.
And gameloft why did you change the menu screen the new menu screen looks dull.

Zeem Frostmaw

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
After update still i face some lag issue but only in nevada map its strange as all other maps dont give me any lags.
And gameloft why did you change the menu screen the new menu screen looks dull.

Better than the pointless clutter and advertising on the old menu, surely?

UwvKOck.jpg

Ahmad Barakji

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I just asked a dev about this.
He told me you have to wait for the Lumia Cyan update in June. The update will bring new 8.1 optimized drivers.
God... June?

GohanGautham

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Anyone updated to great wall here? Am not being able to purchase McLaren P1 or other cars exclusive to great wall! It says "Cars required to compete in this event is not for sale! Sorry for the inconvenience!" Did any of u get the same message??

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Updated to the latest version. Running perfectly fine in L820 with 8.1.
If you guys have any lag or performance issues, try disabling some of the background tasks / turn of WiFi / switch to airplane mode.

Last edited:

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Anyone updated to great wall here? Am not being able to purchase McLaren P1 or other cars exclusive to great wall! It says "Cars required to compete in this event is not for sale! Sorry for the inconvenience!" Did any of u get the same message??

McLaren p1 is not available in this update they are going to release it soon it can be seen from their description in windows store which says.
"New cars coming:Stay tuned as we'll regularly releasing new cars including the unique 2014 McLaren p1,along with iconic Ferrari testarossa,the powerful dodge challenger and the mighty 2014 Ford F-150!"

Ahmad Barakji

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Updated to the latest version. Running perfectly fine of L820 with 8.1.
If you guys have any lag or performance issues, try disabling some of the background tasks / turn of WiFi / switch to airplane mode.

Maybe the drivers for the 820 don't need updating because of the older chipset?

Zeem Frostmaw

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site

Its probably because of the lower screen resolution. Same reason San Andreas works better on the 820 than the 920.

Really though, the game is playable on the 920, just suffering from occasional performance drops. Since Asphalt isn't the only game to do this since 8.1 though, I'm hoping its something related to 8.1 that Cyan can fix. Of course, an official update from Gameloft can't hurt either!

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

Its probably because of the lower screen resolution. Same reason San Andreas works better on the 820 than the 920.

Really though, the game is playable on the 920, just suffering from occasional performance drops. Since Asphalt isn't the only game to do this since 8.1 though, I'm hoping its something related to 8.1 that Cyan can fix. Of course, an official update from Gameloft can't hurt either!

820 has the same chipset as 920 and even 1020, (and many others) but only needs to render the game @480p while others need to render them @720p.
And for devices like 520, 620 & 525 with lower processor speed, (1ghz) the game disables some texture effects for performance.

So it will be very helpfull to all users if GL let us disable/enable effects manually.

LuckyyY22

May 18, 2014
Visit site
I updated my asphalt8 today, and it is veryyyyyy slow. I did not update my phone softwer, or anything else, just the game, and it dont't work good. I tried to restart my phone, but it doesn't help. What to do bat not to lose the previos missions finished?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss