Plants vs Zombies republished? Can no longer download. No refund.

evilrobot

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I recently installed the 8.1 preview (not sure if this is related or not, but probably not) and then decided to download some of my other games. When I went to get Plants VS Zombies, I noticed that it was asking me to pay again so I opened a case with xbox support to figure out why. They tried to give me a refund for it so I could repurchase it after they found it in my purchase history but the system wouldn't let them. They said they would escalate it to their engineers to get the refund and this morning I got this email from them:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello (redacted)

This is Pepe from Microsoft Support.

I am contacting you regarding your escalated case.

Microsoft engineers have provided me the following info about the game issue:

"No refund for this issue. The app was republished. The developer has updated it launching a new content for that game.
Additionally the app was purchased 3 years ago which goes any resonable time frame."

It seems that due to this situation we could not refund you the game.

If you want to tell use something about, please reply to this email.

Kind regards,

Pepe BM.
Microsoft Support.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is anyone else experiencing this with Plants vs Zombies or any other games? This does not seem right to me. I paid for this game so I should either get a refund or the ability to download it. I don't see how me downloading it 3 years ago should have any sort of impact on my ownership.

evilrobot

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm... I bought PvZ the day it came out. Not having this issue. It recognized me as having owned it.
Thank you for confirming that! I thought I had downloaded it since the last update on my last phone (and thought the republished thing soundy fishy), but I think this is the first time I've tried on my new phone. I'm wondering if maybe this is one of those titles that has a limit on how many devices you can install it on or if the 8.1 preview is somehow the problem. Either way I feel like I'm due a refund if I'm not able to play it anymore.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos