Shoutout to Transparency Tiles (Must try app)

mariusfilip

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I tried out Transparency Tiles today and loved it. Then I emailed the dev asking for some tiles for Shazam, Office, Adobe Reader, OneDrive and he replied within 2 hours with in detail progress and the limitations and the apparent update date. We need more devs like him out there. Check out his app here and don't forget to leave a rating for him.
Transparency Tiles | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
i think it is one of the most wanted apps in 8.1, remembering the fact most people looked upon 8.1 for Cortana,which i think it is 'overdiscussed',and the startscreen,and more funnier...it's completely FREE(the app) :)) ...how much benefit would the users would make the startcreen/parralx effect if it wasn't for this app,it's a 'must have'...and(but) i think we should be more focused on requesting MS features like 'profiles' for ringers and other stuff,more important,like the issue i have with 8.1,i don't see anymore the option of leaving JUST the ringer on and mute ALL notifications by ticking that little box in setting...an so on,...just my opinion,sorry for the offtopic 'part' of the post :)

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I love this app, but one issue I have with it which isn't really the developers fault is that when ever I ask Cortana to launch an app, she'll force me to choose between two of the same ones if I have a Transparent tile of it.

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
I love this app, but one issue I have with it which isn't really the developers fault is that when ever I ask Cortana to launch an app, she'll force me to choose between two of the same ones if I have a Transparent tile of it.

I never knew of it. Thanks for the info. I'm not too fond of launching apps using voice BTW.

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
i think it is one of the most wanted apps in 8.1, remembering the fact most people looked upon 8.1 for Cortana,which i think it is 'overdiscussed',and the startscreen,and more funnier...it's completely FREE(the app) :)) ...how much benefit would the users would make the startcreen/parralx effect if it wasn't for this app,it's a 'must have'...and(but) i think we should be more focused on requesting MS features like 'profiles' for ringers and other stuff,more important,like the issue i have with 8.1,i don't see anymore the option of leaving JUST the ringer on and mute ALL notifications by ticking that little box in setting...an so on,...just my opinion,sorry for the offtopic 'part' of the post :)

User profiles are really needed. Turning off notifications should have a simple check box like "Enable Notifications Center". I wouldn't like going into each app and turn them off.
Oh and BTW if you want to turn off notifs, you can simply enable Quiet Hours but that kind of limits the functionality as it will only allow inner circle and people who call you twice within 3 minutes at best.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone use this app with the Video tile pinned and have it link to a different app than the stock Video app? It seems to open an app that only has my videos, without the Xbox Video Store. If I use the stock tile, the normal app opens. Odd.

mariusfilip

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
User profiles are really needed. Turning off notifications should have a simple check box like "Enable Notifications Center". I wouldn't like going into each app and turn them off.
Oh and BTW if you want to turn off notifs, you can simply enable Quiet Hours but that kind of limits the functionality as it will only allow inner circle and people who call you twice within 3 minutes at best.

yes...i know,but i don't know why they pulled out that tickbox,it was there in wp8.0...i have written a THREAD about that tickbox,looks like nobody used it, and no one has written a single reply,thanks very much :))) all we care is about Cortana...at least for me, Cortana should be useful in my kitchen...making some pancakes, because i already know some good recipes :))) thx

mshaw2k

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone use this app with the Video tile pinned and have it link to a different app than the stock Video app? It seems to open an app that only has my videos, without the Xbox Video Store. If I use the stock tile, the normal app opens. Odd.
This is how the app launches using the tile . I think its the only way the developer can link the tiles by making it your collection. It's unfortunate that video app doesn't have a back button to get back to the start of the app. If we launched from main app and went to collection you can just press back arrow to go back. Using transparent tile and pressing back store takes you to previous app or start screen

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte