Podcast listeners, can you please answer these questions?

El Sparrow

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I've had constant issues with several podcast apps on my Windows 8 Phone, so I'm just wondering.
Feel free to cut-n-past the bold questions, skip some questions if you wish.

What podcast app(s) are you using?
I've tried just several apps, some more extensively than others. The built in app has been least desirable for me.

What phone model are you using?
Nokia Lumia 521 (8.0)

Do you listen to podcast subscriptions that are edited into multiple feeds?
Example for a 3-hour show: April 22 Hour 1, April 22 Hour 2, April 22 Hour 3; another example: 448, 449, 450, 451, 452, 453, 454, 455

If you create a playlist (if applicable), does it automatically play from one file to another, or work as the developer intended?

If you are listening to a playlist, and you have your phone password protected, does the playlist break/stop playing 1 file to another when your phone is locked?

Do you sometimes find your subscriptions not updating, even though the website/server is updated with new shows?
I also notice that my media player on my desktop computer will have all the latest feeds updated, but my chosen podcast apps will not update (same rss feed)... strange.

Does your app sometimes lose track of where you were at during your last played show?
Applicable to apps with playback position memory

Does your podcast app crash often?

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
What podcast app(s) are you using?
Podcast Lounge, Podcast Critter. The built in app has been least desirable for me. Podcast Lounge is perfect. Awesome.

What phone model are you using?
Nokia Lumia 520 (8.1DP)

Do you listen to podcast subscriptions that are edited into multiple feeds?
Yes!

If you create a playlist (if applicable), does it automatically play from one file to another, or work as the developer intended?
Usually it does play that way but breaks once I switch my connection ie go mobile data from WiFi.

If you are listening to a playlist, and you have your phone password protected, does the playlist break/stop playing 1 file to another when your phone is locked?
Mine doesn't in Podcast Lounge.

Do you sometimes find your subscriptions not updating, even though the website/server is updated with new shows?
I have noticed some lag of about a few hours but that's universal.

Does your app sometimes lose track of where you were at during your last played show?
Never until I switch connections midway during playback.

Does your podcast app crash often?
Never. PODCAST LOUNGE rocks.

PS: It even allows watching video casts as audio ones under the lockscreen (you only get the audio then).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium