08-05-2018 04:14 PM
2,323 ... 8586878889 ...
tools
    You actually can continue on a different Windows Phone. I have been playing all day on two different WPs, switching when the battery gets low and continuing my progress. You have to sign in with FB from options and then it will present you with two accounts, the one you are currently using and the other that you used on your other device, just choose the other account and then you can use one account on both devices.

The issue is that Gameloft FORCES you to not only create a new character (just like on Rival Knights) but then they force you to play about 4 missions, tutorials and more BEFORE you can finally get the settings menu to be able to sign in.

This is ridiculous! Users should be presented with a sign in option upon loading the game the first time. A simple "New Game or Continue/Load Saved Game" would fix all of this. It takes a long time and building up a character that you don't even want just to get to the settings menu.

That is simply poor design.

Unfortunately, they do this in a lot of their games. It is also ridiculous that Gameloft does not implement the app data backup system that is built into Windows Phone. Not everyone wants a Facebook account and with all Windows products using the same Microsoft Account, this would ensure that saved data can be backed up and loaded with ease.

I hope the situation improves as we shouldn't have to create a new character, play for 15 minutes just to get the settings menu so we can "Connect" to our save game, thus losing 15 minutes of game time as it will be erased in favor of our old game.

Ryan, can you suggest that Gameloft doesn't disable the settings menu in their games as it is currently based on it only being enabled after forced tutorials with no option to sign in first and simply continue where we left off.

Thank you.
    This dont work on DH 4 i try 2 or 3 times on my lumia when i reset it and nothing :( now im waiting for DH5 being compatible on 512mb and wanna playing on my surface but i cant...
    we need save data sync for Windows and WP, compatible with 512mb and Win RT for surfaces!
    03-15-2015 12:25 PM
    Ryan,

Did you know that Dungeon Hunter 5's save data does not sync from phone to PC like Asphalt 8, Rival Knights and more?

The game syncs my progress fine across my Windows 10 PC and my Lumia. Did you log into Facebook on your PC?
    Also, for those who wants to create a new character, I have a workaround, though a bit lengthy.
    First, you'll need a spare Windows device. Download, then run DH5 on it. Create a new character. Play through the tutorial, until the point where you can access settings. Log into Facebook. The game will ask with save data you want to keep, just choose the new data. Done.
    I haven't tried it yet, though.
    03-15-2015 02:08 PM
    We need save data sync for Windows and WP
    The game do have data sync across Windows and Windows Phone, but you'll need a Facebook account.
    03-15-2015 02:10 PM
    The game do have data sync across Windows and Windows Phone, but you'll need a Facebook account.
    Nope doesn't work for me.
    03-15-2015 03:28 PM
    DH 4 no... maybe the 5
    03-15-2015 03:52 PM
    DH 4 no... maybe the 5

Yes, I meant the 5.
    03-15-2015 10:42 PM
    Why i cant get graphics like this on my lumia 730? like motion blur and after crash effect? This is video of Lumia 930.

Even MotoE can run it in full graphics then why not Lumia 730 or any other lumia? also there is not sun reflection effect on screen.

Waiting for reply.
    03-16-2015 01:51 AM
    Why i cant get graphics like this on my lumia 730? like motion blur and after crash effect? This is video of Lumia 930.

Waiting for reply.

Because of the lower specs of your device.
    03-16-2015 01:53 AM
    Well then why MotoE runs it in full graphics. Come on. I paid double amount than Moto E and i am getting half graphics. Gameloft is fooling us.
    03-16-2015 01:58 AM
    Well then why MotoE runs it in full graphics. Come on. I paid double amount than Moto E and i am getting half graphics. Gameloft is fooling us.

Asphalt 8 is free, so if you paid something, it's for DLC or boosts or whatnot. And you did that deliberately.
    I don't know Moto E, but does it have the same stunning graphics like Asphalt 8 (on a 930)? I doubt it.
    03-16-2015 02:07 AM
    Check this video. It runs even with great graphics than 930.

May be its limitation of WP. :'( but sill wp is BEST. ;). Hey gameloftRyan, is this because of limitation of WP or .....
    03-16-2015 02:15 AM
    Else give us option to set graphics like android.
    Susmit257 likes this.
    03-16-2015 02:17 AM
    Else give us option to set graphics like android.
    yes there must be an option for graphic quality. and asphalt 8 on IOS and android already got an update 8-10days ago... what about WP ???
    03-16-2015 03:22 AM
    Asphalt 8 is free, so if you paid something, it's for DLC or boosts or whatnot. And you did that deliberately.
    I don't know Moto E, but does it have the same stunning graphics like Asphalt 8 (on a 930)? I doubt it.
    It wasnt free on launch
    03-16-2015 05:23 AM
    yes there must be an option for graphic quality. and asphalt 8 on IOS and android already got an update 8-10days ago... what about WP ???
    WP doesn't get the same effort that iOS and Android gets, it's just the way it is. Gameloft doesn't make enough money off of WP, and the money to do make is paid out by Microsoft.
    03-16-2015 05:30 AM
    So then next news on windowscentral will be..... Gameloft will not update or make any game for wp. Sorry guys. :'( They have now kept updates for games on hold as gameloft_Ryan is saying. This news is near. They just don't care about Windows phone anymore.
    03-16-2015 06:07 AM
    Hey but we got Direct x12 wich is way better than iOS Metal...oh wait their games still look better..but we get Direct X 12...
    03-16-2015 07:02 AM
    Ryan, so far I've found one issue in Dungeon Hunter 5:

Sometimes when I check my gear sets (in Info & Equip menu or the gear selection menu before a mission), the game messes up my sets upon switching between them - wrong items, or wrong set in that place displayed. Sometimes it shows wrong set numbers, up to 10, while there are only 5 sets available. :/
    03-16-2015 11:55 AM
    When I signed into Facebook on Windows... nothing. No option or anything. Am I missing something?
    03-16-2015 09:02 PM
    That last post was regarding progress in DH5 btw lol.
    03-16-2015 09:26 PM
    Hey Ryan, I just started playing DH5 but I'm not satisfied with the character I chose, so how do I delete this character and make a new one? I can't find this option anywhere...

Thanks!

Edit: I thought there was no way for me to start a new game but the support already responded and they can reset my progress so this problem is solved
    The only way, unfortunately, to do this is to contact support - They can perform an account reset like they mentioned to you (:

Hey Ryan! why DH5 not compatible for SURFACE RT? now i cant play on my 720 and my surface ;c
    The Devs weren't able to optimize for it at launch. They will keep trying to see if they can get it ready to roll with a future update!

Ryan,

Is there anyway you can possibly implement some sort of saving/backup mechanism for Dungeon Hunter V and other/future games? For anyone who uses multiple devices, it's enormously frustrating that you can't continue on another device (especially for a universal app) or if you lose/break/replace your phone. I'm really impressed with the gameplay of DHV, but I find myself unwilling to invest too much time knowing I can only play on my ONE device, and when I inevitably replace it (which I do pretty frequently) I'll lose all the progress. Any method to transfer/save the data would be appreciated and is really necessary for these games to have lasting value.
    The best way to sync is through the use of Facebook sign-ins. If you log in with Facebook then progress should cross over from your different Windows devices. Although, based on some later posts in this thread, it looks like people are experiencing issues with this feature. I've notified the appropriate people and they are going to look in to it!

Ryan,

Did you know that Dungeon Hunter 5's save data does not sync from phone to PC like Asphalt 8, Rival Knights and more? Even when logged in, after a lengthy 15 minutes of playing just to get the Settings menu and then Connecting the FB account, you still have to start over/keep the unwanted character.

This and GT Racing are two progress heavy games to where the account progress doesn't sync and it truly breaks the appeal of a universal app. Do you have any information as to why the progress doesn't sync? I asked the same question around the now abandoned and still broken GT Racing 2 and never got an answer.

Honestly, the horrible implementation and lack of account sync with some gameloft titles is why I do not purchase IAP. Why should I spend real money when either I know my IAP will be lost or won't transfer or I know that Gameloft will leave the account sync either broken, inconsistent or simply will not reply. In the end, it is Gameloft that is missing out on real money and I would rather support the developers but not when it appears that the developers don't care to properly implement a feature consistently.
    This multi-device sync should work by logging in to Facebook. The problem appears to be that since this is done on our servers the feature isn't working right now for whatever reason. I've flagged it with our Devs and let them know this is a big issue right now. They will be investigating what's causing the Facebook sync problems and hopefully get it resolved!

Sorry for the problems and thanks for flagging this problem with me in DH5!

So then next news on windowscentral will be..... Gameloft will not update or make any game for wp. Sorry guys. :'( They have now kept updates for games on hold as gameloft_Ryan is saying. This news is near. They just don't care about Windows phone anymore.
    We still are supporting Windows and Windows Phone (: As I said, things are on hold for the time being, but we are not giving up or going anywhere!

Ryan, so far I've found one issue in Dungeon Hunter 5:

Sometimes when I check my gear sets (in Info & Equip menu or the gear selection menu before a mission), the game messes up my sets upon switching between them - wrong items, or wrong set in that place displayed. Sometimes it shows wrong set numbers, up to 10, while there are only 5 sets available. :/
    Okay, thanks for the heads up! I'll flag this with the team!

That last post was regarding progress in DH5 btw lol.
    If you're looking to sync progress you'll need to play through the first couple of missions to prompt the sync feature after you signed in with Facebook. Otherwise I'm not sure what else you were asking so let me know if I missed the mark! >.<

Also - If anyone else is running in to any other issues with DH5 please feel free to post here or PM me! I'm working on sending some feedback to the Dev team so the more I can do in one fell swoop the better!
    03-17-2015 07:21 PM
    If you're looking to sync progress you'll need to play through the first couple of missions to prompt the sync feature after you signed in with Facebook. Otherwise I'm not sure what else you were asking so let me know if I missed the mark! >.<
    Thanks so much for your response!

So I began playing DH5 on my Lumia Icon running 8.1 and Denim, connected to Facebook at some point, shows in the settings that it is connected. Then on my Win 8.1 tablet, I downloaded the game, played the first few missions, then logged into Facebook as soon as the option was available. And it seems to have let me log in... but doesn't change anything. Nothing pops up and asks if I want to use my other data.

Is there a specific order in which you have to do this? Or a specific point you have to play through on the second device before logging into Facebook? I know, for example, on the tablet I didn't get so far as to do the stronghold tutorial.

Thanks!
    03-18-2015 09:53 AM
    Ryan,
    Modern Combat 5 is now a Free to play game on other platforms. Is the same happening on WP?
    03-18-2015 11:35 AM
    Notice how Ryan says and repeats the same thing over and over again every time you people ask him for answers...
    03-18-2015 04:17 PM
    Notice how Ryan says and repeats the same thing over and over again every time you people ask him for answers...
    Or rather:
    Notice how we repeat the same questions over and over again every time Ryan answers?
    Toan Le and Visa Declined like this.
    03-18-2015 04:22 PM
2,323 ... 8586878889 ...