Gameloft Ryan's Massive Gameloft Thread

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
It's just about pointless to own a smartphone without an Internet connection. I would definitely work on getting that before I took the time to knock a game that doesn't support your unusual choice.

Who said anything about not having an internet connection? I have Wi-Fi at home and use data plans on my device when needed. But still it doesn't mean I have access to the internet 24/7.

Also I didn't knock a game, I was simply stating my opinion. ;)

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
It's just about pointless to own a smartphone without an Internet connection. I would definitely work on getting that before I took the time to knock a game that doesn't support your unusual choice.

I think it's quite the opposite, it's very unusual to demand an internet connection just to play a game! That's very restrictive, obviously. Yes, we all generally have an internet connection, but not always, so why should you be punished for it?

BadIntentVG

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Just downloaded GT Racing 2 for WP8. Game looks great and is very smooth! So far I love everything except when switching apps ot crashes every time (8.1 preview). This brings me to to something else I wanted to say: Ryan, I understand the thought process behind having games be online only, but you leave a lot of people in the dark. I for one mostly play during transportation where no internet is available or very spotty (subway every day, lots of flights). So I could rarely play TAS2 and looks like no MC5 either... Those are perfect games for me because they have depth and story to keep me busy for long flights.

The second thing I wanted to bring up was the crashing. Not really sure what's going on with this, but the faster this can be fixed, the better store ratings will be and the more people will buy it! It really bothers me for one. Anyway, when Amazing Spiderman works and GT 2 aren't crashing, the games are in a different class compared to other WP8 games. If you guys could somehow get rid of online only and clear up the crashing I think Gameloft would be considered to be the standard for quality on WP. Tbh, even with those issues, you guys kinda already are but still! Unfortunately, I'm stuck playing crappy games from other companies atm :(

philhachey

Banned
Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Modern Combat 4 just got a stability update on Android, so maybe one is coming. Windows Phone never got the Meltdown update though, so.. Maybe not.

Back when Candice Mah was the community manager she said that there will be no updates for WP... That actually puts us two major updates back.

The problem seems like its coming from the server side... Ryan's lack of a response is a little disheartening as it could probably be fixed fairly easy with a little server maintenance.

Oh well, when you do get online the game is still fun.

philhachey

Banned
Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I think it's quite the opposite, it's very unusual to demand an internet connection just to play a game! That's very restrictive, obviously. Yes, we all generally have an internet connection, but not always, so why should you be punished for it?

The thing that is a major concern for Gameloft is the hackers.... We never had any on WP because we don't have a large enough user base for someone to unlock / jailbreak our phones. Hopefully this online requirement will help them keep hackers from ruining the game.

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
The thing that is a major concern for Gameloft is the hackers.... We never had any on WP because we don't have a large enough user base for someone to unlock / jailbreak our phones. Hopefully this online requirement will help them keep hackers from ruining the game.

Hackers can simply override these limitations with a patch. They get what they want in every situation and we normal users has to pay for it.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
GT racing

This game has hijacked by alarm clock in my phone. Ridiculous. I have turned off notifications but they are still getting pressure through by the shark clock.... Going of in the middle of the night. Anyone know how to stop this crap?

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
@Ryan Since yesterday GT Racing 2 has been pushing pop-up alarms several times in a row.
I have all notification options turned off in-game. Also checked the native Alarm app.
Is there any way to stop this? Is this a bug?
wp_ss_20140622_0003.png

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
@Ryan Since yesterday GT Racing 2 has been pushing pop-up alarms several times in a row.
When I would get push notifications for this game on my Android phone(before I disabled them) it was the same exact message. That is not a bug you're seeing, but it's in extremely bad taste. I would uninstall that game if it were me.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I have all notification options turned off in-game. Also checked the native Alarm app.
Is there any way to stop this? Is this a bug?
View attachment 69872

I mentioned above, I get the exact same thing. Its a disgusting tactic. I love the game and love the support, but sorry... I have to have my phone turned up for my alarm clock and emergency notifications and don't like being woken at 3 in the morning to tell me that my virtual Chevy is rusting out. Bullsh*t.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I mentioned above, I get the exact same thing. Its a disgusting tactic. I love the game and love the support, but sorry... I have to have my phone turned up for my alarm clock and emergency notifications and don't like being woken at 3 in the morning to tell me that my virtual Chevy is rusting out. Bullsh*t.

Alarms set by using the OS alarm app work just fine, even if you've turned down the volume for ringer and media. No problem at all.

Nevertheless, Gameloft needs to fix that asap.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I know. I'm aware of this. My point is, the only to to stop their alarm is to essentially turn the phone off, which kills my emergency calls and the alarms I set. Microsoft needs to implement a block on these apps the can't hijack the alarm clock... scared to see what they think of next.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Can't u just turn off toast notifications within the game or just block the background tasks for the game? Has anyone tried it?

That won't help. It's not a background when agent that's used here, but an OS provided API that grants access to alarms. It's not hijacking or anything, just regular use of an official API.
Gameloft should offer an option to disable that though.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
That won't help. It's not a background when agent that's used here, but an OS provided API that grants access to alarms. It's not hijacking or anything, just regular use of an official API.

I
You may not call it hijacking, but i do. Any use of anything outside of the game without my permission sure sounds like hijacking to me. Potato - Pototo. Either way, its f'n ridiculous....and the a l alarm just came up again while i was typing this. Love the game, but i feel like im being stalked.

GohanGautham

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site

Glad I don't have the game(for now) :) ! Lets hope gameloft fixes it and adds 512mb ram support so that I can play it :) !

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I found a graphical glitch in GT Racing 2 the blue sea apears black and it looks black in every map where it should be blue. I'm running Lumia 925 WP8
Picture: http://1drv.ms/1lSncYi

@Gameloft_Ryan hey Ryan I even have the same graphical glitch but to me it happens mostly when I am playing in NIGHT LEVELS. The grass green starts turning black.....
Is it due to WP8.1?

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
The Windows 8 version has horrible graphic stitching problems at the bottom of the screen. And when you go into the settings and set the view for dashboard, it reverts to bunker in the game. Then using the options from within the game, the dashboard view is no where to be seen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz