Gameloft Ryan's Massive Gameloft Thread

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Which proves my point. There are no Gameloft games for any of Windows 8's predecessors. Windows 8's market share to these is very very small, just like Windows Phone. Gameloft as a company acts profit orientated, hence focussing primarily on those platforms that most likely generate the highest revenue. From this perspective WP and Win8 users should be grateful that Gameloft doesn't neglect them like many other game and app devs do.

I'm not following. Are you trying to say Gameloft has no games for Windows 8/RT?

And I find it odd that everyone still likes to cry the "Windows 8" isn't catching on spin, when I'd say roughly 80% of everyone I know with a PC is running Windows 8. If you want to bring all the business purchases into the mix, yeah, then Windows 8 isn't catching on, but businesses always take their time to switch. As king as the old OS can perform the same job they will hang onto it for as long as they can.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi Ryan,
In Kingdoms & Lords when I want to revenge with some opponents, it says that they are under shield protection, try again later. How do I acquire shield for myself do you have any idea ?

Also when I fight battles I get battle points, then later after a day when I check all the points are gone. How do I preserve these battle points ?

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm not following. Are you trying to say Gameloft has no games for Windows 8/RT?

And I find it odd that everyone still likes to cry the "Windows 8" isn't catching on spin, when I'd say roughly 80% of everyone I know with a PC is running Windows 8. If you want to bring all the business purchases into the mix, yeah, then Windows 8 isn't catching on, but businesses always take their time to switch. As king as the old OS can perform the same job they will hang onto it for as long as they can.

I'm not crying at all. I'm well aware of the fact that it always takes time for a new OS to catch up in terms of sales or whatsoever. That's not only applying to businesses, but households as well. All I'm trying to tell you is that numbers in fact DO matter, even though you refuse to accept that. If you ran a business developing apps and/or games, you would calculate how much time, and thus money you invest developing for a platform where you KNOW market share isn't really significant yet. Because a lower market share basically means less revenue.

I've never said there aren't Gameloft games for Windows 8, there are. But 1) there are less for any Microsoft OS than for competing platfoms. 2) They receive updates less frequently. 3) New games release for competing platforms first and hit Windows and WP stores weeks later.

Nevertheless I'm gonna end this here as we're not going anywhere with this discussion. Not to mention that it's offtopic anyways.

Deaconclgi

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Ryan,

It appears that GT Racing 2 does not abide by the Push Notification rules in Windows Phone 8.1.

Several of us, using Lumia 1020s and a 1520 declined push notifications yet we still get them. Not only do we get them, but we get spammed with them, sometimes every 10 minutes.

The push notification ALSO does not abide when we choose to cancel the reminder instead of snooze and even if we choose snooze, it doesn't abide by the time.

For example, if I chose snooze for 1 day, I get a notification in about 5 minutes and then I am spammed until I open the game.

That is extremely annoying and one coworker said he will uninstall the game if this continues.

Also, account sync via FB login isn't working. My progress isn't shared between my phones, desktop or tablet even though I am logged in to the same account.

Restore My Purchases works though.

Please pass these concerns/bugs on to the appropriate teams or if you have a contact link, I can copy and paste it and send the information.

Thank you,

Demitrius

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Ryan,

It appears that GT Racing 2 does not abide by the Push Notification rules in Windows Phone 8.1.

Several of us, using Lumia 1020s and a 1520 declined push notifications yet we still get them. Not only do we get them, but we get spammed with them, sometimes every 10 minutes.

The push notification ALSO does not abide when we choose to cancel the reminder instead of snooze and even if we choose snooze, it doesn't abide by the time.

For example, if I chose snooze for 1 day, I get a notification in about 5 minutes and then I am spammed until I open the game.

That is extremely annoying and one coworker said he will uninstall the game if this continues.

Also, account sync via FB login isn't working. My progress isn't shared between my phones, desktop or tablet even though I am logged in to the same account.

Please pass these concerns/bugs on to the appropriate teams or if you have a contact link, I can copy and paste it and send the information.

Thank you,

Demitrius

Same problem with 920, I'm sure it'll get fixed once they release an update for 8.1

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
@Ryan I'm not sure if I already asked this and if I ever got an answer. :D Do you have any information about a possible release of Order & Chaos Duels for WP? I'm not asking for a specific release date whatsoever, just whether Gameloft is considering to port it over. Or if they're already working on it.

Can't remember if I've addressed this earlier in the thread either! If I answered it earlier in the thread the answer was probably we are still evaluating if we would move OC Duels over. However, I'm happy to say that we are targeting next week for the OC Duels launch. It'll more than likely be the same deal as HOC and GTR2, no 512MB support on launch but it will come with an update. Keep in mind, this is our goal and depending on certifications/approvals this could change.

Hey Ryan I haven't seen anyone else ask about this recently so here I go, I'm assuming that you guys are working on a content update for Total Conquest just like any other game that is running behind, so my question is can we expect such an update this summer? Somewhere in that ballpark?

Yes, your assumptions are correct. I believe we have to combine two big updates for TC and port them over. This update will also address some of the bugs people have reported since the last time we updated the game.

Hey Ryan, about 512 optimization
Heroes of Order & Chaos would come in -week / weeks / month / months / century? lol
:winktongue::winktongue::winktongue:

I mentioned this a day or two ago, but it's too early to tell when the update will be live. The team just finished launching the game and is more than likely working on getting the update out the door and haven't established a timeline yet.

Hello Ryan! �� Is GANGSTAR VEGAS coming to WP? If yes, when?

I have not seen any plans for that as of right now. It's possible that might change once we get through this exceptionally busy summer though!

@Ryan,
Here's another gratuitous plug for an Order and Chaos update to fix the icon issues!

Haha, I feel for you guys. The amount of emails I send to the O&C Windows team asking about this update is immense. If I had a penny for every time I could probably retire early! In all seriousness though, they are working on it and we do appreciate the patience this community has shown. <3

Hi Ryan,
In Kingdoms & Lords when I want to revenge with some opponents, it says that they are under shield protection, try again later. How do I acquire shield for myself do you have any idea ?
Also when I fight battles I get battle points, then later after a day when I check all the points are gone. How do I preserve these battle points ?

Sadly, I don't have much experience with Kingdoms & Lords so I'll need find someone with some experience to help me out on this one. I'll post back if I get some insight :)

Ryan,
Thank you,
Demitrius

This is something I've raised with the Dev team because others mentioned the PN issue as well. What's weird is that the issue isn't showing up on our end in QA, so thanks for letting me know and I can keep letting the team know! If anyone else is still having this issue, please post or send me a PM.

As for the sync, I've been advised by the team that the syncs typically happen once a day and can be forced by purchasing an item in the game (with game currency) and it should trigger the cloud save. Also, if a sync isn't showing up the team has told me that players can try logging out and then back into their account to re-sync with our servers.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Can't remember if I've addressed this earlier in the thread either! If I answered it earlier in the thread the answer was probably we are still evaluating if we would move OC Duels over. However, I'm happy to say that we are targeting next week for the OC Duels launch. It'll more than likely be the same deal as HOC and GTR2, no 512MB support on launch but it will come with an update. Keep in mind, this is our goal and depending on certifications/approvals this could change.

That's great news, thank you. :)

Andrei Dorin

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Today I played GT racing 2 on mom phone same specta as the 520 but after I installed the game I remained with 100mb memory of phone ...nevermind I played it at optimal performance. Or something ....Rayan are you 100 %sure this game will come for 512 ram ?

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Today I played GT racing 2 on mom phone same specta as the 520 but after I installed the game I remained with 100mb memory of phone ...nevermind I played it at optimal performance. Or something ....Rayan are you 100 %sure this game will come for 512 ram ?

Yup, my coworker who works with the game team confirmed that GTR2 will be getting an update that includes 512mb support. I wouldn't post something so specific that is speculation. If I did, I would get eaten alive on the Internet!

Any news about any release Ryan? Keep us updated :)

We are aiming to launch Order & Chaos Duels next week

Lumio

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Ryan, why the older Asphalt 5/Asphalt 7 still costs, but the newer Asphalt 8 available free?
There may be business reasons, yet it isn't odd? :amaze:

Sachinmeet

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Hey ryan, will the games like "thor" and "iron man" come to windows phone ? I know the movies are about an year old but still the games are free.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077