Gameloft Ryan's Massive Gameloft Thread

Fadetonite

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Well unfortunately those of us having issues with Rival Knights it looks like it might be a corrupt save file. I downloaded the game on the windows store on my PC. It loaded fine, played the first round. When I logged into my Facebook to port my save over it crashed the windows game in the same manner as the phone version. So when the game crashes while its saving (like when you win like I did, and other that have posted) it looks like it corrupts your save file. So loading it is whats causing it to crash. Which means I think I am done with the game. All those tourneys won, items gained, hours spent, now gone. I really don't want to start over. If you all figure out a way to fix the corrupt save files then let us know.

figoxor

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I am having the worst of the experiences with Gameloft support. I was happy playing Asphalt 8 on my Lumia 620. Sometimes the game lagged but it was something rare, and for a 512Mb RAM device one can't really complain. I never had an issue that wasn't on my part, like losing my progress due to a reinstallation of the game. However, I was so excited about this game that I decided to spend some money on it. Last update brought some nice features, including payment through operator (career). Since I didn't have a credit card, it was great news for me, I could finally give something back in return for Gameloft's work. So, I bought a class S Car pack., the most expensive in the In-App Purchase system for Asphalt 8. The game opens the Messaging app and prepares a message with a code to be sent to a random number. I sent the message, I got charged with 50 Bs (local currency, Venezuela), that's about 6 USD. I didn't receive a confirmation message. After some minutes, I went back to the game and a messaged was shown "Transaction Failed". But, how come? I was charged, and I received nothing in return. I opened a support ticket, as something similar happened with a purchase from Order and Chaos: Duels. It's been a week since I opened the ticket and sent all the detailed information, including screenshots, and gameloft agents haven't been capable of solving my problem. These agents say they can't check my purchase (How is that my problem?), but they could check my purchases in Order and Chaos: Duels (problem solved in that case). I haven't heard anything from these agents since Sunday, so it's been three days of total silence about this issue. I mean, I cannot see why Gameloft would release a buggy feature without proper testing, charge users with no guarantee of their purchase, and don't have the decency as to at least attempt to solve the issue. I am not asking for compensation, I want what I paid for.

Moreover, this is a serious issue. You can't go on charging people like that and then not giving them what they paid for. Windows phone users are serious customers, we like to pay for good services. There's no piracy in windows phone, especially not for In-App purchases. Payment methods are always welcome as long as they're reliable. You need to guarantee your customers that they will receive what they are paying for. You are introducing this payment method which, if fully functional and glitch-free, can result in a great income to your company. In my country, Venezuela, people love video games, when it comes to gaming there's a huge revenue to be made if the proper approach is taken. You can check on esea.net how many venezuelans pay for premium services of the sort. I am a very important member of the gaming community here. I even worked as an admin in a e-sports league with offices in your country. This experience of mine allows me to say with no doubt that if you establish a regular and reliable channel of payment, such as the one through operators that you used, with no glitches, plenty of users will pay for your services. But, failures like the one I reported, and such a disappointing customer care and aftermarket support, will only force faithful users like me to make formal complaints to operators resulting in obstacles to the establishment of said payment channels. I am sure that by now I am not the only venezuelan having problems with Gameloft purchases. I suggest you to stop charging users in Venezuela until you figure it out, or at least, guarantee a satisfactory customer support so users with this issue get what they paid for.

In relation to your customer support, I cannot help but feel very disappointed. I acted in good faith, allowing you to take your time to solve this issue. It was OK if you kept my money, really. My only purpose was to be of help in terms of solving payment issues because I trusted Gameloft and I really want venezuelans to have the ability to pay for your services. However, such disrespectful manners and all the time I have lost, which for me is more valuable than the money I paid, have made me reconsider my thoughts towards Gameloft. Moreover, this is my last resort. I am counting on you, agent Ryan, to pull the right strings, to attend in a more respectful manner to my support ticket. I am open to help for free. I am engaged to a gaming community, and that is why I want your payment system to succeed. But, if my good faith will continue to be treated the way it had been, I have nothing to do but to inform the gaming community of your abusive practices, and fire alarms in regards to your new payment method.

This is my ticket ID, feel free to contact me through that way. Again, I am very open to help: 8255065

Thanks, in advance, Ryan, and sorry for the noisy post. It was utterly necessary.

Zakriel

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Well I'm having problems with HOC. Since the last week I can't play because the game crashes every time. I've noticed that the game crashes when it's loading my credits (I think thats the name of the things that aren't the gems/crystals) because it barely loads the news "page", the default "page", and when it tries to load the gems and the credits BOOM it crashes. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times and it doesn't seems to fix the problem. Please help Ryan.

I'm going to upload a video to show you the problem.

Here is the video:

http://youtu.be/EqLVpT9ASl8

Last edited:

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
It's official. Gameloft has given up launch support for 512mb ram devices. :(
Jk though :p
But seriously, don't get me wrong but I don't see how a puzzle/rpg game weighing a mere 85 MB would have enough graphic rendering to require 1Gb ram.
Since I can't play it,I won't be the judge of that but people who will be able to download Dungeon Gems on their 1Gb ram devices, please do let me know of the graphic requirement and whether we require an active internet connection to play it or not.
But kudos to gameloft for at least bringing it to WP :D even though I cant play it yet

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

Don't lose hope. I think Gameloft's priority is to release new games as fast as they can and optimize later.

@Ryan Does GTR2 have cloud saving? I need to hard reset my device but I don't won't to lose my progress.

mesamit

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
But seriously, don't get me wrong but I don't see how a puzzle/rpg game weighing a mere 85 MB would have enough graphic rendering to require 1Gb ram.
Since I can't play it,I won't be the judge of that but people who will be able to download Dungeon Gems on their 1Gb ram devices, please do let me know of the graphic requirement and whether we require an active internet connection to play it or not.
But kudos to gameloft for at least bringing it to WP :D even though I cant play it yet

i was waiting toplay Dungeon Gems in my lumia 620....unfortunately it requires 1 GB RAM :( i hope we get 512MB support fast and future release like asphalt overdrive and that spiderman game comes with 512MB support when it arrives on windows phone

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Graphics are pretty damn nice, tbh. Checkout some gameplay videos on YouTube. Not sure if they really require 1GB of RAM, I honestely don't think so. The size of the game doesn't indicate anything however. Just take a look at Rival Knights, which looks brilliant. It's only 100MB in size. I'm with KrisJoeEll here. I think Gameloft focuses on releasing games for our platform as quickly as possible and deliver optimizations later on.

//Edit

I've played the first boss and the game started downloading additional content. I can't say how big it actually is, but it took roughly 5 minutes at 400 kb/s.

C

Craigtrain

The initial size of the app has nothing to do with it's memory footprint.

Jay7901

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Hey Ryan thanx a lot for makin asphalt 8 available for Lumia 525. Gr8 work by u n ur team. Secondly, can u pls fix the alarm clock issue with gt racing 2. The game hijacks the alarm clock n I get reminders several times in a day to play the game. Besides I cant switch I off only snooze it for a day or so. It gets really irritatin at times n I hope this issue is fixed in the next update

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Ryan please tell me :c when heroes of orden and chaos well be compatible with 512RAM device

I have not received an update regarding the 512mb support update for Heroes of Order and Chaos yet. Once I do I will be sure to post and let you all know!

Rival Knights will not load anymore. It crashed once where it wouldnt load and I reinstalled it to get it to work. I think it worked for like 3 days, then during a tourney it crashed right during the lance impact. I have yet to get it to run again. I have reinstalled it over 5 times, 2 times yesterday, 3 today. I'm running the Lumia Icon.?

@Ryan I'm suffering the same now (see Fadetonite). It crashed for me during a PVP tournament and neither reinstalling nor rebooting can resolve it.
I was close to occupying the 9th rank, granting a new horse or lance. Which I now won't get of course. :/

Ryan plz...Blitz Brigade Is An AWESOME game but...why always something is missing with the great things :( why are the servers so bad :( !
Actually...i started regretting buying diamonds... I bought the bag which has the most diamonds 6 times !!! And now my money has gone without having fun cuz servers really suck ! I can't play the game since yesterday ! :/ always when I try it says no connection...many users are complaining about that too ! The game is just awesome but Servers need to be FIXED so the game can be PERFECT :(
Plz :(

If you're having these issues with Rival Knights, please contact our support with the link I've included below. I've flagged this with the appropriate people, but now we need to get more crash log/technical information on our end. If your device isn't listed, please pick a similar one and then list the correct device in the "Description" box. Thanks for the help everyone!

Gameloft Customer Care - Online Support for All Games & Devices

This is my ticket ID, feel free to contact me through that way. Again, I am very open to help: 8255065
Thanks, in advance, Ryan, and sorry for the noisy post. It was utterly necessary.

No need to apologize. I'm really sorry that you've had an unpleasant experience with our Customer Support team. I'll see if I can look up your ticket number and get someone who can assist you better to reach out.

Well I'm having problems with HOC. Since the last week I can't play because the game crashes every time. I've noticed that the game crashes when it's loading my credits (I think thats the name of the things that aren't the gems/crystals) because it barely loads the news "page", the default "page", and when it tries to load the gems and the credits BOOM it crashes. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times and it doesn't seems to fix the problem. Please help Ryan

If you get a chance, please let our Support team know about this. Include the video as well, that'll definitely be a big help!

Don't lose hope. I think Gameloft's priority is to release new games as fast as they can and optimize later.

@Ryan Does GTR2 have cloud saving? I need to hard reset my device but I don't won't to lose my progress.

If you've signed in with a social account, your progress should be saved :)

i was waiting toplay Dungeon Gems in my lumia 620....unfortunately it requires 1 GB RAM :( i hope we get 512MB support fast and future release like asphalt overdrive and that spiderman game comes with 512MB support when it arrives on windows phone

I just got word that it appears Dungeon Gems will not be getting 512MB support at this time. I'm really sorry to share the bad news, but if this changes I'll be sure to let you all know!

Hey Ryan thanx a lot for makin asphalt 8 available for Lumia 525. Gr8 work by u n ur team. Secondly, can u pls fix the alarm clock issue with gt racing 2. The game hijacks the alarm clock n I get reminders several times in a day to play the game. Besides I cant switch I off only snooze it for a day or so. It gets really irritatin at times n I hope this issue is fixed in the next update

Yup, the hot fix went live earlier in the week. GTR2 should not be spamming people with updates 24/7.

alespo

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
hi ryan, i have a Microsoft Surface RT and installed Rival Knights last tuesday, but the game keeps crashing when loading since wednesday, and i have been reinstalling since then with no results, any information about how to fix or if gameloft is already doing something about it?

Deaconclgi

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I have not received an update regarding the 512mb support update for Heroes of Order and Chaos yet. Once I do I will be sure to post and let you all know!

If you're having these issues with Rival Knights, please contact our support with the link I've included below. I've flagged this with the appropriate people, but now we need to get more crash log/technical information on our end. If your device isn't listed, please pick a similar one and then list the correct device in the "Description" box. Thanks for the help everyone!

Gameloft Customer Care - Online Support for All Games & Devices

No need to apologize. I'm really sorry that you've had an unpleasant experience with our Customer Support team. I'll see if I can look up your ticket number and get someone who can assist you better to reach out.

If you get a chance, please let our Support team know about this. Include the video as well, that'll definitely be a big help!

If you've signed in with a social account, your progress should be saved :)

I just got word that it appears Dungeon Gems will not be getting 512MB support at this time. I'm really sorry to share the bad news, but if this changes I'll be sure to let you all know!

Yup, the hot fix went live earlier in the week. GTR2 should not be spamming people with updates 24/7.

Ryan,

About the reader who asked about GT Racing 2 cloud save: I have yet to see it save my progress to the cloud.

It only saved my IAP. I have GT Racing 2 on my 1520, 1020, Windows 8.1 desktop and tablet and even though I am signed in with my same social account, I had to start over with my saved file.

The ONLY thing saved was the fact that I bought a car pack. I even had to restore the purchase to get my cars. It was a huge loss and I honestly haven't played much at all since then.

Even my coworkers were stunned that after I reset my 1020 (main save) that I lost my progress. I would rather have my progress than the IAP as I put some serious time in GT Racing 2.

I am a writer for MyNokiaBlog so I usually invest time and money in games for a proper review but losing my progress took away all enthusiasm that I had for GT Racing 2 and the same can be said for Rival Knights. I reported the Rival Knights issue through the customer support channel and may do so for GT Racing.

I just wanted to let you know about GT Racing 2 not cloud saving the actual progress since you told the reader that it "should" save it. I thought it should as well, just like Asphalt 8, but it didnt.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Ryan,

For real though, everyone knows that your games such as Rival Knights is a giant crash fest. Why do you guys seem to just ignore these issues, tell us you are looking into it, and never updating any of your apps?

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Ryan,

For real though, everyone knows that your games such as Rival Knights is a giant crash fest. Why do you guys seem to just ignore these issues, tell us you are looking into it, and never updating any of your apps?

I've actually seen Gameloft update many of their games and fix most of the reported and well known issues. The only games that don't ever seem to get updates are those who are Xbox Live enabled. Since Microsoft's way of certifying such games and even each single update they shall receive are beyond ridiculous, I comprehend why Gameloft refuses to waste time on updates for these games. Or at least give them a very low priority.

@Ryan

I've found a pretty serious exploit in Dungeon Gems. When you're in a dungeon and die and just close the game by holding the back button and tapping on the X in the upper right corner (or swiping the card down in WP 8.1) and relaunch the game again, you'll start right where you left off previously. With your party's health fully reloaded. Means that whenever you die in a dungeon, let's say in part 4 of 5, you return to that exact section with full HP.
Since it's just the solo player part where this seems to work, it's of not much use, but it works in regular dungeons as well as in rewarded limited time only dungeons (weekly, daily and hourly), so it may have an impact on IAPs and hence revenue. I bet most players might hate me for reporting this, but I'm an honest guy. ;)

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I've actually seen Gameloft update many of their games and fix most of the reported and well known issues. The only games that don't ever seem to get updates are those who are Xbox Live enabled. Since Microsoft's way of certifying such games and even each single update they shall receive are beyond ridiculous, I comprehend why Gameloft refuses to waste time on updates for these games. Or at least give them a very low priority.

@Ryan

I've found a pretty serious exploit in Dungeon Gems. When you're in a dungeon and die and just close the game by holding the back button and tapping on the X in the upper right corner (or swiping the card down in WP 8.1) and relaunch the game again, you'll start right where you left off previously. With your party's health fully reloaded. Means that whenever you die in a dungeon, let's say in part 4 of 5, you return to that exact section with full HP.
Since it's just the solo player part where this seems to work, it's of not much use, but it works in regular dungeons as well as in rewarded limited time only dungeons (weekly, daily and hourly), so it may have an impact on IAPs and hence revenue. I bet most players might hate me for reporting this, but I'm an honest guy. ;)

Ive also left out this hijacking my phones alarm clock crap. Big time slime-ball tactic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel