Gameloft Ryan's Massive Gameloft Thread

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Btw what happens if you reinstall the gtr2 on the same device.
Does it show warning message like local data is different then the current data which we get in asphalt 8 or do we need to start from beginning.

Haven't tried that, but since it's not supporting cloud saves and sync, I doubt it.

Deepak kumar M

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
@Ryan congrats on the thread running about 1000 posts.. Lol.

By the way i was satisfied that the my little pony game was updated to 512mb ram but this is crazy it misses update when compared to android... (my little sister plays it updated in her android ): Sad)

I like the way you support windows but i hate when they lack support of new features even when they are released after the newer version launches on other platform....

Deaconclgi

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Ryan,

Would it be possible for the Modern Combat 5 team to push out a version that has the graphics toned down or something where users have this option in the game so that those with the Adreno 225 SOC can have a smooth framerate and better controls? I hate that in order to have a good experience we are forced to either get a huge phablet (like the 1520) or the 930/Icon (which is not on ATT). I am waiting on a device I can afford and can get off contract, but still want to be able to enjoy my 920 until that day comes. I am glad Windows Phone is at least supported, but I know the Adreno 225 can handle this type of game because the Galaxy S3 can and has the same exact SOC (American version).

Your question mirrors the same question that I had about graphical settings in the app just like they have on their Android games (the same as PC games have done for decades).

Quote Originally Posted by Deaconclgi View Post

"Ryan,

May you kindly ask the Windows Phone development teams to enable 1080p resolution in their games? The games work on 1080p devices such as the Lumia 1520, 930, Icon but the resolution is 720p at best. This causes otherwise great graphics to be rough around the edges and blurry whereas the games look perfect on 720P devices.

Also, may you ask them to enable graphical settings in the option menu the same way they have the option to do so on Android? I would like to run games on maximum graphical settings (with 1080p resolution as well) on my Lumia 1520. I can see a clear difference in resolution on my 1080p Android phone and my 1080p Windows Phone and both devices have the Snapdragon 800 processor. The Windows Phone versions look worse due to a lower native resolution on a higher resolution screen.

Thank you for your time and dedication to Windows Phone consumers."

Ryan replied with:
"I'll mention it but I can't make any promises!"

Hopefully we will see this feature become available in future updates or future games as Gameloft has experience with enabling exactly what we are asking about.

Deaconclgi

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Ah, right, I remember. I should've duh through the thread before posting. My bad. :/ Thanks, man.

That would be me. :) After losing my progress, I haven't played it much but after updating my Lumia 1520 to 8.1+Cyan and getting the corrupted text, I have not played it at all. I hope that the issues are resolved soon as it is a great mobile racing game.

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Ryan, what do you mean when you say your priorities are shifting?.. can you even tell us?

Just that I'm focusing on some new projects within Gameloft right now. An example of that is the Community Streamer program I recently fired up, where I take good players/good content creators and invite them to stream on our Twitch channel. It all boils down to some exciting things happening at Gameloft SF!

Ryan r the updates for xbox games like six guns n uno n frnds cumin??? Cus they havnt been updated in like almost a yr. Secondly, wen r the updates for gtr2 n bb cumin?

As I've mentioned earlier in the thread several times, I don't have a specific time frame or date for those updates based on feedback from the team. Once that changes I'll let you all know, but until then I can't estimate anything but I can assure you they are still on our to-do list.

Ryan,

Would it be possible for the Modern Combat 5 team to push out a version that has the graphics toned down or something where users have this option in the game so that those with the Adreno 225 SOC can have a smooth framerate and better controls? I hate that in order to have a good experience we are forced to either get a huge phablet (like the 1520) or the 930/Icon (which is not on ATT). I am waiting on a device I can afford and can get off contract, but still want to be able to enjoy my 920 until that day comes. I am glad Windows Phone is at least supported, but I know the Adreno 225 can handle this type of game because the Galaxy S3 can and has the same exact SOC (American version).

So I'm asking about different resolutions, framerates, etc. to try and understand why the Dev team puts games out in a specific way. For the time being, it's unclear if we would put out another version of the game for this specific reason. Based on our previous tendencies, I don't think it will happen, but we will continue to try and improve/optimize the current version of the game that's out so players like you can enjoy the game on their devices.

@Ryan (or anyone else who might know more about it)

I've just installed GT Racing 2 on my Lumia 1020. I used to play it on my 1520 before (which is now on its way to get its cracked screen replaced). Even though I logged in on Facebook, it doesn't sync my progress. Am I missing something or isn't it supported?

Thanks for posting about this. I've been told by the Dev team that GTR2 has Cloud Saving when players are signed into Facebook, so it's quite strange that this is happening. I believe this is also the second or third time it's been brought up as well. I'll definitely flag this again.

Hey Ryan any update on the problem I mentioned about kingdom and lords on windows 8.1?

No, sadly I'm sorry I haven't received any information on it other than a "We'll look into it." I'll keep an eye on the email thread though!

@Ryan congrats on the thread running about 1000 posts.. Lol.

By the way i was satisfied that the my little pony game was updated to 512mb ram but this is crazy it misses update when compared to android... (my little sister plays it updated in her android ): Sad)

I like the way you support windows but i hate when they lack support of new features even when they are released after the newer version launches on other platform....

Content that's available on iOS and Android will be making it's way over to Windows as well. A priority for us was getting 512MB support out and then the content should follow!

Your question mirrors the same question that I had about graphical settings in the app just like they have on their Android games (the same as PC games have done for decades).
Quote Originally Posted by Deaconclgi View Post

"Deleted for Space"

Ryan replied with:
"I'll mention it but I can't make any promises!"

Hopefully we will see this feature become available in future updates or future games as Gameloft has experience with enabling exactly what we are asking about.

So I actually heard back from the team and they let me know that across ALL platforms we release games in 720p. I'm still waiting on a response if it's possible to enable 1080p and if it's something we are likely to do moving forward with more powerful devices becoming available.

ceeesquared

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
@Ryan

I am playing version 1.3 as seen on the settings page of Real Soccer, although in the Windows Phone Store, it says version 1.0. I checked TrueAchievements.com and the latest person who unlocked "Best Audience" was on July 15, 2014 for Real Football. For Real Soccer, it was on March 15, 2014. I sent a PM to the person who unlocked it on Real Soccer, and he said that it was glitchy and it unlocked randomly even though he didn't play in every arena.

I do know that "Man of the Match" is unobtainable because you guys forgot to include "Enter the Legend" mode in both games. While I am ok with it not being unlocked, I just want to maximize achievements unlocked since I bought this game.

@Ryan, following up my previous question.

se4wp8

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Was surprised to see an update to mc5 on both wp8 and w8. Great to see you guys thinking of us and keeping your new releases up to date! the w8 one was small, however the wp one was 777mb so I think its downloading a whole new copy??? just be aware if you're downloading without WiFi.

one major question is, will new maps be coming to windows devices? there are only 4 multiplayer maps at the moment, hopefully you're going to expand this in the future?

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
It is nice to see that an update was available. I'm glad this isn't an Xbox Live game because the game can be updated now more frequently like this. Would be nice to know what has changed because gameplay is still the same on my Lumia 920, where the controls are not very fluid and the graphics lag. Maybe it requires Cyan update?

philhachey

Banned
Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
It is nice to see that an update was available. I'm glad this isn't an Xbox Live game because the game can be updated now more frequently like this. Would be nice to know what has changed because gameplay is still the same on my Lumia 920, where the controls are not very fluid and the graphics lag. Maybe it requires Cyan update?

This game has tons of bugs. I'm glad to actually see some updates too.

The worst is the lag and battery drain. But another one I have is where my grenade button and my stealth decoy button are stuck together. This also happens with my assault rampage (or whatever its called?) button. I did notice that DN Sheriff has the same problem and he is on IOS I believe... So hopefully there is a fix in the works.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
This game has tons of bugs. I'm glad to actually see some updates too.

The worst is the lag and battery drain. But another one I have is where my grenade button and my stealth decoy button are stuck together. This also happens with my assault rampage (or whatever its called?) button. I did notice that DN Sheriff has the same problem and he is on IOS I believe... So hopefully there is a fix in the works.

Yea the most hardest bug for me to work around is when I'm moving and I stop, hit the aim button, and try to pan around aiming. The controls get "stuck" thinking that I'm still trying to walk/move around, so I end up moving while aiming down the sights instead of panning around while aiming down the sights....grrr...

Andrei Dorin

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Hey Ryan on Facebook page /oficial Six guna page you know know The game that scream for update ...anyway of the respective page they said an update is coming for Ios,Droid and windows 8(soooooooooon) will come for windows phone 📞 too ? Can you squeeze some info's from devs .

Deaconclgi

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Yea the most hardest bug for me to work around is when I'm moving and I stop, hit the aim button, and try to pan around aiming. The controls get "stuck" thinking that I'm still trying to walk/move around, so I end up moving while aiming down the sights instead of panning around while aiming down the sights....grrr...

No bugs on my Lumia 1520 with Windows Phone 8.1+Cyan or my Dell Venue 8 Pro Windows 8.1 tablet and Windows 8.1 desktop computer. Are you all using the Developer Preview?

Deaconclgi

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
So I actually heard back from the team and they let me know that across ALL platforms we release games in 720p. I'm still waiting on a response if it's possible to enable 1080p and if it's something we are likely to do moving forward with more powerful devices becoming available.

Thank you for your reply. If the games are all in 720p then that must mean that the Windows versions do not have Anti-aliasing enabled as the graphics have the typical signs of aliasing that results from the lack of Anti-aliasing since native resolution differences have been ruled out. Since there is a difference in the aliasing on Android and WP versions at the same resolution (1080p screens but 720p game resolution) then I can only conclude that it is the result of graphical settings being different in the Windows Phone versions even though the devices have the same powerful GPU.

This would be similar to how Asphalt 8 on Windows Phone AND Windows 8.1 (my Nvidia GTX 770 OC ACX and handle tire shine) doesn't have tire shine even thought devices with the same chipset on Android DO have tire shine. It is a small thing in the grand scheme of things but when you own devices with multiple OSes, the difference is noticeable and hard to overlook when the devices have the same hardware.

It isn't a big deal, but in the long run, it would be nice to have equal graphical fidelity based on the GPU of the chipset. I know more things come into play such as RAM utilization and so forth so I won't complain. I just hoped it wasn't an issue of the developer simply keeping Anti-aliasing or Tire Shine set to 0 on Windows Phone instead of 1 as on Android to enable those effects.

Thank you for your time and have a great day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb