Gameloft Ryan's Massive Gameloft Thread

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey Ryan I'm sure you didn't skip my question on purpose so I'll just repost it since it's already 10 pages back:

Sup Ryan, so I have a burning question...

I have been playing Total Conquest pretty much since launch and I've noticed that the performance drastically decreases as your base gets bigger, and I mean drastically! when your base is small the performance is fine but I'm now lvl59 and my base is pretty big so now the game has become so unbelievably laggy! I'm talking so laggy that it becomes difficult to navigate because everything is so delayed. Keep in mind I'm on a Lumia 930 which is a high end phone that can run asphalt 8 perfectly. Now why is it that Total Conquest which graphically pales in comparison to a game like asphalt has such awful performance? Is it possible that you could ask the devs wether an update to optimize the game for new hardware will ever be released? I would really like to know because I'm addicted to this game and I just wish that my 930's horsepower would get fully utilized. Btw I've already asked the support team but I haven't gotten any sort of answer to my question. They couldn't even tell me "no". I really want to know if I just have to deal with this issue or if I can expect improvements from you guys!

Thanks,
Dennis

Dreamspell

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Ryan, what about the "Request timed out" issue? The game worked fine the first day. I've read that reinstalling fixes it but I don't want to lose my progress since other have reported losing their progress when reinstalling.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
SMU is not available for play offline on any platform, at least for the story mode and events mode. Those require a connection.

Can anyone else confirm this? Please let me know what devices you were playing on if FB didn't force a cloud save.

Based on the conversations I had with the Game Community Manager it sounds like the Dev have plans for new environments, races, and more in existing turfs or new turfs all together. Sounds like it's just a matter of time before they start working on updates with new content.

SMU can be played offline. we can play unlimited mode(that's what the game says) but it crashes as soon as I open it offline. It always requires an active internet connection

I have seen many of them complaining about asphalt overdrive that the data doesn't get saved on cloud. Still not sure though. Also I am unable to log into my FB account, a blank screen appears as soon as I try logging in.(I have 1320)

Yes I know that asphalt overdrive would be getting new environments. But I'll wait until it gets new environments, because if I play this game now, I'll surely finish it in two days. I know this game would also be getting new cars because compared to asphalt 8 or gt racing 2, this game has very less cars.

The most important thing I want to tell you is when will we get gt racing 2 update? This game crashes on my 1320 as soon as I open it.(gameloft logo is shown & this game crashes instantly) This has been the case from the last 3 weeks(I also tried moving the game on my phone memory, but still it crashes) If I uninstall it, my progress in the game would be gone(it doesn't sync the data from the cloud). So when can we expect the next update, please give a rough time frame. I don't expect anything new in the update, I just want the bugs to get fixed soon.
Thanks anyways, good to see you are active in this thread.

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
SMU is not available for play offline on any platform, at least for the story mode and events mode. Those require a connection.

Can anyone else confirm this? Please let me know what devices you were playing on if FB didn't force a cloud save.

Can you send me a screenshot and let me know what device you're playing on? Also, if you get a chance report this issue in game. Thanks!

Based on the conversations I had with the Game Community Manager it sounds like the Dev have plans for new environments, races, and more in existing turfs or new turfs all together. Sounds like it's just a matter of time before they start working on updates with new content.

I hate to say thus but that is not true Ryan. I tested it on my iPad 3 and note 3 OFFLINE and the game works without crashing or anything. I can play too
It's only present in windows phone version only.

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey Ryan! Good to see you back! Asphalt 8 for Android got the San Diego update today! Wen will it be available for Windows Phone? :)

Came here to post specifically about this while I had minute of down time: I just got an email that the San Diego Harbor and new cars update is pending approval. So should be pretty soon for both Windows 8 and WP!

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I hate to say thus but that is not true Ryan. I tested it on my iPad 3 and note 3 OFFLINE and the game works without crashing or anything. I can play too
It's only present in windows phone version only.

Before posting that I tried running in Story Mode and Event Mode and it was locked with no connection/no WiFi on my iPad Air. I could run in the "Endless" mode but after running it wouldn't change my leaderboard status and it prompted me to connect again. What I posted was true to my experiences and that's why I specifically called out Story Mode and Events Mode, not the Endless option.

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey Ryan I'm sure you didn't skip my question on purpose so I'll just repost it since it's already 10 pages back:

Sup Ryan, so I have a burning question...

I have been playing Total Conquest pretty much since launch and I've noticed that the performance drastically decreases as your base gets bigger, and I mean drastically! when your base is small the performance is fine but I'm now lvl59 and my base is pretty big so now the game has become so unbelievably laggy! I'm talking so laggy that it becomes difficult to navigate because everything is so delayed. Keep in mind I'm on a Lumia 930 which is a high end phone that can run asphalt 8 perfectly. Now why is it that Total Conquest which graphically pales in comparison to a game like asphalt has such awful performance? Is it possible that you could ask the devs wether an update to optimize the game for new hardware will ever be released? I would really like to know because I'm addicted to this game and I just wish that my 930's horsepower would get fully utilized. Btw I've already asked the support team but I haven't gotten any sort of answer to my question. They couldn't even tell me "no". I really want to know if I just have to deal with this issue or if I can expect improvements from you guys!

Thanks,
Dennis

Hey Dennis - Sorry for missing your question. I don't have an answer as to why the game struggles to keep up when your base gets bigger. I can definitely ask about it and see if we've noticed any other feedback about this issue if you'd like.

Can anyone else confirm they are having this issue with Total Conquest on a similar device? Also, sorry for the rapid fire posts, I came in for a minute and got side tracked looking at questions. Will try to come back later and look at more!

GohanGautham

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Came here to post specifically about this while I had minute of down time: I just got an email that the San Diego Harbor and new cars update is pending approval. So should be pretty soon for both Windows 8 and WP!

Thank you Ryan! :) Can we expect the new visual effects for WP and the Graphics options? It wud be great if we get even 1 of these 2! :)

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Before posting that I tried running in Story Mode and Event Mode and it was locked with no connection/no WiFi on my iPad Air. I could run in the "Endless" mode but after running it wouldn't change my leaderboard status and it prompted me to connect again. What I posted was true to my experiences and that's why I specifically called out Story Mode and Events Mode, not the Endless option.

So your saying that only endless run works offline?
I am kinda confused here...

Andrei Dorin

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi Ryan any news about Six Guns you said an update is coming soon ...well is gonna come is there a chance so I can get back to this game and do more missions because I finished all (70%) I can say right now most of them are hard even for LV25

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Thank you Ryan! :) Can we expect the new visual effects for WP and the Graphics options? It wud be great if we get even 1 of these 2! :)

If your talking about the new visuals that appeared on iOS,that cannot be possible cuz those are limited to only Apple devices due to Metal .API
And as for the graphics option, I am with you as I would really like that feature as well.

GohanGautham

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
If your talking about the new visuals that appeared on iOS,that cannot be possible cuz those are limited to only Apple devices due to Metal .API
And as for the graphics option, I am with you as I would really like that feature as well.

I assumed Metal was for iOS only since it wasn't found in any android device! :( But I wud really love the graphics option! :)

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey Dennis - Sorry for missing your question. I don't have an answer as to why the game struggles to keep up when your base gets bigger. I can definitely ask about it and see if we've noticed any other feedback about this issue if you'd like.

Can anyone else confirm they are having this issue with Total Conquest on a similar device? Also, sorry for the rapid fire posts, I came in for a minute and got side tracked looking at questions. Will try to come back later and look at more!
Thanks, yes I would really like to hear any info you can gather on this issue.

FYI everyone in my legion with at least a reasonably big base experiences the same extremely sluggish performance.

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Can't wait for Spider-man Unlimited update. Heard we'll be getting the third Issue in the story mode. Are there anything else coming within this update, probably the option to convert vials to ISO8s and vice versa? :)

And how can we get a 7-star spiderman (as per the 4th screenshot displayed in the store)?

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Can't wait for Spider-man Unlimited update. Heard we'll be getting the third Issue in the story mode. Are there anything else coming within this update, probably the option to convert vials to ISO8s and vice versa? :)

And how can we get a 7-star spiderman (as per the 4th screenshot displayed in the store)?

That's an epic Spiderman, try buying more Spidermans from premium portal, you'll get it. I just have 2 epic & many rare ones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb