Gameloft Ryan's Massive Gameloft Thread

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Why did asphalt 7 get removed from the store?
It's there for me in store, but text looks ****ty on my 930. Is there something we can do to make Gameloft repair that?
There is the same problem with GTR2. 2 of my favorite games are screwed! :p

Last edited:

airyblue

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey Ryan can i get a refund on MC5 ? I bought it for my Lumia 1520 but now i changed for 930 and the game is not in the store i played just 2 missions.
I saw from other people that Gameloft claims its not compatible with 930 which is a joke since ICON and 1520 are the same like 930.

mesamit

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
@ryan just saw a video of the game play of Spiderman unlimited in Lumia 520 posted by @visa declined in this thread ......there is no way gameplay is as smooth as seen in the video in my Lumia 620. Since @Anshu Goel also having same issue with same device Lumia 620. Could it be a device specific issue?

Lumio

May 16, 2013
Visit site
^ Maybe the optimization is not making the game smooth if your device itself is full of apps/games.
Btw, a suggestion for Gameloft_Ryan: Why can't gameloft provide an option in in-game for graphics to set low/mid/high for all devices?

mesamit

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
^ Maybe the optimization is not making the game smooth if your device itself is full of apps/games.
Btw, a suggestion for Gameloft_Ryan: Why can't gameloft provide an option in in-game for graphics to set low/mid/high for all devices?

if you are replying to me I don't have a lots of apps in my phone.....I don't have any apps in sd card just music and images....while everything is in phone memory and there still 2 GB free in phone memory

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
@ryan just saw a video of the game play of Spiderman unlimited in Lumia 520 posted by @visa declined in this thread ......there is no way gameplay is as smooth as seen in the video in my Lumia 620. Since @Anshu Goel also having same issue with same device Lumia 620. Could it be a device specific issue?

The 520 and 620 both have the same cpu, the same 512mb of ram, and both have 480x800 res displays. We should be seeing near identical gameplay on these two devices.

On my phone, I never installed the Developer Preview. The phone is new, and it was running WP 8 when I took it out of the box. It had 8.1 and Cyan ready to be installed as soon as I turned it on, which I did. I don't have an SD card in the phone, the game is installed on internal memory along with a bunch of other games. I'm actually out of memory as a matter of fact.

Mesamit, can you describe the status of your phone a little bit? Like which OS version and which updates have you installed?

anon8855939

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I have windows phone 8.1 Lumia 620 no developer preview my problems on spider man-unlimited are it sometimes doesn't register my touch while playing(ends up my player dead), it lags hilariously while using internet/wifi but little lags while offline.

mesamit

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
The 520 and 620 both have the same cpu, the same 512mb of ram, and both have 480x800 res displays. We should be seeing near identical gameplay on these two devices.

On my phone, I never installed the Developer Preview. The phone is new, and it was running WP 8 when I took it out of the box. It had 8.1 and Cyan ready to be installed as soon as I turned it on, which I did. I don't have an SD card in the phone, the game is installed on internal memory along with a bunch of other games. I'm actually out of memory as a matter of fact.

Mesamit, can you describe the status of your phone a little bit? Like which OS version and which updates have you installed?

its running in wp8.1 with cyan update no developer preview....

Nicomario

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm clearly not the only person affected by the removal of Asphalt 7. I had the text corruption issue too. Can we have an explanation please Ryan? Can we expect to see it back in the store anytime soon?

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm clearly not the only person affected by the removal of Asphalt 7. I had the text corruption issue too. Can we have an explanation please Ryan? Can we expect to see it back in the store anytime soon?

In the US Windows Phone store, Asphalt 7 gets a 4.5 out of 5 stars on reviews, which is damn good. People getting text corruption and other graphical anomalies were probably starting to leave negative reviews on the game because of it. Instead of watching the game "lose stars", they probably decided to pull the it for those devices that are affected. You can't leave a review on a game that you can't download.

I am completely guessing here, but it's what I would would have done if I was Gameloft.

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded the game tonight on my little 520, and it plays just fine for me. Considering this is an extremely low end device with 512mb of ram, I'm quite happy with the game. Ryan, be sure to tell the guys you work with thanks for supporting us, and thanks to you as well for putting up with what can sometimes be an unbearable, demanding bunch.

I made a vid of the game running on my phone. It loads a little slow, but the phone is slow to begin with. Towards the end of the video it looks like it's not registering my swipes, but it's my fault because I can't even see the screen and am not swiping properly. There's another phone in my line of site that's blocking my view.

Glad to see it's running well on your phone! I know others are saying they are still having issues, so it's possible it's device specific or a small case of a bug we haven't pinpointed yet that's only affecting a handful of users.

It's there for me in store, but text looks ****ty on my 930. Is there something we can do to make Gameloft repair that?
There is the same problem with GTR2. 2 of my favorite games are screwed! :p

So the game has been removed and based on what I've heard it will not be going back in to the store. I'll raise the text issue with one of our teams to see if this is something we can fix on our end with another update.

yes with latest update in Lumia 620...it lags so badly :(

Okay, thanks for letting me know! Sorry to hear that's it is lagging really badly though!

Hey Ryan can i get a refund on MC5 ? I bought it for my Lumia 1520 but now i changed for 930 and the game is not in the store i played just 2 missions.
I saw from other people that Gameloft claims its not compatible with 930 which is a joke since ICON and 1520 are the same like 930.

Yup, you can definitely get a refund for MC5. Contact our Customer Care and let them know that with your new phone the game isn't available and you want a refund. If you don't get an answer after a day or two, PM me your Support ID Ticket ID and I'll follow up on it for you.

It's possible it could be a device specific issue. I'm going to be in contact with the Windows team this week and I'll raise the problem with them.

To be honest that's only something we tend to do on Android because of the device fragmentation. We don't do it on iOS and to my knowledge, we don't do it on Windows Phones. Not sure why, I just think it's something our Developers have decided. I can ask about it though for clarification!

So the short answer is no, it won't be back in the store. However, I will ask if we can get an update out for the game to fix the text corruption issue. As I said above, I'll be in contact with the Windows team this week and I'll see what they say!

Also - regarding the Total Conquest glitch that was posted earlier: The Dev teams are aware of it and addressing it with the next update! Once I get a time frame on it I'll try to let you all know :)

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
To be honest that's only something we tend to do on Android because of the device fragmentation.

Thank goodness for device fragmentation then. I love being able to turn the graphics settings up to max quality. Gameloft isn't the only developer to do this with their Android games either, many of them do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb