Gameloft Ryan's Massive Gameloft Thread

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Thank goodness for device fragmentation then. I love being able to turn the graphics settings up to max quality. Gameloft isn't the only developer to do this with their Android games either, many of them do.

Lol, you're joking right? Device fragmentation is not a good thing...

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Do all of you even know. What is device fragmentation

You don't know? Device fragmentation is basically the fact that there's so many different android phones with different specs running different OS versions which makes it more difficult for developers to release and support their applications.

anon8855939

May 15, 2014
Visit site
You don't know? Device fragmentation is basically the fact that there's so many different android phones with different specs running different OS versions which makes it more difficult for developers to release and support their applications.

So as you know. Why are you stating it as bad, sooner or later windows phone will fall in same problem/criteria.

Andrei Dorin

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Ryan what about GT racing2 update we will have the new cars and new features like IOS and Droid ? And maybe cloud saving because I can't save my game .

Deaconclgi

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Why am I stating it as bad? Because it it is bad...

I don't understand what you're trying to say.

He is saying that due to the device fragmentation, users have the option to change their graphics settings, just like on a PC and that is a GREAT thing. The only reason users can do so is due to device fragmentation. With that said, thanks to device fragmentation for giving us the ability to adjust our graphical settings on our phones.

I wish all games on phones would allow us to change the graphical settings. We should be able to ensure that our games run the best on the hardware that we have. Nothing is worse than having a powerful device and a game that has been coded to display low resolution textures and low polygon models because the developer did not code the game to scale to the performance of your phone's GPU and RAM configuration.

Beach Buggy Racing allows us to change many graphical effects such as resolution, Lens splash fx, boost blur, color correction, water reflection, water normal map, hi-res water mesh, v-sync 60hz, hi-res models, hi-res textures, scene complexity and more. Now THAT is how you add graphical settings to a mobile game! They can take my money!

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
He is saying that due to the device fragmentation, users have the option to change their graphics settings, just like on a PC and that is a GREAT thing. The only reason users can do so is due to device fragmentation. With that said, thanks to device fragmentation for giving us the ability to adjust our graphical settings on our phones.

I wish all games on phones would allow us to change the graphical settings. We should be able to ensure that our games run the best on the hardware that we have. Nothing is worse than having a powerful device and a game that has been coded to display low resolution textures and low polygon models because the developer did not code the game to scale to the performance of your phone's GPU and RAM configuration.

Beach Buggy Racing allows us to change many graphical effects such as resolution, Lens splash fx, boost blur, color correction, water reflection, water normal map, hi-res water mesh, v-sync 60hz, hi-res models, hi-res textures, scene complexity and more. Now THAT is how you add graphical settings to a mobile game! They can take my money!

Yes, graphical option are very nice, but that does not make device fragmentation a good thing! Saying that you can only get graphical options if the platform has device fragmentation is just total nonsense. As you mentioned, Beach Buggy Racing has lots of graphical options even though wp has very minimal device fragmentation compared to android.

Lumio

May 16, 2013
Visit site

thumbsup_thumb.png

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
This thread is proof that Windows Phone games are buggy also. And as someone who owns a lot of Android devices and plays a lot of games, I rarely have any problems.

Nope I won't say same about Android. Only high end devices are good at gaming in Android. WP lack developers attention

Deaconclgi

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes, graphical option are very nice, but that does not make device fragmentation a good thing! Saying that you can only get graphical options if the platform has device fragmentation is just total nonsense. As you mentioned, Beach Buggy Racing has lots of graphical options even though wp has very minimal device fragmentation compared to android.

Device fragmentation sucks! I was not saying that you can only get those settings by having device fragmentation. I was trying to explain what the other person meant.

I experienced device fragmentation first hand owning a Samsung Galaxy S 2 and a HTC One S when they were both flagship devices and I couldn't run my games on both due to the developer not making the game compatible even though the chipsets were improved versions of the Snapdragons that were available at the time. Oddly, the biggest culprit was Asphalt 7, defaulting to low resolution textures and overall graphics when my phone had the most powerful chipset at the time. I used to have to go and edit the config files since Gameloft didn't optimize the games at the time. Optimize as in simply enabling the graphical effects.

It was frustrating beyond measure and was one of the factors of me switching from Android as my main phone OS. Who likes to pay money for software and then buy a much better phone and get "This app is not compatible with your device" when you KNOW your device is more powerful than the one you had before.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)