Gameloft Ryan's Massive Gameloft Thread

c0wb0ycliche

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Dungeon Hunter V Save/Backup

Ryan,

Is there anyway you can possibly implement some sort of saving/backup mechanism for Dungeon Hunter V and other/future games? For anyone who uses multiple devices, it's enormously frustrating that you can't continue on another device (especially for a universal app) or if you lose/break/replace your phone. I'm really impressed with the gameplay of DHV, but I find myself unwilling to invest too much time knowing I can only play on my ONE device, and when I inevitably replace it (which I do pretty frequently) I'll lose all the progress. Any method to transfer/save the data would be appreciated and is really necessary for these games to have lasting value.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Ryan,

Is there anyway you can possibly implement some sort of saving/backup mechanism for Dungeon Hunter V and other/future games? For anyone who uses multiple devices, it's enormously frustrating that you can't continue on another device (especially for a universal app) or if you lose/break/replace your phone. I'm really impressed with the gameplay of DHV, but I find myself unwilling to invest too much time knowing I can only play on my ONE device, and when I inevitably replace it (which I do pretty frequently) I'll lose all the progress. Any method to transfer/save the data would be appreciated and is really necessary for these games to have lasting value.

Yeah this is a big issue for me too...

Last edited:

Deaconclgi

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Dungeon Hunter 5 is my first Dungeon Hunter game and it is great on my 1520 and PC. Too bad Gameloft downgraded the graphics for the Windows versions just like they do with almost all of their releases (except for The Amazing Spiderman 2 - it scales the gfx per device specifications).

DH5 has low resolution textures and pixelated shadows compared to the Android and iOS version. Hopefully Gameloft will care enough to update the game to feature high resolution textures and effects for devices that can support them.

Last edited:

Deaconclgi

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Dungeon Hunter V Save/Backup

Ryan,

You actually can continue on a different Windows Phone. I have been playing all day on two different WPs, switching when the battery gets low and continuing my progress. You have to sign in with FB from options and then it will present you with two accounts, the one you are currently using and the other that you used on your other device, just choose the other account and then you can use one account on both devices.

The issue is that Gameloft FORCES you to not only create a new character (just like on Rival Knights) but then they force you to play about 4 missions, tutorials and more BEFORE you can finally get the settings menu to be able to sign in.

This is ridiculous! Users should be presented with a sign in option upon loading the game the first time. A simple "New Game or Continue/Load Saved Game" would fix all of this. It takes a long time and building up a character that you don't even want just to get to the settings menu.

That is simply poor design.

Unfortunately, they do this in a lot of their games. It is also ridiculous that Gameloft does not implement the app data backup system that is built into Windows Phone. Not everyone wants a Facebook account and with all Windows products using the same Microsoft Account, this would ensure that saved data can be backed up and loaded with ease.

I hope the situation improves as we shouldn't have to create a new character, play for 15 minutes just to get the settings menu so we can "Connect" to our save game, thus losing 15 minutes of game time as it will be erased in favor of our old game.

Ryan, can you suggest that Gameloft doesn't disable the settings menu in their games as it is currently based on it only being enabled after forced tutorials with no option to sign in first and simply continue where we left off.

Thank you.

Deaconclgi

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Ryan,

Did you know that Dungeon Hunter 5's save data does not sync from phone to PC like Asphalt 8, Rival Knights and more? Even when logged in, after a lengthy 15 minutes of playing just to get the Settings menu and then Connecting the FB account, you still have to start over/keep the unwanted character.

This and GT Racing are two progress heavy games to where the account progress doesn't sync and it truly breaks the appeal of a universal app. Do you have any information as to why the progress doesn't sync? I asked the same question around the now abandoned and still broken GT Racing 2 and never got an answer.

Honestly, the horrible implementation and lack of account sync with some gameloft titles is why I do not purchase IAP. Why should I spend real money when either I know my IAP will be lost or won't transfer or I know that Gameloft will leave the account sync either broken, inconsistent or simply will not reply. In the end, it is Gameloft that is missing out on real money and I would rather support the developers but not when it appears that the developers don't care to properly implement a feature consistently.

MarkusDindu

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Too bad Gameloft downgraded the graphics for the Windows versions just like they do with almost all of their releases (except for The Amazing Spiderman 2 - it scales the gfx per device specifications).

DH5 has low resolution textures and pixelated shadows compared to the Android and iOS version. Hopefully Gameloft will care enough to update the game to feature high resolution textures and effects for devices that can support them.
Because the majority of Windows Phones are low end, gameloft doesn't put the good graphics like they do on competing platforms. This is one of the revelations I discover when I bought a iPhone and repurchased my favorite gameloft games. You should see modern combat 5 on a 6 Plus compared to the WP version of the game, it's so crazy.

Dipayan Nath

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Because the majority of Windows Phones are low end, gameloft doesn't put the good graphics like they do on competing platforms. This is one of the revelations I discover when I bought a iPhone and repurchased my favorite gameloft games. You should see modern combat 5 on a 6 Plus compared to the WP version of the game, it's so crazy.

but they can provide in game graphics settings which they are already providing in android versions where we can choose from high,mid or low range graphics as our choice.

MarkusDindu

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
but they can provide in game graphics settings which they are already providing in android versions where we can choose from high,mid or low range graphics as our choice.

They could, but that would cost more development time, and I doubt Microsoft would pay them more money to incorporate that feature.

Jonathanmr7

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Dungeon Hunter V Save/Backup

You actually can continue on a different Windows Phone. I have been playing all day on two different WPs, switching when the battery gets low and continuing my progress. You have to sign in with FB from options and then it will present you with two accounts, the one you are currently using and the other that you used on your other device, just choose the other account and then you can use one account on both devices.

The issue is that Gameloft FORCES you to not only create a new character (just like on Rival Knights) but then they force you to play about 4 missions, tutorials and more BEFORE you can finally get the settings menu to be able to sign in.

This is ridiculous! Users should be presented with a sign in option upon loading the game the first time. A simple "New Game or Continue/Load Saved Game" would fix all of this. It takes a long time and building up a character that you don't even want just to get to the settings menu.

That is simply poor design.

Unfortunately, they do this in a lot of their games. It is also ridiculous that Gameloft does not implement the app data backup system that is built into Windows Phone. Not everyone wants a Facebook account and with all Windows products using the same Microsoft Account, this would ensure that saved data can be backed up and loaded with ease.

I hope the situation improves as we shouldn't have to create a new character, play for 15 minutes just to get the settings menu so we can "Connect" to our save game, thus losing 15 minutes of game time as it will be erased in favor of our old game.

Ryan, can you suggest that Gameloft doesn't disable the settings menu in their games as it is currently based on it only being enabled after forced tutorials with no option to sign in first and simply continue where we left off.

Thank you.

This dont work on DH 4 i try 2 or 3 times on my lumia when i reset it and nothing :( now im waiting for DH5 being compatible on 512mb and wanna playing on my surface but i cant...
we need save data sync for Windows and WP, compatible with 512mb and Win RT for surfaces!

Toan Le

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Ryan,

Did you know that Dungeon Hunter 5's save data does not sync from phone to PC like Asphalt 8, Rival Knights and more?

The game syncs my progress fine across my Windows 10 PC and my Lumia. Did you log into Facebook on your PC?
Also, for those who wants to create a new character, I have a workaround, though a bit lengthy.
First, you'll need a spare Windows device. Download, then run DH5 on it. Create a new character. Play through the tutorial, until the point where you can access settings. Log into Facebook. The game will ask with save data you want to keep, just choose the new data. Done.
I haven't tried it yet, though.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well then why MotoE runs it in full graphics. Come on. I paid double amount than Moto E and i am getting half graphics. Gameloft is fooling us.

Asphalt 8 is free, so if you paid something, it's for DLC or boosts or whatnot. And you did that deliberately.
I don't know Moto E, but does it have the same stunning graphics like Asphalt 8 (on a 930)? I doubt it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion