Installing apps from SD

rizzo183

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Last night, I had downloaded the .xap for Asphalt 8 (size- 800+MB) on my computer. I was planning to install it sometime today. Then I found out that it had been updated, of all days TODAY!

And although there's a message in the 'Store' saying- "Some apps on this card may be out of date. If you choose to install an out of date app we'll make the update available for you to download", the store, like before on WP8, doesn't recognize the app at all. So now i have to painstakingly (my connection speed sucks) download the app again, which is frustrating.

Does anyone know what that message exactly means? Is there actually a way i can install the game from the xap i downloaded last night, and then just update it?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
sadly you have to download the game from scratch . asphalt 8 picked a new update , and you are being warned that you are installing an outdated app :sad:

rizzo183

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Well, the message is always there, even if there are no apps to install.

What i don't understand is how it says -

1. "If you choose to install an outdated app..." - Sounds like, they'll let me at least "attempt" to install it. But outdated apps don't even show up.

2. "We'll make an update available for you to download" - Which sounds like, i'll still be able to install an app from the outdated xap file. But when i'm done, they'll just make me download the additional update which is small in comparison. Not having to download the WHOLE app again.

I don't know, maybe there's a reason that message was added in 8.1. Maybe an option to install from old 'xap's will show up in future updates.

Pranjal Rai

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
The new apps for wp8.1 will have the extension appx, which means that if we install an outdated app it will download only the updated part and not the whole app. Maybe that's why the message was added there imo.

GbolaDiran

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded the XAP files for my 820 outdated apps with some new apps from the apps store on my PC. All the apps appear in the “install local apps” section as expected but I couldnt install the outdated ones. It gives me error always: “We seem to be experiencing technical difficulties. Pls wait a little while, then try again. if the problem continues, try restarting your phone. Inquiring minds might find this error code helpful: 80070057″. I have waited so many while and even restarted my phone so many times. Can you help me out? Thanks alot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte