WP 8.1 vs BB 10.2.1

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
As it stands now, as far as what the OS's are capable of right now; Which OS is better? For me BB can piggyback off of Android apps which may have a slight advantage over WP. But what do you guys think?

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
The piggy back off android is a myth. Have you personally tried running android on BB? Its a throwback to android 3.0

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
The piggy back off android is a myth. Have you personally tried running android on BB? Its a throwback to android 3.0

I have tried it. Some apps run badly or don't run at all but it works. It works better though if you use Amazon Appstore or Snap (an app that accesses all free apps on the Play Store). How is it a myth?

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I also ask this now, because I'm considering grabbing an 8X or a Z10 for a backup.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I don't know what you're basing your comment off of, I have a Z10 and whatever app Play World doesn't have, I get from 1Mobile. I know that Play Store apps don't work so I don't even try. Chrome, Hangouts and other Google services aren't supported yet but you couldn't tell the difference on Wells Fargo, PayPal and any other non-Google app. As it stands, I'd say BB10 has WP8.1 by the short & curlies.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what you're basing your comment off of, I have a Z10 and whatever app Play World doesn't have, I get from 1Mobile. I know that Play Store apps don't work so I don't even try. Chrome, Hangouts and other Google services aren't supported yet but you couldn't tell the difference on Wells Fargo, PayPal and any other non-Google app. As it stands, I'd say BB10 has WP8.1 by the short & curlies.

How is your Z10s battery life?

kb1234

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
As it stands now, as far as what the OS's are capable of right now; Which OS is better? For me BB can piggyback off of Android apps which may have a slight advantage over WP. But what do you guys think?

Well, ill give you my input. I'm a diehard blackberry user dating back to os5, and I've had the z10 and Q10 for a year before switching to WP8. I love Wp8 over 10.2.1 for many reasons. It's fluid and doesn't need resets or reboots, animations of OS are great looking and don't seem cumbersome, and overall the OS is just so fluid and efficient. Yes BB10 was designed to be a very slim is in terms of Ram usage, and don't get me wrong, it's a very efficient OS,fluid and I loved using it but there's just something about WP8 that got me to switch. I wanted to try something new and fresh and I'm staying with WP8. The apps were never a factor because WP has everything I had on BB10 (snapchat, insta, dropbox, ESPN just name a few) also knowing that wp8 runs the same if not quicker and smoother than Bb10 on 1 gig less of ram just amazes me. Battery life is loads better than my z10, but that combines both hardware and software.

And to elaborate a bit on the apps, it was a great addition to be able to load apps from amazon app store, google play store, but they just didn't feel the same running on bb10, you could feel a bit of lag, the android interfaces,etc. So while it satisfied my needs like candy crush, any.do, duolingo, I don't think the android runtime on bb10 is enough to entice users over wp8.

With that said, I would get a Z10 as back up since I would like to switch between different OS, rather than having two windows phones. I did it for a while with my z10 and s3 before I sold both and got my L925

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
How is your Z10s battery life?

Night and day after the update. Bluetooth is always on since I tether frequently, 3 email accounts pushed and notifications constantly going off. It's off the charger from 5:30 AM until 11:00 PM and there's usually about 35-40% left.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Well, ill give you my input. I'm a diehard blackberry user dating back to os5, and I've had the z10 and Q10 for a year before switching to WP8. I love Wp8 over 10.2.1 for many reasons. It's fluid and doesn't need resets or reboots, animations of OS are great looking and don't seem cumbersome, and overall the OS is just so fluid and efficient. Yes BB10 was designed to be a very slim is in terms of Ram usage, and don't get me wrong, it's a very efficient OS,fluid and I loved using it but there's just something about WP8 that got me to switch. I wanted to try something new and fresh and I'm staying with WP8. The apps were never a factor because WP has everything I had on BB10 (snapchat, insta, dropbox, ESPN just name a few) also knowing that wp8 runs the same if not quicker and smoother than Bb10 on 1 gig less of ram just amazes me. Battery life is loads better than my z10, but that combines both hardware and software.

And to elaborate a bit on the apps, it was a great addition to be able to load apps from amazon app store, google play store, but they just didn't feel the same running on bb10, you could feel a bit of lag, the android interfaces,etc. So while it satisfied my needs like candy crush, any.do, duolingo, I don't think the android runtime on bb10 is enough to entice users over wp8.

With that said, I would get a Z10 as back up since I would like to switch between different OS, rather than having two windows phones. I did it for a while with my z10 and s3 before I sold both and got my L925

If you could choose a Z10 for $160 or a HTC 8X for $106, what would you choose? I'm leaning towards the 8X, which is the source for this thread.

kb1234

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
If you could choose a Z10 for $160 or a HTC 8X for $106, what would you choose? I'm leaning towards the 8X, which is the source for this thread.

Well in your case, I would definitely go for the 8X. I wouldn't fork over an extra 50$ for the Z10.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
If u want to try bb 10 os wait for BlackBerry z3 or get a z10.anyway z10 is good my friends using it although it has low battery life u can replace the battery by a new one. It looks great by sight.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

westfalkland

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
I've had both. Had a Nokia Lumia 925 but recently bought myself a BlackBerry Z30. So far I really like BlackBerry 10! It's better overall than WP, and I find the app situation better with BlackBerry 10 over Windows Phone.

One thing I really love about BlackBerry 10 is the BlackBerry Hub, it's really good.

Windows Phone is also good, but I think BlackBerry 10 might be the best OS I've ever tried.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro