So I was thinking about how the lockscreen displays the now playing artist, but it doesn't work with any service other than the stock music app. Apps can supposedly view the now playing artist (poc: some lyric apps can display lyrics for now playing music), so would it be possible to create a lockscreen app that reads the currently playing artist and then displays the artist picture regardless of the app which is playing music eg: Nokia MixRadio? Pandora has a similar concept where it shows the artist but that requires it to be from their app. I'm not a developer so I don't know if there's some restriction or something so would this be possible?
    Madam ImAdam likes this.
    04-27-2014 07:56 PM
    Sure, it is possible. Someone wayyyyy smarter then me would just have to be willing to spend the time to write an app that can "talk" to each music service to accomplish this. Not sure if there is anything underway. I would bet not. But it is possible.

If WP ever squeezed into the 10% or higher sales mark, I bet we start to see all kinds of fun tools/apps like that.
    04-28-2014 01:23 AM