Wired on-ear headphones - not bluetooth

Pufnstuf1012

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone have any recommendations for a pair of on-ear, wired headphones (I don't like earbuds) with a remote that actually works with a 925 running WP 8.1. I have a pair of Motorheadphones Bombers, which have a great sound but the remote only does start, stop, forward and back - it doesn't even control the volume.

I know it's to do with the fact that there is no industry standard for these things - but I can't find any information anywhere about which headphones will make and take calls with WP... unless there's a thread I missed, of course :smile:

If anyone has any thoughts, suggestions, recommendations etc I'd be grateful.

Bora777

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
The only wired on-ear example currently officially certified for Windows Phones with full remote controls are Nokia's original Purity HD by Monster. I have a white pair that I've used since my Lumia 800 and it's fine with my 925 as well.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
What do you mean no standard?

Anyway, I use Harman Kardon SOHO that works on my iPhone, 8S and Xperia for the common function which you described, I.e., pause, play, next track, previous track.

I can take calls with this too, like my Urbanears Tanto (no volume control, but newer models has).

Edit:

I tried my Harman Kardon with a Lumia 1520 and none of the functions work.

Last edited:

Shawn Magm

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I think there may be some adapters you can buy on eBay that have an inline remote that works. If you know how to solder, get an S3, S4 or S5 earbud, cut off the part of the headphone distal to the remote and splice a female 3.5 mm jack.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I had the LG HBS700's wireless Bluetooth headset that was awesome. Magnests built into the bud and placed back into the collar with play/pause forward and reverse in one side and answer /hang up calls and volume and bass boost on the other side, 10hr talk/play time and 2hr charge time. After those I hate wired headphones, cause I use them to work around the house and workout in. My only thing us cause I like to work on cars that it slips off your neck at some point. Was goon use a wire or some type or harder plastic that'll stay more snug around your neck.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
You're best bet is to buy some purity on ear headphones. They sound awful, but you can use the cable with three button remote with other headphones that sound good ;-)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte